Windows 10: What is taking so much space?

Discus and support What is taking so much space? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I checked the other day and out of my 200 GB SSD partition for Windows, only 45 GB was remaining. I went into explorer options and enabled viewing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lolcocks, Sep 20, 2018.

1. lolcocks Win User

What is taking so much space?

So I checked the other day and out of my 200 GB SSD partition for Windows, only 45 GB was remaining.

I went into explorer options and enabled viewing hidden files and folders and disabled hiding system files.

Then I selected all the files in C drive and viewed it's properties, 112 GB was in use by these files but right clicking C drive itself showed 154 GB in use.

Screenshot attached.

What is taking so much space? [​IMG]

What is taking so much space? [​IMG]

What is taking so much space? I am out of my wits.

:)

lolcocks, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 20, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    System Taking Like All of my space ._.

Windows File Explorer is not great at finding out where your hard drive space is being used . . .

• Click HERE to download a small free utility Called TreeSize.
    • Run that utility as Administrator
    • Point it to your C Drive
    • Let the list of files/folders build
    • Expand out the folder(s) that are taking all your hard drive space
    • Please provide a screenshot of the resulting window in order for us to make a better analysis of what is happening with your system and suggest a remedy

DaveM121, Sep 20, 2018
  4. What is taking so much space?

Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CWhat is taking so much space? :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

What is taking so much space?

1. What is taking so much space? - Similar Threads - taking much space

2. What is the Hiberfil.sys and why does it take up so much space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the Hiberfil.sys and why does it take up so much space?: How do i get rid of it if I can? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-hiberfilsys-and-why-does-it-take-up-so/7868a5b0-d7cf-4dd1-9e76-2716b40033fe
  3. What is the Hiberfil.sys and why does it take up so much space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the Hiberfil.sys and why does it take up so much space?: How do i get rid of it if I can? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-hiberfilsys-and-why-does-it-take-up-so/7868a5b0-d7cf-4dd1-9e76-2716b40033fe
  4. What and why is this file taking up so much space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What and why is this file taking up so much space?: So i was going through my laptop HP Pavilion to clean up junk storage i didn't need to speed up my computer. I was going through files when i noticed this file named RECOVERY D: located in devices and drives tab. It was also taking up 14 GB of HDD space with which is weird...
  5. What and why is this file taking up so much space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What and why is this file taking up so much space?: So i was going through my laptop HP Pavilion to clean up junk storage i didn't need to speed up my computer. I was going through files when i noticed this file named RECOVERY D: located in devices and drives tab. It was also taking up 14 GB of HDD space with which is weird...
  6. What and why is this file taking up so much space?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. system files taking so much space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    system files taking so much space: so my ssd is 128GB and it was only like 7GB full at first, then i download a game which is 67GB i have over 110GB free and then system files just takes up like 52GB therfore i cant even finish installing th last 10% of the game, anyone know a fix or the reason for this?thanks...
  8. Can't find what's taking up so much space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find what's taking up so much space: In my storage settings, it says that 'Apps & features' takes up 151 GB which is the majority of my C: drive. However, when I click on Apps and features and sort by size, The top app is 2 gigs, followed by 1.5 and 1. The list goes down smaller and smaller with half of them...
  9. What is taking up so much space on my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is taking up so much space on my computer?: I got this laptop around Christmas time, and it's wonderful and all, but the Disk Space has been almost completely used up already. It (supposedly) has 50+ GB Space, but it's down to 16. I haven't really downloaded too much onto it aside from Minecraft and a couple of things...
  10. What is taking so much space?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is taking so much space?: So I checked the other day and out of my 200 GB SSD partition for Windows, only 45 GB was remaining. I went into explorer options and enabled viewing hidden files and folders and disabled hiding system files. Then I selected all the files in C drive and viewed it's...