Windows 10: What is sleep button?

Discus and support What is sleep button? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am at the power settings and I see three options... When I press the power button When I press the sleep button When I close the lid What is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SuyashSingh101, Jul 29, 2020.

1. What is sleep button?

I am at the power settings and I see three options...

When I press the power button

When I press the sleep button

When I close the lid

What is the sleep buttton. i don't know. I have a Dell G5 SE or Dell G5 5505... I have read the service manual and I can't seem to find it there.

:)

SuyashSingh101, Jul 29, 2020

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 29, 2020
  3. What happen to the sleep mode function?

Hi Jovijago,

Since the Sleep option is not available in both System and Power Sleep settings, I suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter to help us determine what might be causing this problem. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, type in Troubleshoot, and select it in the search results.
    • Under Troubleshoot, click Power, then Run the troubleshooter.
    • Hit Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let the troubleshooter finish and share with me the results. Please take note if you encounter further errors.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

What is sleep button?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

What is sleep button?

1. What is sleep button? - Similar Threads - sleep button

2. I am not finding the sleep button on my Windows 11 laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not finding the sleep button on my Windows 11 laptop.: I am using HP EliteBook 840 G5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-finding-the-sleep-button-on-my-windows-11/50a818c3-f857-4bef-ad50-21ecc5a5d647
  3. I am not finding the sleep button on my Windows 11 laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not finding the sleep button on my Windows 11 laptop.: I am using HP EliteBook 840 G5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-finding-the-sleep-button-on-my-windows-11/50a818c3-f857-4bef-ad50-21ecc5a5d647
  4. Sleep mode and power button isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode and power button isn't working: For some reason the power button/ sleep mode doesn't want to actually turn off the computer. It turns off the monitor for a second and then just turns it back on on the lock screen 2 seconds after and no matter how many times I press the power button or try to turn it to...
  5. Sleep mode and power button isn't working

Sleep mode and power button isn't working: For some reason the power button/ sleep mode doesn't want to actually turn off the computer. It turns off the monitor for a second and then just turns it back on on the lock screen 2 seconds after and no matter how many times I press the power button or try to turn it to...
  6. Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work: Actually I need help because I run one programs that was for exam only but by that my computer has no options on power like of shut down , sleep, restart so how do I solve it and it doesn't work by short key also<Changed to a question>...
  7. Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work: Actually I need help because I run one programs that was for exam only but by that my computer has no options on power like of shut down , sleep, restart so how do I solve it and it doesn't work by short key also...
  8. Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work: Actually I need help because I run one programs that was for exam only but by that my computer has no options on power like of shut down , sleep, restart so how do I solve it and it doesn't work by short key also...
  9. Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work

10. Can't wake the laptop after sleep by pressing mouse or keyboard button.

Can't wake the laptop after sleep by pressing mouse or keyboard button.: After updating my windows 10 laptop that i have not update for 2-3 years i'm having a difficulty to wake my laptop back from sleep by pressing mouse and keyboard button which is work perfectly before. New update seemly has tempered some settings in my laptop which is i don't...