Windows 10: What is qksee image viewer?

Discus and support What is qksee image viewer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys, I just had this program appear on my desktop yesterday. I don't know what it is or where it came from so I went to control panel and tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by janmac, Mar 25, 2016.

1. janmac Win User

What is qksee image viewer?

Hi guys, I just had this program appear on my desktop yesterday. I don't know what it is or where it came from so I went to control panel and tried uninstalling it. It had the "continue" option for uninstalling but when I clicked it the cursor just had this quick loading animation and nothing happened. I tried also going here (WINKEY + I), System, Apps and Features. and tried uninstalling it and still nothing happened. Kaspersky doesn't detect it as malicious but I don't want it.

Can you tell me what it is and how to get rid of it?

Thanks!

:)

janmac, Mar 25, 2016
  2. what!?!? Win User

Apps not closing, still running in background

Thanks for the response. I am not looking for a "close all" function. Sometimes I intentionally want to leave an app running. In windows phone 8.1, I could exit and close th app by merely selecting the arrow/back button, I am looking for that same functionality.
    When I'm in an app, I want to be able to exit directly from there and not have it continuing in the background.

what!?!?, Mar 25, 2016
  3. what!?!? Win User
    Apps not closing, still running in background

I just got my Lumia 950 phone. On my prior Windows phone, when I pressed the arrow/back button on the bottom left screen, I would exit the app. On Windows 10 phone, I've been doing that and I just realized I'm not exiting the apps. I had intentionally not
    exited an app (because it had my boarding pass). Instead of back button, I pressed the middle window button. Later when I went back to call up my airline app, I pressed the arrow/back button and held it. Similar to my old windows phone, it showed me all the
    apps that were open. SURPRISE! unlike my previous phone, no app had been closing. Right now, I can't seem to find a "one click" way to exit an app. The only way is after I've done a few things, I hold the back button and click the "X" on each of the open items.

Can someone tell me how to exit an app with one click or swipe so that it is not still running, i.e. when I press the back button I will not see it? I'm sure this is something simple. I search the instructions that came with the phone and looked in the
    forum but haven't found the answer.

thanks in advance the assist.

what!?!?, Mar 25, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I just fond this link, Uninstall QkSee image engine and remove Ads by QkSee | Sureshot Software

Check it out and report back please..

And welcome to the forums.

BunnyJ, Mar 25, 2016
  5. janmac Win User
    I don't know, I have doubts with third party uninstaller. I've seen it a while ago but I'm being cautious of these kinds of programs.

janmac, Mar 25, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Then do a google search on that and you should find a way to uninstall it properly.

Here ya go.. there should be one here that will do the trick,
    qksee image - Google Search

BunnyJ, Mar 25, 2016
  7. janmac Win User
    That was pretty helpful, thought there maybe some way to uninstall programs without relying on third party uninstaller as they may in turn be uninstallable.

janmac, Mar 25, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

You're right. And just post back your results. It will be helpful to others later on.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Mar 25, 2016
  9. janmac Win User
    ok, it's very annoying it won't uninstall. though Kaspersky doesn't detect it as malicious, hope it stays that way. thanks again

janmac, Mar 25, 2016
  10. Please download Malwarebytes free version and install it.

Download the Free version from here, Click on save file.
    Malwarebytes | Thank you for downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Do a quick scan with it. Remove everything it finds.
    Then do a full scan with it and remove everything it finds again.
    The full scan may take some time but, let it run don't stop it.

If you have any questions or are not sure of something, post back and ask first.

If qksee is still there, let us know.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What is qksee image viewer? - Similar Threads - qksee image viewer

2. Image Viewer Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image Viewer Issue: When I double click on any photo in my library to see it in the Viewer against the black background it immediately comes up as normal then straight away changes it to a much smaller image on the screen. The same thing happens to every image when I click on the arrows. This is...
  3. Image Viewer Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image Viewer Issue: When I double click on any photo in my library to see it in the Viewer against the black background it immediately comes up as normal then straight away changes it to a much smaller image on the screen. The same thing happens to every image when I click on the arrows. This is...
  4. Image Viewer Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. XV image viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XV image viewer: Is there anyone running the xv image viewer under Debian (preferably Debian 11), please ?
  6. Photo Viewer Image Compression

Photo Viewer Image Compression: Hi,Does the Windows Photo Viewer automatically compress pictures to edit them? I took some portraits for my niece that I'd like to edit, but it's compressing them from a large file to a small one, which I don't want. Ex. The picture starts out as 7.8MB & ends up as 1MB.I know...
  7. Image and Video viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Image and Video viewer: Hello everyone. I'm new to Windows 10. My job requires me to work with images and videos, and i find Win10's interface to be quite inconvenient. I'm not sure if this is a technical question so if it is, please tell me and i will delete it immediately. Thank you. For images:...
  8. image viewer

image viewer: Hi, the default Microsoft image viewer ("Photos") in Windows 10 is ridiculously heavy. How can i use the default image viewer from Windows 7 in Windows 10? Please help. Thanks!...
  9. Image viewer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Image viewer: I tried to upgrade Windows 10 from version 1607 to 1803, (since the computer were constantly nagging about it). But it didn’t work and now I have lost the image viewer and more. I can no longer open any picture on that laptop. I just get the message “The app didn’t start”...
  10. windows image viewer not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows image viewer not found: windows 10 updated version have no image viewer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-image-viewer-not-found/b4d79451-c968-4da6-88a6-59a9503b2240