Windows 10: What is the "Account Unknown" that shows up in registry

Discus and support What is the "Account Unknown" that shows up in registry in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I as debugging why I have a lot of 10016 errors in the registry. I read that I need to add administrator Full Cointrol permission to the CLSID and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Joseph Stateson, Sep 12, 2020.

1. What is the "Account Unknown" that shows up in registry

I as debugging why I have a lot of 10016 errors in the registry. I read that I need to add administrator Full Cointrol permission to the CLSID and APPID.

I was unable to do so as I did not have permission. Probably not important since system seems to be working and I read elsewhere that these errors are ignorable. However, I spotted an unknown account. This does not seem right. Can someone explain what this account is and if I should be concerned.

What is the "Account Unknown" that shows up in registry ff199350-cc62-4d24-8493-3a0660d48ef9?upload=true.png

:)

Joseph Stateson, Sep 12, 2020
  2. borgus Win User

Unknown account removal

In a 'permissions' dialog an attempt to remove an UNKNOWN ACCOUNT prompts that inheritance first must be disabled. Two options are offered...

1) Convert inherited permissions to explicit permissions on this object
    2) Remove all inherited permissions from the object

Which should be chosen, and will other accounts be affected? Or, would it be prudent to ignore the unknown account?

This is an "Sxxx" account and does not appear in the USERS account list, nor with other normal registry accounts.

borgus, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 12, 2020
  4. loque Win User

What is the "Account Unknown" that shows up in registry

Account Unknown has full Security permissions on my own User - huh?

and if its listed in the registry like in my case then what? *Redface

loque, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

What is the "Account Unknown" that shows up in registry

1. What is the "Account Unknown" that shows up in registry - Similar Threads - Account Unknown shows

2. ACPI driver showing up as unknown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACPI driver showing up as unknown: Hello,I recently bought a Gigabyte B660M Gaming X DDR4 Motherboard and discovered an unknown device. I'm struggling to find any available drivers and this is really annoying me - can anybody help?Driver Details shows up as: Device ACPI\INTC1070\2&daba3ff&0 requires further...
  3. ACPI driver showing up as unknown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ACPI driver showing up as unknown: Hello,I recently bought a Gigabyte B660M Gaming X DDR4 Motherboard and discovered an unknown device. I'm struggling to find any available drivers and this is really annoying me - can anybody help?Driver Details shows up as: Device ACPI\INTC1070\2&daba3ff&0 requires further...
  4. unknown registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown registry: hello. i just check my registry and found 3 that i don't remember called "IPS" , "Nahimic" and "Sonicfocus" is that safe or is it a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-registry/b96a8709-886d-4e04-b019-2563c174fab3
  5. unknown registry

unknown registry: hello. i just check my registry and found 3 that i don't remember called "IPS" , "Nahimic" and "Sonicfocus" is that safe or is it a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-registry/b96a8709-886d-4e04-b019-2563c174fab3
  6. Active Directory Issue -- Newly created accounts show up as Account Unknown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory Issue -- Newly created accounts show up as Account Unknown: I'm having an issue in Active Directory. When creating a new user and assigning it a path to its home folder the security permissions drops the user account and replaces it with account unknown. The SID of the account unknown matches the new user. Also when doing a search for...
  7. Active Directory Issue -- Newly created accounts show up as Account Unknown

Active Directory Issue -- Newly created accounts show up as Account Unknown: I'm having an issue in Active Directory. When creating a new user and assigning it a path to its home folder the security permissions drops the user account and replaces it with account unknown. The SID of the account unknown matches the new user. Also when doing a search for...
  8. Active Directory Issue -- Newly created accounts show up as Account Unknown

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Unknown Registry Key

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Registry Key: Hi, I have an up-to-date fully patched Windows 10 Home system and have a query regarding the Registry. Does anyone know what the following Registry Keys are used for: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SessionInfo\1\Applicat...
  10. Unknown Devices showing up in Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Devices showing up in Network: So, I've encountered this once before, but it's recently happened again. Got a device named 'austin' showing up in my Windows network section of Explorer. Its vendor was labelled 'Amazon', and it had no IP address - only a MAC address. To double my confusion, when I...