Windows 10: what is purpose of "C:/USERS" folder ?

Discus and support what is purpose of "C:/USERS" folder ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My part of it is over 5. Gb. Could it all be deleted?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bob-M2_whats up, Aug 29, 2019.

1. what is purpose of "C:/USERS" folder ?

My part of it is over 5. Gb. Could it all be deleted?

:)

bob-M2_whats up, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Aug 29, 2019
  3. LemP Win User
    User's folder is not present in c:\\Users

Putting aside your somewhat random use of forward, backward, and double slashes, please explain the difference between:

• In Windows 7 Window Explorer, one cannot view the UserName folder
      in c:\\Users
    and

• UserName folder, normally viewable from c://Users, can be still be viewed and fully accessed from UserName's Desktop
      via Window's Explorer
    Click Start, type C:\Users into the Search box, and press Enter

Please list everything you see. If you would rather not reveal actual user names, use UserA, UserB, UserC, etc. Please mention whether view hidden files and folders is enabled or not.

Is the name of one (or more) users missing from the list of items?

Navigate to any document in the "UserName folder" that you can't see in C:\Users, then right-click and select Properties.

What is shown as the document's "Location"? Again, if you want to use UserA rather than the actual name, that's OK.

4. Kari Win User

what is purpose of "C:/USERS" folder ?

Unable to see folder C:\users\all users

Windows does not have a folder All users. It is a link to C:\ProgramData folder, in other words when you run command DIR "C:\Users\All Users", it lists the content of folder C:\ProgramData.

Thema:

what is purpose of "C:/USERS" folder ?

1. what is purpose of "C:/USERS" folder ? - Similar Threads - purpose USERS folder

2. What is the purpose of this device and what is it for?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the purpose of this device and what is it for?: pci\ ven_8086&dev_9a03&subsys_15391025&rev_05\ 3&11583659&0&20 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-purpose-of-this-device-and-what-is-it/392ce0a1-31e2-4d20-909f-4455ea644848
  3. What is the purpose of this device and what is it for?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the purpose of this device and what is it for?: pci\ ven_8086&dev_9a03&subsys_15391025&rev_05\ 3&11583659&0&20 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-purpose-of-this-device-and-what-is-it/392ce0a1-31e2-4d20-909f-4455ea644848
  4. What is these files in my inside of person's folder in "Users"? C:/Users/User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is these files in my inside of person's folder in "Users"? C:/Users/User: So i just browsing to my folders and i found these 2 random files in my [username] folder.What is Desktop.SED and ~Desktop.DDF files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-these-files-in-my-inside-of-persons-folder/392957a5-5f4f-4f4a-b542-c5ee4b28ad60
  5. What is these files in my inside of person's folder in "Users"? C:/Users/User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is these files in my inside of person's folder in "Users"? C:/Users/User: So i just browsing to my folders and i found these 2 random files in my [username] folder.What is Desktop.SED and ~Desktop.DDF files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-these-files-in-my-inside-of-persons-folder/392957a5-5f4f-4f4a-b542-c5ee4b28ad60
  6. What is these files in my inside of person's folder in "Users"? C:/Users/User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. What is AppVshNotify.exe and what is it’s purpose?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is AppVshNotify.exe and what is it’s purpose?: I encountered an exe file in details on Task Manager called AppVshNotify.exe, I have never seen it before but it says it’s Microsoft.I performed a virus scan and found nothing and the directory was C:/Program Files/Common Files/microsoft shared/clicktorunIs this a normal...
  8. What is the purpose of this partition?

What is the purpose of this partition?: I was partitioning my 500 gb hard drive, and I saw a ~75 GB partition without a drive letter. I was wondering if I created it by accident or is it necessary for windows to run. It is shown as a primary partition unlike the important things like efi boot and recovery and is...
  9. C:\User folders

C:\User folders: Please respond to the following with your thoughts and recommendations since this setup looks WACKY to me:Note that I am the only person who has ever used my computer. No one else has ever created a User folder on it.There are five User folders under C:\Users in my File...
  10. What is "C:\Users\DevToolsUser" it showed up in my users folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is "C:\Users\DevToolsUser" it showed up in my users folder: Hi All, May I ask what "C:\Users\DevToolsUser" is? Is it safe to delete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-cusersdevtoolsuser-it-showed-up-in-my/e80d4a41-c076-4eae-9473-262fd9c51721

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10>what is the difference between c>documents and settings and c>users