Windows 10: What is SearchApp.exe?

Discus and support What is SearchApp.exe? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What causes SearchApp.exe to start running after ending the task in Task Manager? I end the task and then it shows up again a while later.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Named Name, May 13, 2022.

1. What is SearchApp.exe?

What causes SearchApp.exe to start running after ending the task in Task Manager? I end the task and then it shows up again a while later.

:)

Named Name, May 13, 2022
  2. John DeV Win User

Windows SearchApp error

Hello RumbaJuice,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be happy to assist you today. I understand you have a problem with Windows SearchApp error. Did you made any changes recently? When was the last time it was working properly?

Kindly try the suggested methods below if it helps.

Method 1.

**Please try to check first this support article.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/w...

Method 2.

**Repair all Windows apps via Powershell

Windows key+X then select Windows Powershell (Admin)

copy paste the command below one at a time then press Enter. Please ignore the red errors and let the process complete.

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Restart your Computer

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, May 13, 2022
  3. Ztruker Win User
    SearchApp crash

You did not get a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) failure though, correct? This is an application crash?

If so then this is the wrong forum as it is mean for BSOD crashes only as the header says.

What is SearchApp.exe? [​IMG]

You would be better posting in the General Support. If you like I can ask one of the Admins to move your thread there for you.

Ztruker, May 13, 2022
  4. Eric Ber Win User

What is SearchApp.exe?

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, May 13, 2022
Thema:

What is SearchApp.exe?

1. What is SearchApp.exe? - Similar Threads - SearchApp exe

2. Some errors with my pc, bluescreen with rtf64x64.sys error, hundreds rundll32.exe tasks...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some errors with my pc, bluescreen with rtf64x64.sys error, hundreds rundll32.exe tasks...: As month ago, I started getting bluescreens everytime I open my pc its a good one and new pc, and recently rebooted. Every time it gets the bluescreen on start, then it restarts and opens correctly. Also I started noticing that the task manager is low, opens in 5 to 10...
  3. Some errors with my pc, bluescreen with rtf64x64.sys error, hundreds rundll32.exe tasks...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some errors with my pc, bluescreen with rtf64x64.sys error, hundreds rundll32.exe tasks...: As month ago, I started getting bluescreens everytime I open my pc its a good one and new pc, and recently rebooted. Every time it gets the bluescreen on start, then it restarts and opens correctly. Also I started noticing that the task manager is low, opens in 5 to 10...
  4. Can not access any exe, including cmd nor registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not access any exe, including cmd nor registry: I could not access any exe filegave me the option to choose the app to open it with, so I wrote in cmd "assoc.exe=exefile" and restarted my laptop, resulting into not being able to open any app anymore, but the settings. I can not open cmd, nor task manager same thing,...
  5. The searchApp

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The searchApp: After system crash the last objects to run on the program in windows 10 wereThe system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application BackgroundTaskHost.exe -system errorThis overrun could potentiall allow a malicious user to gain control of this...
  6. SearchApp crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SearchApp crash: Hi. I got today first crash when i clicked on search bar in Windows 10 . I clicked on search nothing happened. And crash registered on event logs. Screen: [ATTACH] ExceptionCode:0xc00000602 app: SearchApp.exe Kernelbase.dll Ignore that? My pc: 108500K stock...
  7. SearchApp crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SearchApp crash: Hi. I got today first crash when i clicked on search bar in Windows 10. I clicked on search nothing happened. And crash registered on event logs. Screen: [ATTACH] ExceptionCode:0xc00000602 app: SearchApp.exe Kernelbase.dll Ignore that? My pc: 108500K stock...
  8. Searchapp Trying to connect to disabled microsoft server IPs slowing machine

in Cortana
    Searchapp Trying to connect to disabled microsoft server IPs slowing machine: Hi After having lots of problems while looking at streaming ultimatly, i checked which processes where trying to use bandwith... That s where i felt on searchapp... To know where it was connecting i first made a ping and the finally just browsed the server IPS for...
  9. Issues with searchapp crashing since latest update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with searchapp crashing since latest update.: Hello. Since the latest update (for me was on 11/18/20) I’m getting this error for trying use windows search (the magnifying glass opens then closes and you can’t type anything to search) Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp:...
  10. Windows SearchApp error

in Cortana
    Windows SearchApp error: Anyone know a fix for this error? I have tried multiple fixes, system restore and even update but to no avail. Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0xc404ae05 Faulting module name: ConstraintIndex.Search.dll, version:...