Windows 10: What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?

Discus and support What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A lot of Windows users have doubts about whether the rundll32.exe process that they see in the Task Manager is a genuine process or a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 25, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?

What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus? rundll32_exe-100x100.jpg
    What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus? rundll32_exe-107x150.jpg A lot of Windows users have doubts about whether the rundll32.exe process that they see in the Task Manager is a genuine process or a virus. The reason behind these inquiries is the paranoia created by fraud tech support companies [...]

This post What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus? is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 25, 2019
  2. PoPDieTy Win User

Rundll32.exe issues | Hello ! What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus? :D

First of, hello, just made an account for this one issue.

Now then, you can clearly see in the image what the problem is,

What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus? [​IMG]

if for some reason you can't see the image, then the problem is Rundll32, which is a windows host process. It run's it self multiple times at the same time consuming all of my resources. This is a fresh copy of Windows 10, MalwareBytes show no signs of virus or malware on the file or the PC it self.

I've tried what was suggested in this thread: Solved CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10? - Windows 10 Forums

But it didn't help, I would appreciate a little more help, please.

Process Explorer, doesn't show anything useful, just say's n/a or simply blank fields.

PoPDieTy, Apr 25, 2019
  3. LMiller7 Win User
    Rundll32.exe Problem

Rundll32.exe is a critical Windows process. The article linked to by Cliff S shows how to disable a specific instance of it, not the process in general. If all instances of the Rundll32.exe process could be prevented from starting your OS would be crippled.

LMiller7, Apr 25, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

rundll32.exe error in windows 10

This is caused by an entry in your Startup processes:

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to open Task Manager
    • On the Startup Tab look for anything relating to this file (rundll32.exe)
    • If you find something related, select it and click 'Disable'

If you did not find it there:

• Press Windows + R keys together to open the Run Dialog
    • Type msconfig in the run dialog and hit enter
    • Click on the Services Tab of the resulting dialog
    • Check the box marked 'Hide all Microsoft Services'
    • Look for anything relating to this file (rundll32.exe)
    • If you find it, uncheck it
    • Click Apply and Reboot

DaveM121, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

1. What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus? - Similar Threads - rundll32 exe process

2. rundll32.exe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    rundll32.exe: What would likely cause an error flag, "Win can't find file rundll32.exe in c:\Windows\System32", when the file does exist in this directory; date mod = 3/19/2019; size = 695 KB?...
  3. RUNDLL32.EXE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RUNDLL32.EXE: I am running Windows 10, ver 1909, OS build 18363.720. The RUNDLL#@.exe file has ceased to function. I can not longer access the screen saver program and the screen saver does not work. when I try to access the screen saver program thu settings I get the following message...
  4. DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM: Wondering could it be possible to get rid of the duplicate rundll32.exe entry from dcom. When opening dcom warning is shown (have clicked no recording). [img] [img] 138478
  5. What is Rundll32.exe and why has it started running in the background?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is Rundll32.exe and why has it started running in the background?: Hello, From the last few days there is something bizarre happening with my Windows 10 Task Manager Rundll32.exe will start running in the background when I look at my Task Manager and will not disappear. I have Windows 10 1903 for the last 1 month and I never noticed this,...
  6. Why does bitdefender think rundll32.exe and explorer.exe are viruses

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does bitdefender think rundll32.exe and explorer.exe are viruses: pls halp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-does-bitdefender-think-rundll32exe-and/aa33123d-33de-4ac9-b3ba-e7b693885828
  7. cannot get rid of rundll32.exe

cannot get rid of rundll32.exe: Hey guys, some rundll32 processes are doing whatever in my computer and this seems to be very important to them, so that I cannot work comfortably. With Autoruns64.exe I could delete some processes(see this post), but some malicious ones are still there. sfc /scannow didnt...
  8. rundll32.exe causes heavy problems

rundll32.exe causes heavy problems: Hi everyone, It's simply impossible to work fluently without been stopped, because of this process. All rundll32 processes in Task Manager point to the same process in system32. Many antivirus softwares have been tried, but nothing found. System info: Lenovo yoga with i7...
  9. Rundll32.exe Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rundll32.exe Problem: Hi Everybody as the title shows i want to completely block Windows Host Processes (Rundll32.exe) from being executed and i am very consistent to do so *sarc because its swallowing my cpu all the time *Mad and im sure that its not a virus it just a droll and useless windows...
  10. rundll32.exe detected as virus by Avast

in Windows 10 Support
    rundll32.exe detected as virus by Avast: Hi, I have a big issue i have all the time a popup coming from Avast saying it has detected a virus in rundll32.exe It comes when i open explorer or when set volume. Now the worst is that i cant even setup the playback devices for my Audio, when i try to go to sound...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rundll32.exe injected code into a System process (explorer.exe).

2. rundll32.exe returns nothing