Windows 10: What is SYSTEM PTE? Why it took so much RAM ? [Answer]

Discus and support What is SYSTEM PTE? Why it took so much RAM ? [Answer] in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm exploring a new computer built with an Asus ROG motherboard and noticed a large amount of RAM usage. Based on advice from this forum I used RAMMap... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JK42, Oct 20, 2020.

1. JK42 Win User

What is SYSTEM PTE? Why it took so much RAM ? [Answer]

I'm exploring a new computer built with an Asus ROG motherboard and noticed a large amount of RAM usage. Based on advice from this forum I used RAMMap to determine exactly what was eating up so much RAM. The only thing it could tell me is that "SYSTEM PTE" was allocated over 20GB of RAM. The only discussion I could find about this is an archived thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/what-is-system-pte-why-it-took-so-much-ram/fff15d69-f860-4f5d-8af9-3d589592900f

Luckily I remembered that I had been playing with the ROG utilities that were included with the board, one of them being "RamCache III". There isn't much explanation in that program about what it does, but I wrongly assumed it was managing the Windows page file so I selected my m2 drive and set it to the maximum allotment. Then went about my business. After using the system for a while I got a message from a game that nearly all of my physical memory was in use.

Turns out that "RamCache III" is managing data loaded into the RAM and holding it there with the aim of improving load times. I solved my problem by simply turning off the feature. I'd like to find more information about that software, of course it's an ASUS product so I'll look to them. But I wanted to post this here in the hopes of leaving breadcrumbs for the next poor sap that plays with utilities he doesn't understand :

Answer: Do you have "RamCache III" enabled? Disable it.

:)

2. What is SYSTEM PTE? Why it took so much RAM ?

I have Malwarebytes and Spybot installed just for this, did not find anything.

After reboot took some time, at first it shows unused, but a while later it kicks in. All unused memory goes to that system PTE

Setiawan87, Oct 20, 2020
  3. BenCage Win User
    SYSTEM PTE MISUSE

This was already attempted. I get the HP logo then a SYSTEM PTE MISUSE error.

BenCage, Oct 20, 2020
  4. What is SYSTEM PTE? Why it took so much RAM ? [Answer]

SYSTEM PTE MISUSE

Hello Ben,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, we'd like to clarify the error message that you're getting when trying to perform System Restore.

Blue screen errors (SYSTEM PTE MISUSE) can occur if a serious problem causes Windows 10 to shut down or restart unexpectedly. This can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

Meanwhile, let's run a Startup Repair using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Startup or Automatic Repair automatically diagnose and fix common issues that may cause operating system to not start properly.

To get started, let's create an installation media for Windows 10 (via USB) through this
    link.

Once we have the bootable USB, please follow these steps:

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
    • Select Language, Time and currency format and the Keyboard or input method.
    • Click Next.
    • Click Repair your computer, and select Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced option.
    • Select Automatic Repair, and select the operating system.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

What is SYSTEM PTE? Why it took so much RAM ? [Answer]

1. What is SYSTEM PTE? Why it took so much RAM ? [Answer] - Similar Threads - SYSTEM PTE Why

2. Why is the system consuming so much internet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the system consuming so much internet?: What is the system doing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-system-consuming-so-much-internet/b6a59228-c254-4dfc-af48-10706852483e
  3. Why is the system consuming so much internet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the system consuming so much internet?: What is the system doing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-system-consuming-so-much-internet/b6a59228-c254-4dfc-af48-10706852483e
  4. What's eating up so MUCH of my RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's eating up so MUCH of my RAM?: I literally checked everywhere, closed microsoft edge, closed discord, I only have Microsoft edge with like 3 tabs open and no matter what i close It still says it's using up like atleast 50% of my entire ram, which is weird, because i have 2666mhz of 16gb ram. Can someone...
  5. Why is YouTube using so much RAM?

Why is YouTube using so much RAM?: I am watching videos right now. I have my task manager up and once I use the search page, my memory usage shoots up at least ten percent if not more. Apparently nobody else is having this problem since I asked this question multiple times before in the YouTube sub with no...
  6. Service local system using so much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service local system using so much ram: My name is arjun and i bought a new laptop from asus online .but it has a problem my laptop is using so much ram and when i looked at my task manager a system called service host local system is using so much ram and makes my computer slow can anybody help me...
  7. Bootcamp and RAM usage for System PTE

Bootcamp and RAM usage for System PTE: [ATTACH] From time to time, Windows uses up all available RAM on my Macbook Pro and brings it to its knees until a restart. Memory management at this detail is beyond what I can debug. Anyone have have any ideas?...
  8. Why Windows processes are using so much RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why Windows processes are using so much RAM: My laptop has 16 GB of 3200 ddr4 RAM, but after letting it idle for about an hour the RAM usage goes straight up to 99% with only edge open. I checked my system and everything is up to date and the Task manager is saying I have 15.4 GB of available RAM. Is there anything that...
  9. Why is windows taking up so much ram?

Why is windows taking up so much ram?: [ATTACH] windows taking up way to much ram, like half of it https://preview.redd.it/a8z9aiop4fg41.png?width=432&format=png&auto=webp&s=549b1487bd359008a6ce44ac9310535c7c8ff334 submitted by /u/Monv44 [link] [comments]...
  10. Cortana Background Task Host - What is it? Why does it use so much RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Background Task Host - What is it? Why does it use so much RAM: When I initially start up my computer, Cortana Background Task Host is hogging a lot of RAM and it last for a few minutes, but eventually goes away. I've tried looking for info on what this is/does specifically but am coming up empty. Anyone have more information?...