Windows 10: What is taking up so much space on my computer?

Discus and support What is taking up so much space on my computer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got this laptop around Christmas time, and it's wonderful and all, but the Disk Space has been almost completely used up already. It (supposedly) has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Super-Panda, Feb 25, 2020.

1. What is taking up so much space on my computer?

I got this laptop around Christmas time, and it's wonderful and all, but the Disk Space has been almost completely used up already. It (supposedly) has 50+ GB Space, but it's down to 16. I haven't really downloaded too much onto it aside from Minecraft and a couple of things I need to draw, so I don't get it. Maybe I'm just an idiot who doesn't see the thing right in their face or something. For more actual computer detail, it's an ASUS laptop, I don't know the specifics too well, sorry. intel Inside yada yada. Anything will help! (And let me know if I should move this post elsewhere)

submitted by /u/Super-Panda
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Super-Panda, Feb 25, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 25, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    System Taking Like All of my space ._.

Windows File Explorer is not great at finding out where your hard drive space is being used . . .

• Click HERE to download a small free utility Called TreeSize.
    • Run that utility as Administrator
    • Point it to your C Drive
    • Let the list of files/folders build
    • Expand out the folder(s) that are taking all your hard drive space
    • Please provide a screenshot of the resulting window in order for us to make a better analysis of what is happening with your system and suggest a remedy

DaveM121, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

What is taking up so much space on my computer?

Time computer takes to boot up

Hi,

It is possible that it takes too long to boot up after the update because the Fast Startup is disabled. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to know what troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to enable Fast Startup. This helps start your computer faster after shutdown:

• Open Control Panel and go to Power Options.
    • Click on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
    • If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.
    • Ensure that Turn on Fast Startup is checked.
    • Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

What is taking up so much space on my computer?

1. What is taking up so much space on my computer? - Similar Threads - taking much space

2. What and why is this file taking up so much space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What and why is this file taking up so much space?: So i was going through my laptop HP Pavilion to clean up junk storage i didn't need to speed up my computer. I was going through files when i noticed this file named RECOVERY D: located in devices and drives tab. It was also taking up 14 GB of HDD space with which is weird...
  3. What and why is this file taking up so much space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What and why is this file taking up so much space?: So i was going through my laptop HP Pavilion to clean up junk storage i didn't need to speed up my computer. I was going through files when i noticed this file named RECOVERY D: located in devices and drives tab. It was also taking up 14 GB of HDD space with which is weird...
  4. What and why is this file taking up so much space?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why is Roblox taking up so much space on my computer?

Why is Roblox taking up so much space on my computer?: After a few hours of playing, it always gives me a notification that my storage is low. I've deleted some other games that I downloaded but it doesn't free up that much storage. I don't know anything about computers so I don't know how to fix this. Please help me because this...
  6. Why is Clipchamp taking up so much space on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Clipchamp taking up so much space on my computer?: I am using a Windows 11 PC. I was trying to install a lot of apps 50 GB in total when I realized I didn't have enough space for them in my main drive. I opened Settings, and went to System>Storage. I was surprised when I saw that 91 GB of space was due to apps. I clicked on...
  7. Why is Clipchamp taking up so much space on my computer?

Why is Clipchamp taking up so much space on my computer?: I am using a Windows 11 PC. I was trying to install a lot of apps 50 GB in total when I realized I didn't have enough space for them in my main drive. I opened Settings, and went to System>Storage. I was surprised when I saw that 91 GB of space was due to apps. I clicked on...
  8. Can't find what's taking up so much space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find what's taking up so much space: In my storage settings, it says that 'Apps & features' takes up 151 GB which is the majority of my C: drive. However, when I click on Apps and features and sort by size, The top app is 2 gigs, followed by 1.5 and 1. The list goes down smaller and smaller with half of them...
  9. What is taking so much space?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is taking so much space?: So I checked the other day and out of my 200 GB SSD partition for Windows, only 45 GB was remaining. I went into explorer options and enabled viewing hidden files and folders and disabled hiding system files. Then I selected all the files in C drive and viewed it's...
  10. What is taking so much space?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is taking so much space?: So I checked the other day and out of my 200 GB SSD partition for Windows, only 45 GB was remaining. I went into explorer options and enabled viewing hidden files and folders and disabled hiding system files. Then I selected all the files in C drive and viewed it's...