Windows 10: What is Radeon

Discus and support What is Radeon in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I see Radeon in the Startup apps.Was wondering what it's for and can I uninstall it.James... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JamesJoey, Feb 1, 2023.

1. JamesJoey Win User

What is Radeon

I see Radeon in the Startup apps.Was wondering what it's for and can I uninstall it.James

:)

JamesJoey, Feb 1, 2023
  2. Vivian_S Win User

Radeon settings

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are seeing multiple System Tray icons for Radeon application. We will certainly assist you with this issue.

Usually, we have seen this issue with certain versions of Radeon application. However, if you want to disable this from System Tray you can try the following methods.

Method 1: Using Taskbar Settings.

• Right-click any empty space on the taskbar, and then select
      Taskbar settings.
    • Under “Notification area” label click on “Select which icons appear on the taskbar
    • You can turn off the Radeon application in the list, which will in turn hide the Radeon System Tray icon.

Method 2: Use Radeon app preferences to remove the icon from System Tray.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in

How to Enable the AMD Radeon Settings System Tray Icon

In preferences section uncheckEnable System Tray” option.

If there are multiple instances of Radeon running under Processes tab in Task Manager, I would recommend you to update the Radeon application from
    AMD support.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Feb 1, 2023
  3. MDrone Win User
    Radeon z1300/x1550

I'm having the same problem as well. I get an error message when I try to upgrade to windows 10. It says there's a compatibility issue with Radeon X1300/X1500. I've gone through all the steps listed by Karthica_R to no avail. Wondering if there's a workaround.

MDrone, Feb 1, 2023
  4. What is Radeon

Issues with Radeon 7400 M graphics in windows 10

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for the post. The problem seems to be from Microsoft . I have followed below steps

• I have downloaded the software Leshcat’s Catalyst 15.7 WHQL UnifL from Most Popular Parts
    • I have unistalled all my graphics softwares and drivers related to radeon 7400 M.
    • The Catalyst 15.7 WHQL UnifL contains both intel and radeon drivers. So install intel drivers and reboot.
    • install radeon drivers and reboot.
    Now my system seems to be perfectly fine and no issues with drivers. Booting normally with out any issues. I turned on windows update and 7400 M drivers automatically installed from Microsoft.

After the reboot again the same problem. Now I am not sure how can I disable to download only 7400 M updates keeping all other updates on.

kindly suggest.

ShashikanthSrinivas, Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

What is Radeon

1. What is Radeon - Similar Threads - Radeon

2. problems with new amd radeon graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problems with new amd radeon graphics card: I bought a Dell OptiPlex 990 and a AMD Radeon HD 7670 graphics card the listing was kinda sketchy tbh. I recently installed it into my pc, following a tutorial just to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. After installing it I plugged my monitor into via a vga cable and that...
  3. problems with new amd radeon graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with new amd radeon graphics card: I bought a Dell OptiPlex 990 and a AMD Radeon HD 7670 graphics card the listing was kinda sketchy tbh. I recently installed it into my pc, following a tutorial just to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. After installing it I plugged my monitor into via a vga cable and that...
  4. problems with new amd radeon graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QY Laptop No Longer is responding to main 6800M Radeon Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QY Laptop No Longer is responding to main 6800M Radeon Graphics Card: I own a ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QY Laptop and the day it started was when I woke up that morning and booted it up and everything seemed fine so I power off and go to work, I come back and when I boot it up my main monitor that I have connected via display port does not connect...
  6. ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QY Laptop No Longer is responding to main 6800M Radeon Graphics Card

ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QY Laptop No Longer is responding to main 6800M Radeon Graphics Card: I own a ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QY Laptop and the day it started was when I woke up that morning and booted it up and everything seemed fine so I power off and go to work, I come back and when I boot it up my main monitor that I have connected via display port does not connect...
  7. Rnadom BSOD after Radeon 7800xt upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rnadom BSOD after Radeon 7800xt upgrade: Hi! I have recently changed my GPU to new 7800xt Raden card, beside that I am running also new B550m PLUS WIFI II from ASUS, Ryzen 5 3600, 2x8GB ADATA RAM, new PSU 750W from be quiet!. Since the change I have been experiencing random BSODs, eventhough this is clean install of...
  8. Rnadom BSOD after Radeon 7800xt upgrade

Rnadom BSOD after Radeon 7800xt upgrade: Hi! I have recently changed my GPU to new 7800xt Raden card, beside that I am running also new B550m PLUS WIFI II from ASUS, Ryzen 5 3600, 2x8GB ADATA RAM, new PSU 750W from be quiet!. Since the change I have been experiencing random BSODs, eventhough this is clean install of...
  9. i have radeon 560 graphics card and i have installed it amd driver but while playing games...

i have radeon 560 graphics card and i have installed it amd driver but while playing games...: how to solve and it has big problem that after the driver crashes a black screen appear that shows PCIE FATAL ERROR slot 2 detected how to solve i want to play games ihave 16 gb ram and a good processor but these problems are occuring how to slove these ? when i tries to...
  10. i have radeon 560 graphics card and i have installed it amd driver but while playing games...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i have radeon 560 graphics card and i have installed it amd driver but while playing games...: how to solve and it has big problem that after the driver crashes a black screen appear that shows PCIE FATAL ERROR slot 2 detected how to solve i want to play games ihave 16 gb ram and a good processor but these problems are occuring how to slove these ? when i tries to...