Windows 10: What is pximouse? it's running my CPU to 90% Need help

Discus and support What is pximouse? it's running my CPU to 90% Need help in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am seeing an app running in my taskbar naming pximouse. it's running about 90% of my computers CPU. but I didn't get any warnings or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Azwad Bhuiyan, Feb 8, 2020.

1. What is pximouse? it's running my CPU to 90% Need help

Hello, I am seeing an app running in my taskbar naming pximouse. it's running about 90% of my computers CPU. but I didn't get any warnings or notifications from windows defender. My PC has become slow too. What should I do? Any type of help will be appreciated.

What is pximouse? it's running my CPU to 90% Need help d0596717-0ea1-46a7-9794-d99fff69ddd4?upload=true.jpg

:)

Azwad Bhuiyan, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Windows Modules Installer taking 90% CPU

Hi,

Windows Modules Installer is a part of Windows Update Service that enables installation, modification, and removal of Windows updates and optional components.

If Windows is checking for updates, it is normal that this process will take some CPU usage.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know if Windows Modules Installer is
    having 90% CPU usage for a straight 24 hour period. If not, and it is just utilizing CPU usage for a minute or an hour, it may not be an indication of high CPU usage.

If yes, try to set Windows Update into manual mode:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate and double-click Windows Modules Installer.
    • Under Startup type, select Manual, click
      Apply, then OK.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

*If you think this was helpful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.*

Arjay Dom, Feb 8, 2020
  3. neelnagda Win User
    Unknown application on start-up named "pximouse"

I have windows 10 on my laptop. This application named "tiltwheelmouse.exe" or "pximouse" starts at windows startup and keeps running in the background. Is this app needed for Windows??

neelnagda, Feb 8, 2020
  4. JaYp146 Win User

What is pximouse? it's running my CPU to 90% Need help

[FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

What is pximouse? it's running my CPU to 90% Need help

1. What is pximouse? it's running my CPU to 90% Need help - Similar Threads - pximouse running CPU

2. System Interrupts is taking 90% of my CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Interrupts is taking 90% of my CPU: My taskbar/serch dont work anymore, nothing is opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-interrupts-is-taking-90-of-my-cpu/69b1fd5f-1b54-476d-916e-9093fdb189eb
  3. System Interrupts is taking 90% of my CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Interrupts is taking 90% of my CPU: My taskbar/serch dont work anymore, nothing is opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-interrupts-is-taking-90-of-my-cpu/69b1fd5f-1b54-476d-916e-9093fdb189eb
  4. System Interrupts is taking 90% of my CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. explorer.exe using 90%+ of my CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer.exe using 90%+ of my CPU: I don't know what causes this, but it just randomly starts even if I don't have Explorer open. There's explorer /factory,{numbers/letters} and explorer.exe -encodedCommand letters/numbers...
  6. explorer.exe using 90%+ of my CPU

explorer.exe using 90%+ of my CPU: I don't know what causes this, but it just randomly starts even if I don't have Explorer open. There's explorer /factory,{numbers/letters} and explorer.exe -encodedCommand letters/numbers...
  7. Is 90 degrees ok for my CPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is 90 degrees ok for my CPU?: I have Intel I5 1035G1 and intel UHD graphicsand while playing ROBLOX my CPU is occupied by 90-100 and it says temperature is 88-92i bought my laptop almost a month ago...
  8. Is 90 degrees ok for my CPU?

Is 90 degrees ok for my CPU?: I have Intel I5 1035G1 and intel UHD graphicsand while playing ROBLOX my CPU is occupied by 90-100 and it says temperature is 88-92i bought my laptop almost a month ago...
  9. I need help with my CPU usage.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need help with my CPU usage.: Here is evidence Hello everyone, there is really weird thing happening to me. I was looking at processes in task manager, then I click on users and I'm surprised, there was my account but the processor usage was bigger then processor usage of me like an user. Can someone...
  10. GPU 0% CPU 90%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU 0% CPU 90%: Hello, When i play Forza Horizon 4, at the more demanding moments at graphic level (for example going very fast in some snowy map)the textures of the map stop loading and i can see the message "low streaming video bandwith" while the car stops instantly. If i open the...