Windows 10: What is taking 100 GB of space?

Discus and support What is taking 100 GB of space? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, My PC's C disk was nearly fulled so i tried to clear some programs on it but when i was trying to check what do delete it says 85 GB is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Worst_Dream, May 14, 2020.

1. What is taking 100 GB of space?

Hey,

My PC's C disk was nearly fulled so i tried to clear some programs on it but when i was trying to check what do delete it says 85 GB is downloaded. But when i check every program on it and sum up the GB's its maximum 20 GB. So i was wondering how can i find what's taking that much space?, (I always download huge files to my other disk like games & stuff).

submitted by /u/Worst_Dream
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Worst_Dream, May 14, 2020
  2. Camiee Win User

Is 1 System Restore Point that takes up 100 GB of space safe to delete?

100GB !!??? That's awefully BIG for one restore point !?? You sure there is only one ? If it is you can delete it but afterwards make sure you create a New one. And the new one should only be a few GB probably 5 or under, not 100 !

Camiee, May 23, 2020
  3. Jack_246 Win User
    Is 1 System Restore Point that takes up 100 GB of space safe to delete?

Hi Guys, I was wonder if it would the 1 System Restore Point that I have on my computer would be Safe to delete because it is taking up 100 GB of Hard drive space. My Operating System is Windows 10 64 bit. Thank you, I hope you can help me.

Jack_246, May 23, 2020
  4. dmkleist Win User

What is taking 100 GB of space?

MS Money Plus Sunset 100 GB Size?

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. MS Money Plus Sunset works fine on my computer. Today, I was looking at a feature in Windows 10 that shows program and app sizes. MS Money Plus Sunset is shown to be 100 GB in size! I looked at my older computer that
    also has been upgraded to Windows 10 and it shows the program being 100 GB in size too. I took down the size of files on my main drive and then went to Control Panel Uninstall Programs. This program indicates that it is 100 GB in size here too. I uninstalled
    the program and noted that it was no longer listed in the list of programs. When I check the size of files on my main drive, it is about the same, no where near 100 GB removed. So, I reinstalled the program and it again indicates it is 100 GB in size, but
    no increase in file usage shows up when I check after re-installation.

So, my question is: Does this program really take 100 GB or is there an error in how this particular program displays its size?

Can someone else using this program check what Windows 10 thinks its size is? Use settings -> apps and features for a list of programs listed by size, or simply go to the uninstall program page of the control panel. Both of these setting show my MS Money
    being 100 GB in size. But I can't find where that usage is being consumed. Odd.

dmkleist, May 23, 2020
Thema:

What is taking 100 GB of space?

1. What is taking 100 GB of space? - Similar Threads - taking 100 space

2. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space: So I've been having this issue where my windows system and reserved space is taking up way over 100+ GB of storage on my PC which is far from normal. I've tried a few things already and gotten nowhere. I even tried using the index options method and performed a restart along...
  3. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space: So I've been having this issue where my windows system and reserved space is taking up way over 100+ GB of storage on my PC which is far from normal. I've tried a few things already and gotten nowhere. I even tried using the index options method and performed a restart along...
  4. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I Lost 100 gb storage space

I Lost 100 gb storage space: I was Trying To Download A Game Then it said Failed To Drag And Drop i pressed closed and i lost 100 gb of storage space please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-100-gb-storage-space/6fdf9be8-6de7-4c77-87f1-87737048a6d3
  6. I Lost 100 gb storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Lost 100 gb storage space: I was Trying To Download A Game Then it said Failed To Drag And Drop i pressed closed and i lost 100 gb of storage space please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-100-gb-storage-space/6fdf9be8-6de7-4c77-87f1-87737048a6d3
  7. I Lost 100 gb storage space

8. System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space

System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space: Problem: Something is taking up a lot of space on my PCInitial Analysis of the storage showed that System & Reserved is using 41.7GB of storage.Analysis using TreeSize: I did some research on why I have little available storage space and saw some posts online that it may be...
  9. System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space: Problem: Something is taking up a lot of space on my PCInitial Analysis of the storage showed that System & Reserved is using 41.7GB of storage.Analysis using TreeSize: I did some research on why I have little available storage space and saw some posts online that it may be...
  10. System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space