Windows 10: What is "SquirrelSetup"? Is it malicious?

Discus and support What is "SquirrelSetup"? Is it malicious? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I randomly found a file named squirrel setup, it opens in note pad and its a bunch of random code? that I haven't been able to figure out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jama3402, Jan 18, 2021.

1. What is "SquirrelSetup"? Is it malicious?

/u/Jama3402, Jan 18, 2021
  2. tkpenalty Win User

Malicious voters!

Yeah as I said, im talking about the case gallery, I am about to resend two of my cases because they were given malicious votes... given 1 without a reason... honestly whoever it is, you are a dickhead, if you are jealous, GET A JOB AND LIFE.

Now I suggest we should be allowed to see and report these malicious votes...

EDIT: Not only am I irritated it prevents my case from having fair votes as there is an "influence' thereafter.

tkpenalty, Jan 18, 2021
  3. malicious software removal tool

Hi Alex,

We would like to know more about the issue by answering the following questions below:

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool?
    • What is the last action taken before this issue happens?

We suggest that you check this link for more details regarding your issue:
    The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running supported versions of Windows.

We look forward to your response.

Anthony Gal, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

What is "SquirrelSetup"? Is it malicious?

1. What is "SquirrelSetup"? Is it malicious? - Similar Threads - SquirrelSetup malicious

2. Block malicious user logging onto my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Block malicious user logging onto my pc: I have an outside person logging onto my pc, constantly. They use console login, dcom, remote desktop and more. There is a server subsystem. On my PC and at one point I was using a winpe environment with a win 11 and 10 overlay wallpaper. They are using netfx4 and can control...
  3. Block malicious user logging onto my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block malicious user logging onto my pc: I have an outside person logging onto my pc, constantly. They use console login, dcom, remote desktop and more. There is a server subsystem. On my PC and at one point I was using a winpe environment with a win 11 and 10 overlay wallpaper. They are using netfx4 and can control...
  4. Block malicious user logging onto my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows malicious software removal tool taking so much time to install on settings update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows malicious software removal tool taking so much time to install on settings update.: In my settings the windows malicious removal tool update, I waited 20 minutes and the percentage of update installen is still 0%. The update is not happening and is stuck on only 0%....
  6. Windows malicious software removal tool taking so much time to install on settings update.

Windows malicious software removal tool taking so much time to install on settings update.: In my settings the windows malicious removal tool update, I waited 20 minutes and the percentage of update installen is still 0%. The update is not happening and is stuck on only 0%....
  7. How to remove malicious apps from My Libraries in Windows Store on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove malicious apps from My Libraries in Windows Store on Windows 11?: Dear Windows Support,I hope this message finds you well. Recently, I discovered that a malicious app infiltrated my system, stealing passwords and engaging in illegal activities such as uploading illegal content such as **** and ISIS propaganda to my social accounts. Was fun...
  8. How to remove malicious apps from My Libraries in Windows Store on Windows 11?

How to remove malicious apps from My Libraries in Windows Store on Windows 11?: Dear Windows Support,I hope this message finds you well. Recently, I discovered that a malicious app infiltrated my system, stealing passwords and engaging in illegal activities such as uploading illegal content such as **** and ISIS propaganda to my social accounts. Was fun...
  9. SquirrelSetup error after installing Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SquirrelSetup error after installing Windows 10 update: I am running into SquirrelSetup error after installing the Windows 10 update. Here is the start of the error message I get when I try to download Grammarly. 2020-08-20 09:42:32> Program: Starting Squirrel Updater: --install . 2020-08-20 09:42:32> Program: Starting...
  10. SquirrelSetup error after installing the Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SquirrelSetup error after installing the Windows 10 update: I am running into SquirrelSetup error after installing the Windows 10 update. Here is the start of the error message I get when I try to download Grammarly. 2020-08-20 09:42:32> Program: Starting Squirrel Updater: --install . 2020-08-20 09:42:32> Program: Starting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. squirrelsetup virus