Windows 10: What is Program in Startup tab in Task Manager on Windows 10? Is it safe?

Discus and support What is Program in Startup tab in Task Manager on Windows 10? Is it safe? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you open Task Manager and go to the Startup tab, it lists the programs that are registered in the Startup group or the Run key to run automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 19, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

What is Program in Startup tab in Task Manager on Windows 10? Is it safe?

WinClub, Apr 19, 2021

2. Task Manager - Startup tab

Actually, I like your suggestion as a first step.

Unchecking the wrong thing in Autoruns can brick a system.

OldNavyGuy, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Edenuzki Win User
    Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager

I recently discovered that the apps I set to run on startup were not open, I had to run them manually. Thought it was a fluke but it happened the next day. I thought, no problem, I'll just open up the task manager startup tab... and then I discovered that
    the programs I want to start are not listed (Steam and Discord)

Here is a screenshot of my task manager startup tab if you need it. (A lot of programs have been removed from it for some reason)

https://puu.sh/Dyunv/6b1a653db7.png

Help would be appreciated on how to add these programs back.

Thank you.

Edenuzki, Apr 19, 2021
  4. mad4some Win User

Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

BUMP! can someone check there startup tab in Task manager and see if it lists any programs with the enable/disable option like in 8/8.1 Thanks!

mad4some, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

1. What is Program in Startup tab in Task Manager on Windows 10? Is it safe? - Similar Threads - Program Startup tab

2. What is ASHelper.exe in startup tab of task manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is ASHelper.exe in startup tab of task manager?: So I noticed this software with the name "Program" and a blank icon in the startup section of task manager. I disabled it and checked the file location. There it was written ASHelper.exe along with the location. Now the strange part is how the file location is written in task...
  3. What is this "program" in the startup tab in my laptop's task manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this "program" in the startup tab in my laptop's task manager?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Triankh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ld455m/what_is_this_program_in_the_startup_tab_in_my/
  4. Task Manager - Startup tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager - Startup tab: I found these 3 entries and am wondering why when I right click, the "Open file location" and "Properties" are greyed out. Hoping someone can help me find out what these are win10 version 2004 Thanks Richard [img] 169438
  5. What is the Program program showing up in Windows 8 Task Manager Startup tab?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the Program program showing up in Windows 8 Task Manager Startup tab?: [ATTACH] I am writing to find out what the application that writes this 'Program' in Task Manager is. I do not have any problems with my device, but I wonder why this program is there in terms of security, I hope I could explain....
  6. Program on Task Manager Startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Program on Task Manager Startup tab: I wanted to disable a few startup programs and there is a program called "Program" with blank paper icon: [img] What is it? Could it be some sort of malware / virus? Thanks! 143714
  7. Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager: I recently discovered that the apps I set to run on startup were not open, I had to run them manually. Thought it was a fluke but it happened the next day. I thought, no problem, I'll just open up the task manager startup tab... and then I discovered that the programs I want...
  8. Task manager/startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager/startup tab: I'm getting ready to clone a SSD and replace the HDD on an older laptop running Win 10 1809 on a core i7-5720M with 8 GB ram. I've cleaned it up best I know how short of running sfc /scannow... which I'm getting ready to do before the clone. I'm curious what the BIOS time...
  9. What is the Program "program" showing up in Windows 10 Task Manager Startup tab?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the Program "program" showing up in Windows 10 Task Manager Startup tab?: I have a program on the startup tab named "program". When I right click on it to see its location; I saw 'open file location' and 'properties' are grayed. Can anyone have any idea what is this? What should I do with it? Please reply. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup tab in Task Manager empty??: Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are...