Windows 10: what is the benefit of backup c drive in window 10 in external hard drive. when can i use...

Discus and support what is the benefit of backup c drive in window 10 in external hard drive. when can i use... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i am planing to back up c drive in window 10. 1903 in my external hard drive.what is the benefit of backup c drive in window 10 in external hard drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by soni_18, Jun 25, 2019.

1. soni_18 Win User

what is the benefit of backup c drive in window 10 in external hard drive. when can i use...

i am planing to back up c drive in window 10. 1903 in my external hard drive.what is the benefit of backup c drive in window 10 in external hard drive. when can i use this backup . how can i use it.

:)

soni_18, Jun 25, 2019
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jun 25, 2019
  3. smee Win User
    Hard Drive / External Drive + Backups Configuration?

Hey all,

So I'm thinking of changing around my hard drive configuration on my main comp.

At the moment I've got:
    1 Internal 500GB (OS, programs, file storage)
    2 External 500GB (not really doing much)
    1 External 320GB (for my Lightroom photo library)

What I'd like to do, is ditch the 320gb photo drive (its a 2.5").
    I'd use one external 500GB for Video files, the other 500GB for Photo files.
    Then I'd want two more to backup those files, and have them backed up on our NAS Server.

I'd also have an external 1-2TB drive for OS hard drive backups and such, but thats not part of what I'm going to ask.

So my question for you guys is this:
    Should my 500GB Video and 500GB Photo drives be internal? Or External?
    If I put them inside the computer, will I get faster speeds?
    If they're external, is eSATA/USB 2.0 going to be sufficient for Video editing? (Using full HD video files, editing in Adobe Premiere Pro)

Either way I will have two backup drives (one for video, one for photo) and they'll both be backed up on the server.

So, to have 4 External drives or to have 2 internal and 2 external? That is the question.
    What are the benefits of having them internal? What about having them external?

For me, being able to bring my Photo or Video drive with me isn't really a big deal, I probably will never do it. If I would need to though, I could just take one of the external backups.

Also, second question. What kind of backup software do you recommend that would basically make a complete clone of my HD's?

Does any of this make sense?
    Any help is appreciated. *Big Grin what is the benefit of backup c drive in window 10 in external hard drive. when can i use... :D
    ~Smee

4. JATownes Win User

what is the benefit of backup c drive in window 10 in external hard drive. when can i use...

Hard Drive / External Drive + Backups Configuration?

I run 2 500GB drives in RAID-0. (Seagate 7200.12 drives)

This is very good advice. I have lost my array once. *Mad what is the benefit of backup c drive in window 10 in external hard drive. when can i use... :mad: I backup weekly to an external, and also copy any important files (work data, game saves, pics, etc.) to my 500GB "personal" drive. So basically, I have an image of my Array saved to the external, and a copy of "My Documents" backed up to the internal 500GB.

Moral of the story: Definately backup often, whether running a RAID array or not. *Toast :toast:

JATownes, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. what is the benefit of backup c drive in window 10 in external hard drive. when can i use... - Similar Threads - benefit backup drive

2. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive backup: Hi everybody, I would like to back up an external hard drive. To this day at the end of the day I launch a backup program with which I save everything to another external hard drive. Due to a malfunction a few days ago I risked losing data both on the main hard disk and on...
  3. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive backup: Hi everybody, I would like to back up an external hard drive. To this day at the end of the day I launch a backup program with which I save everything to another external hard drive. Due to a malfunction a few days ago I risked losing data both on the main hard disk and on...
  4. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Using external hard drive to extend c drive

Using external hard drive to extend c drive: Hello,I've been searching for how to use my external hard drive to create more space on my computer, as well as use it to update to windows 11 but all the articles suggest fixes that won't work.For the update, they all say I should have a Fix Issues button which will then...
  6. Using external hard drive to extend c drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using external hard drive to extend c drive: Hello,I've been searching for how to use my external hard drive to create more space on my computer, as well as use it to update to windows 11 but all the articles suggest fixes that won't work.For the update, they all say I should have a Fix Issues button which will then...
  7. Using external hard drive to extend c drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Is it possible to use windows backup utility for External Hard drive backup to External...

Is it possible to use windows backup utility for External Hard drive backup to External...: I want to backup Photos/Videos which are in various folders in GB large files from older external hard drive to new external hard drive. I was told better use Windows Backup. Is it safe to backup larger files? or using drag n drop method will be good? As I have never used...
  9. backup to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    backup to external hard drive: The backup to external hard drive will not perform. All kinds of errors and it says it did not backup. What? Am I so stupid that I cannot tell it what drive to back up to? It wants to choose for me and then does not like it's choice. Where are the real settings so I can...
  10. How I can you backup the entire c drive (windows 10) to an external drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How I can you backup the entire c drive (windows 10) to an external drive?: How I can you backup the entire c drive (windows 10) to an external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-you-backup-the-entire-c-drive-windows-10/6452e094-ef78-4e67-8f2d-79287a3990ae