Windows 10: What is program called "File ownership" in my Startup 'Context Menu'?

Discus and support What is program called "File ownership" in my Startup 'Context Menu'? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; From Ccleaner 'startup' tools I found a program name called "File ownership". It has no file location. When I opened it 'registry', I found this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BINOYGHOSH, Apr 13, 2019.

1. What is program called "File ownership" in my Startup 'Context Menu'?

From Ccleaner 'startup' tools I found a program name called "File ownership". It has no file location. When I opened it
    'registry', I found this location, "Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\UpdateEncryptionSettings". What is this?
    Anybody Knows what is this? Is this crated by any virus or malware? Please help.

What is program called "File ownership" in my Startup 'Context Menu'? e44a84af-4408-42ee-98c0-56847bc50175?upload=true.jpg

What is program called "File ownership" in my Startup 'Context Menu'? fcd1adcb-93e1-4e6e-beb9-76dd8faaddc5?upload=true.jpg

What is program called "File ownership" in my Startup 'Context Menu'? 25623abe-5c18-41af-9498-0d6dc2b1fa65?upload=true.jpg

:)

BINOYGHOSH, Apr 13, 2019

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown What is program called "File ownership" in my Startup 'Context Menu'? :(

ArmoredCavalry, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Add Take Ownership to Context Menu in Windows 10  

Hello umisery, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You should be seeing "Take Ownership" in the context menu when you right click on an .exe file like below if you merged the downloadable .reg file from step 2 or 3.

What is program called "File ownership" in my Startup 'Context Menu'? [​IMG]

Brink, Apr 13, 2019
  4. H Notneb Win User

What is program called "File ownership" in my Startup 'Context Menu'?

Locked Powershell startup command in context menu

Since updating to Windows Anniversary Edition, there is an inaccessible Powershell command in my startup context menu.

There are two keys, one each for 'Directory' and 'Drive'.

On both the program is listed as "Open Powershell window here",

and the file command is: powershell.exe -noexit -command Set-Location '%V'

What is this, and why is it here.

I have tried to both disable, and to delete it. Both FAIL. Access is denied.

I have even gone to the registry location and attempted to put a (-) before the default value string.

This action should disable the item. I have also tried to delete the value string for the entire item.

With both of these maneuvers I am told that I cannot edit value string.

I have taken ownership of, and given all users full access to Powershell.exe, and tried all of these step again,

AND IT STILL WILL NOT DISABLE OR DELETE!!!

Has anyone else run into this?

H Notneb, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

What is program called "File ownership" in my Startup 'Context Menu'?

1. What is program called "File ownership" in my Startup 'Context Menu'? - Similar Threads - program called File

2. Startup menu has an empty program called CENTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup menu has an empty program called CENTER: Hello,I found a program called CENTER in my startup menu. Not sure what it is nor where it is located. Is there a way to find where it is located?...
  3. Startup menu has an empty program called CENTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup menu has an empty program called CENTER: Hello,I found a program called CENTER in my startup menu. Not sure what it is nor where it is located. Is there a way to find where it is located?...
  4. Startup menu has an empty program called CENTER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. A startup program called "Program"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A startup program called "Program": I found startup program called "Program". I found this after installing some apps 1- Google chrome /2- Wondershare E-Draw Max why?father more:- within my other pc I found this and after restart the blue screen error occurred....
  6. What is Startup program called "program"

What is Startup program called "program": what is this program in startup called "Program " i am not able to find it in my system and also i don't know is it okay to disable can someone help me to figure out this...
  7. What's This Menu Called?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's This Menu Called?: [ATTACH] The name of this menu is on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't seem to remember what this little corner taskbar menu's called. Pop-menu after clicking on the corner carrot on the taskbar menu. submitted by /u/Amil3418 [link] [comments]...
  8. Spooky Startup Program called "Program"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spooky Startup Program called "Program": [ATTACH] I've been trying to increase memory on startup so I can get through a game but no matter how many times I disable them, riot vanguard, iCUE, and this "Program" won't stop turning themself back on. I also kept trying to find if there was a way to get the file...
  9. Startup program called "Program"

Startup program called "Program": [ATTACH] I installed some programs that block websites in order to focus on my studies, and after i found out which one suits better for me, i uninstalled the rest, or i thought so. For some reason, there is this startup program called "Program", which after investigating...
  10. Add Take Ownership to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Take Ownership to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Take Ownership to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Take Ownership to Context Menu in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to add Take Ownership to the context menu of all files, folders, and drives for all users in Windows 10. This will allow...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. startup items context menu directory file ownership

2. startup context menu file ownership enable or disable