Windows 10: What is Storage Sense? And how would it handle SSDs and/or Hard Drives?

Discus and support What is Storage Sense? And how would it handle SSDs and/or Hard Drives? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There is a new Windows 10 feature that was added in the Creator's Update. It's called Storage Sense. It is accessed by going to the Settings UWP app,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tom.Befrugal, Dec 14, 2018.

1. What is Storage Sense? And how would it handle SSDs and/or Hard Drives?

There is a new Windows 10 feature that was added in the Creator's Update. It's called Storage Sense. It is accessed by going to the Settings UWP app, under the System menu, and in the Storage list item.

I couldn't find any more information about Storage Sense, other than it helps with the data stored on your primary and secondary drives, I think?

So I have a few questions:

• What is Storage Sense and what does it really do? Give an explanation as detailed as possible.
    • How would it work on SSDs?
    • How would it work on Hard Drives / Disc Platter Storage Medias?
    • Is it self-aware the user is on SSDs or on Hard Drives?

Thanks.

:)

Tom.Befrugal, Dec 14, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

hard drive full, but can<t find the item to erase

Windows 10 has the option to change the storage location. We suggest that you change the storage location so you can still use your hard drive instead of using the SSD. Kindly follow the steps below on how to change the storage location:

• On the Search bar, type in storage and select the top most result.
    • On the Storage screen, change the location of each options to your desired hard drive. The files will now be saved on the specific hard drive.

What is Storage Sense? And how would it handle SSDs and/or Hard Drives? 47d2da23-d12c-4708-9637-ccc0766a4909.png

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Best 2.5-inch hard drive for storage and gaming?

1TB 5,400 RPM:
    • Seagate 1TB BarraCuda $54.78
    • Seagate 1TB Firecuda Gaming $65.50
    • WD Blue 1TB $56.89
    1TB 7,200 RPM:
    • WD Black 1TB $73.95
    • HGST Travelstar 7K1000 1TB $59.93
    Which one is the best 2.5-inch hard drive for storage and gaming?.

The hard drive is for the Fractal Design Node 202 Mini ITX case.

RodoGodo19, Dec 14, 2018
  4. What is Storage Sense? And how would it handle SSDs and/or Hard Drives?

Which SSD for Hard Drive Cache?

Samsung drives are crap? Okay buddy....

Their 840 evo drives are the only drives they have released that use TLC. At least in the consumer area.

MxPhenom 216, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

What is Storage Sense? And how would it handle SSDs and/or Hard Drives?

1. What is Storage Sense? And how would it handle SSDs and/or Hard Drives? - Similar Threads - Storage Sense handle

2. What does storage sense do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does storage sense do?: Like precisely what files does it delete? I actually keep important documents in my downloads folder so I wanna check before enabling it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-storage-sense-do/88fdc764-2c24-45fc-afef-2227a2282116
  3. What does storage sense do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does storage sense do?: Like precisely what files does it delete? I actually keep important documents in my downloads folder so I wanna check before enabling it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-storage-sense-do/88fdc764-2c24-45fc-afef-2227a2282116
  4. What does storage sense do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage Sense and One Drive Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Sense and One Drive Settings: I saw a full size setting similar size to storage window recently that provided an option to have storage sense and or one drive set the minimum unused space on the drive. The options were 15%, 20% and 25% to be left unused.I have hunted on the laptop and extensively on the...
  6. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Sense: In my Windows 10 system, Temporary Files contain system restore points-9 GB and Windows update Cleanup-6 GB, Is it safe to delete such temporary files? plz Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/981146e3-b38f-4e3c-88e3-c7bdb6a67b91
  7. storage Sense

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    storage Sense: If I set storage sense to clean every day? It doesn't seem to do anything Am I missing anything in my settings? or does it work only when you reach full capacity on the drive? thank you and stay safe 155349
  8. Storage sense

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage sense: Not able to turn on due to Administrator blocking it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/de41c85d-6ad8-4362-8c75-8176c32925de
  9. What is STORAGE SENSE?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is STORAGE SENSE?: My Windows (C:) drive has 16.2 GB free of 117 GB. I have three questions (1) Is this why I've received this message: "We've set up Storage Sense for you". Expanding that takes me to Settings where I see the snips below. (2) I haven't heard of 'Storage Sense' before - is it...
  10. Storage Sense and Compressing drive C?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Storage Sense and Compressing drive C?: Now that Reserve Storage has reduced storage available to about 2 GB I am begining to experience some issues, even having done my usual cleaning routines. There might still be something more to gain from cleaning up further in Storage Sense. Download Files appears to have...