Windows 10: What is the AppData folder in Windows 10? How to find it?

Discus and support What is the AppData folder in Windows 10? How to find it? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]When we install a program, it may go to either the Program Files folder or the Program Files x86 folder. Many of you might be aware of this fact.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 28, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

What is the AppData folder in Windows 10? How to find it?

What is the AppData folder in Windows 10? How to find it? [​IMG]
    When we install a program, it may go to either the Program Files folder or the Program Files x86 folder. Many of you might be aware of this fact. Every program has some customization features. When we run a program, we change its settings, customize its interface (if the feature is available), etc. This data […]

This article What is the AppData folder in Windows 10? How to find it? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 28, 2021

2. How to access appdata folder

Hi Jaden,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Write in the search box the following: “%appdata%” .
    • After the search is finished left click or tap on the folder that the search feature found.
    • If it takes you to the following path: “C:\Users\The user that you are logged in with\AppData\Roaming”.
    • It means that your folders are still there but they are hidden.
    • Click on “View”.
    • Check the box “Hidden items”
    Also you refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: Above link also refers to the Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 28, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 28, 2021
  4. What is the AppData folder in Windows 10? How to find it?

deleted AppData Account Picture file

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to about AppData folder.

What is the AppData folder?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: This link is also applicable to Windows 10 as well.

I suggest you to perform System Restore on your computer and check if you are able to get back the AppData folder.

System Restore brings a system to an operable condition after a disaster so that it can again accept and process data.

To perform System Restore follow the step provided below.

• Press Windows Key + R Key
    • Type rstrui and press Enter.

Hope this resolves your issue. Do let us know if it helped. For further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

What is the AppData folder in Windows 10? How to find it?

1. What is the AppData folder in Windows 10? How to find it? - Similar Threads - AppData folder find

2. How would i find AppData Folder for the App WorldBox?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How would i find AppData Folder for the App WorldBox?: I am trying to find out AppData folder to install the WorldBox game on my PC. I can't find that folder as I have to paste some files there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-would-i-find-appdata-folder-for-the-app/13c42ecd-cf75-40aa-a4c4-b7836d70e5f2
  3. How would i find AppData Folder for the App WorldBox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How would i find AppData Folder for the App WorldBox?: I am trying to find out AppData folder to install the WorldBox game on my PC. I can't find that folder as I have to paste some files there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-would-i-find-appdata-folder-for-the-app/13c42ecd-cf75-40aa-a4c4-b7836d70e5f2
  4. How would i find AppData Folder for the App WorldBox?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to find the application that is creating AppData\Local\Temp folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to find the application that is creating AppData\Local\Temp folders: I am working on an issue where the user profile folder 'AppData\Local\Temp' is creating the same set of folders over and over again. Currently, all of these folder seem to have a distinct different name. Even after deleting all the files, they seem to return. All the folders...
  6. How to find the application that is creating AppData\Local\Temp folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find the application that is creating AppData\Local\Temp folders: I am working on an issue where the user profile folder 'AppData\Local\Temp' is creating the same set of folders over and over again. Currently, all of these folder seem to have a distinct different name. Even after deleting all the files, they seem to return. All the folders...
  7. How to find the application that is creating AppData\Local\Temp folders

8. AppData Folder

AppData Folder: I can't download some things because i accidentally deleted the AppData folder. Any ideas how to get the folder back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appdata-folder/6ac62255-4077-47ca-9bb8-4b33fd688bbe
  9. How to see AppData folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to see AppData folder?: Hi! I'm an old guy who up until a few days ago was still chugging along with Windows 7 and Windows XP. But when MS pulled the plug on Windows 7 I decided it was probably time for me to finally make the jump to Windows 10. So I ordered a pig-in-a-poke PC from Internet...
  10. What is this folder in AppData/Local?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is this folder in AppData/Local?: Edited a picture in Windows, saw this folder in AppData that just contained images of the photos app. https://imgur.com/a/mAgZyYB some search results say this is a PUP or a virus but it literally only appeared after I edited a photo...