Windows 10: What is storport.sys? (DPC latency)

Discus and support What is storport.sys? (DPC latency) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Gigabyte Aero 15 X9 laptop. Due to quaratine, I have been using it more, and I have noticed that I have a problem with DPC latency. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by leftisthominid, May 6, 2020.

1. What is storport.sys? (DPC latency)

I have a Gigabyte Aero 15 X9 laptop.

Due to quaratine, I have been using it more, and I have noticed that I have a problem with DPC latency. The general culprits are ndis.sys, nvlddmkm.sys, and ACPI.sys from latencymon.

It seems to have been a one-off, but I got a spike from storport.sys of about 3000 microseconds. What is storport.sys? I have an NVME SSD, nothing SATA. I have tried having Windows update my NVMe controller and Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller, but it found nothing to update.

:)

leftisthominid, May 6, 2020

2. DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys

I have one Storage Controller here is what the Drivers say

What is storport.sys? (DPC latency) [​IMG]

BradShoemaker, May 6, 2020
  3. DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys

Like this? It appears "Standard SATA AHCI Controller"

BradShoemaker, May 6, 2020
  4. arachnaut Win User

What is storport.sys? (DPC latency)

DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys

I'm afraid it is not that easy - that is a special MS port for Storage Spaces.
    You need to open the CPU branch and look at each port:

arachnaut, May 6, 2020
Thema:

What is storport.sys? (DPC latency)

1. What is storport.sys? (DPC latency) - Similar Threads - storport sys DPC

2. High DPC Latency

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High DPC Latency: Hi everyone! Lately, I've been facing such a high DPC latency and it's annoying so much. I'm currently using an Inspiron 14 5458 with Windows 1909. Drivers are all updated I used latencymon to check what was wrong and I see something wrong with ACPI.sys and ndis.sys. I...
  3. DPC latency fixes?

DPC latency fixes?: Over the last 3 weeks or so I've been having audio cracking and a sort of lag on screen for about a second or so, and this occurs every couple of minutes or so, is there any fixes to this issue? I've run LatencyMon and here's my results....
  4. DPC Latency Causing Microstutters

DPC Latency Causing Microstutters: I've been to threads up threads of people with this Issue; I've NEVER found a solution for any of them. Let me explain. My Wi-Fi Adapter (ASUS PCE-n15) is causing MAJOR stuttering Issues and causing my DPC Latency to spike to 66,000. Things I've tried -Manually Updating...
  5. High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys

High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys: Hello, I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking program, latencymon. I really...
  6. DPC latency diagnosis - nvlddmkm.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, wdf0100.sys etc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC latency diagnosis - nvlddmkm.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, wdf0100.sys etc: Hi there, Need a little guidance around how to use Windows Performance Analyzer to diagnose my DPC latency issues. I've run the recorder, but unsure which items to "graph" and then drill down to. I've seen screenshots from others posted here which show apps and their...
  7. High DPC latency

in Windows 10 Customization
    High DPC latency: I use my Dell XPS for recording and live playback but the system suffers from high DPC latency caused by ACPI driver. I removed Dell audio drivers and installed those from RealTek with no avail. Latency is an issue because I need this computer for live recording. Please your...
  8. DPC latency tests. High latency?

DPC latency tests. High latency?: Hello *Smile I have done some latency tests on my computer after I began to get some audio popping in my headphones. I have had this problem for a few months now. I cant seem to understand if my results are okay or not, which is why Im asking you. No games was running while...
  9. Terrible DPC Latency

Terrible DPC Latency: Hey guys, I am using an Acer VN7 791G gaming notebook with: - Core i5 4210M - GTX 860M - 8 gigs of ddr3 - no ssd - win10 64 My problems: - Mild slowness in general. - Constant delay of audio when playing videos, both streams and downloaded videos, movies etc....
  10. DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys

DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys: I have recently added a new mixer (Presonus Studio Live 16 Series III) to my studio and started having some major issues. It wouldn't be read by the Presonus Studio One 3 DAW. I asked Presonus for help and they asked me to give them a LatencyMon report. The report plainly...