Windows 10: What is slowing my desktop down?

Discus and support What is slowing my desktop down? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have pretty good specs - Or at least I think I do. I'm barely tech savvy - enough to know how many ghz to look for in a processor for what I need it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vyudali, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Vyudali Win User

What is slowing my desktop down?

I have pretty good specs - Or at least I think I do. I'm barely tech savvy - enough to know how many ghz to look for in a processor for what I need it to do but not much else.

After assembling it and an initial month of perfect smooth performance it I'm nearly a year to owning this tower and it slows down/lags pretty badly at times. More of often than not I just need to restart it to fix the issue but once it happens it's tedious and nearly impossible for me to do my usual business without wanting to strangle the thing. A solid 6 seconds is sometimes the norm as I wait for the words I typed to catch up or a toolbar to catch up to my scrolling.

I got a round of constant BSOD at first which were a result of bad drivers and bad HDD so I thought the issue would fix itself once I did away with that. Got an SSD and better HDD for storage and purchased Driver Easy for updates. Before this I manually updated the software as well straight from the manufacturer websites. The only thing I haven't really done is update the SSD software and my motherboard (due to a lot of warnings saying not to)

I don't have many programs outside of manufacturer programs like Ryzen screens, AMD, and Canon printer things installed. I keep my HDD def-ragged frequently. I check for updates using Windows Update almost every day. I like to think I really don't use my desktop for much so I don't understand why it slows down. I use Google Chrome for my browser a lot but even when it's not open i'll have folders open slowly, with lag in the curser as I scroll through files, music skip and videos struggle to play smoothly. I have some games downloaded and the Microsoft Visual C+ extensions to run a few of the older ones, but I really don't play them much to see it be an issue. This desktop has better specs than my old HP laptop and that thing has never given me this problem.

I did read somewhere it might be a temperature issue but usually when I check it with Ryzen Master it's in the 40C range, which I read is around the normal temp. I screenshot my current temp since the desktop is acting up as I type this but I assure you this is not the usual temp I keep it at

What is slowing my desktop down? d9786e2b-e46f-4333-8f50-26fd4bdc236a?upload=true.png

My specs:

What is slowing my desktop down? a5f89f83-f314-4463-88fe-bec4e9030952?upload=true.png

If anyone can give me ideas as to what it could be I would greatly appreciate it. Even if it's a hardware issue messing with Windows I want some road to getting it fixed. I use my desktop daily for work, drawing, video editing, and usually just general browsing so it's annoying to constantly not know whether I'll be able to do what I need to do today or have to restart it constantly.

:)

Vyudali, Feb 21, 2019
  2. TIVVEY Win User

slow loading desktop

I tried the clean boot it didn't resolve slow desktop loading issues in Windows 10. Any other suggestions?

TIVVEY, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Feb 21, 2019
  4. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

1. What is slowing my desktop down? - Similar Threads - slowing desktop down

2. My Windows 10 Desktop Suddenly Slowed Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 Desktop Suddenly Slowed Down: Hello,My computer basically slowed down overnight!It was perfectly fine and now it's slow on boot up AND when opening applications.B450 Motherboard, 32GB RAM, Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB, Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.9GHz 12-CoreMy boot drive is a 480GB SSD 2TB HDD...
  3. My Windows 10 Desktop Suddenly Slowed Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 10 Desktop Suddenly Slowed Down: Hello,My computer basically slowed down overnight!It was perfectly fine and now it's slow on boot up AND when opening applications.B450 Motherboard, 32GB RAM, Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB, Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.9GHz 12-CoreMy boot drive is a 480GB SSD 2TB HDD...
  4. My Windows 10 Desktop Suddenly Slowed Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What could be causing my desktop to be so slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What could be causing my desktop to be so slow?: My desktop has gotten very slow. It has a 310ghz processor with 8 gig of memory. What could be causing it to be so slow. My wife's laptop is way faster. It is a windows 10 system....
  6. What could be causing my desktop to be so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could be causing my desktop to be so slow?: My desktop has gotten very slow. It has a 310ghz processor with 8 gig of memory. What could be causing it to be so slow. My wife's laptop is way faster. It is a windows 10 system....
  7. What could be causing my desktop to be so slow?

8. WINDOWS 11 - SLOWED DOWN DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11 - SLOWED DOWN DESKTOP: If this has been asked before, I do apologise.Since upgrading to the above, my desktop has showed up so much it has almost come to a standstill. It was ok whilst running 10. I have only had the desktop since March 2022. I have tried to download 10 but not with any...
  9. WINDOWS 11 - SLOWED DOWN DESKTOP

WINDOWS 11 - SLOWED DOWN DESKTOP: If this has been asked before, I do apologise.Since upgrading to the above, my desktop has showed up so much it has almost come to a standstill. It was ok whilst running 10. I have only had the desktop since March 2022. I have tried to download 10 but not with any...
  10. Computers slow slow slow slow down; what do I do?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computers slow slow slow slow down; what do I do?: Both my and my wife's computer will just sorta die; they work but things that should take a couple seconds take many minutes. Restarting fixes it, but it can take 15 minutes just to shut the computer down. Once I had to unplug it. Mine is 3 months old, hers maybe 5 years....