Windows 10: what is the advantage of fast startup windows 10

Discus and support what is the advantage of fast startup windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; after experiencing the following : hardware error windows 10 CRITICAL EVENT A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vermilion Sphere, Aug 7, 2019.

1. what is the advantage of fast startup windows 10

after experiencing the following :

hardware error windows 10

CRITICAL EVENT

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: ab

I have been advised to uncheck the Turn on fast startup box

what is the advantage of a Fast Startup ?

:)

Vermilion Sphere, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Fast startup on windows 10 anniversary

Hi,

For step-by-step instructions in troubleshooting Startup issue, kindly refer to this

link

Should you have questions or clarifications, let us know.

Best regards,

Jeraldine Ase, Aug 7, 2019
  4. what is the advantage of fast startup windows 10

Fast Startup not working but hibernate is working.

Hello Anubhav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the fast startup is not working after the check disk in your PC. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What issue were you facing to perform the check disk?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?
    • Which Edition of Windows 10 are you using?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Using Group Policy Editor:

Note: This option for using group policy is only available in the Windows 10 Pro editions.

• Press Windows Key + R combination and put gpedit.msc in
      Run dialog box.
    • In the left pane navigate to:

• Now look in the right pane, you’ll got the policy named Require use of fast startup as shown above.
    • Double click on this policy to get the window shown below.
    • Now you can use following settings:
    • Force “Hybrid boot” to be always turned on = Enable
    • Do NOT force “Hybrid boot” to be always turned on = Disabled/Not configured
      (Default Setting)
    • After making changes click Apply followed by OK.
    Restart the machine and check if it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

what is the advantage of fast startup windows 10

1. what is the advantage of fast startup windows 10 - Similar Threads - advantage fast startup

2. Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup: Why is my option to "Turn on fast startup" greyed out? [ATTACH] Pls Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-startup/4c05238b-43c2-4cc7-abff-f89aaf2795cd
  3. Windows Fast startup

Windows Fast startup: HI, My name is Sumiyuru and I have a problem about fast startup feature, By default my computer had the fast startup feature, and it worked fine but one day when I tried to shutdown it only made the screen black and went to lock screen, As I looked into web suggestions it...
  4. What is "fast startup"?

What is "fast startup"?: There are lots of posts here on how to enable and disable "fast startup", but I don't see anything explaining what it is. Please don't reply telling me that it is a feature that causes Windows to startup faster. I figured that much out for myself. I would, however, like to...
  5. What is “Fast” Startup doing?

What is “Fast” Startup doing?: Ive recently (3 Oct 20) completed the Win7 > Win10 migration (whilst the jurys still out on whether I consider it an upgrade Ill confess its going much better than feared) and am familiarizing myself with the changed environment. One thing thats puzzling me is Fast Startup....
  6. Fast Startup

Fast Startup: Okay so I figured out what's causing my computer to not fully shut down, and I'm cool with the whole fast startup feature but my problem with it is that I cant turn my computer back on when its in that mode, like I would have to hold the power button for it to fully shut...
  7. "turn on fast startup" windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "turn on fast startup" windows 10: "turn on fast startup" windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-fast-startup-windows-10/2f19289e-6c94-43cb-b23a-fb8b8ee38320
  8. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: Hi, does anyone know how to enable fast startup without enabling hibernation windows 10? Thank you 18351
  9. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: I tend to leave windows 10 mostly at default settings. So I keep fast start up enabled on my desktop. I do have an SSD but it is convenient and shaves a few seconds of reboot i guess. However I want to know whether it relies on a power source? What I mean by this is, is my pc...
  10. No fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    No fast startup: Hi i have looked in power settings and all i have is sleep and lock no fast startup box to tick i have looked in hiberboot enabled and it is set on (1) i do have 14393-222 build and i do not have any other problems with windows 10 just slow start up. Hp workstation 2tb hard...