Windows 10: What is the benefit of use Bitlocker without password?

Discus and support What is the benefit of use Bitlocker without password? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, What is the benefit of use Bitlocker without password? I turned on Bitlocker for a drive without a password and all users can access it without... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PI_Daniel, Aug 13, 2019.

1. PI_Daniel Win User

What is the benefit of use Bitlocker without password?

Hi,

I turned on Bitlocker for a drive without a password and all users can access it without any password.

Thanks

:)

PI_Daniel, Aug 13, 2019

2. why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    changing bitlocker password, Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We suggest to change it from Control Panel. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Unlock drive.
    • Type your present password and click Unlock.
    • The drive will be unlocked and you will notice more links on the right of that particular unlocked drive, click
      Change password.
    • Now, you may type your Old password, New password and Confirm new password.
    • Click Change password.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Aug 13, 2019
  4. What is the benefit of use Bitlocker without password?

Bitlocked drive disconecting after entering the corect password.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern, let us try few troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue and check if that helps. I suggest you to reset the password using the login screen and check if that helps. Refer the section under
    Resetting recovery password from the following article on
    BitLocker recovery guide
    for steps to reset recovery password.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to post your query in the

TechNet forums
    , where you will find support from professional who are dedicated to handle issue related to Bit locker.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. What is the benefit of use Bitlocker without password? - Similar Threads - benefit Bitlocker without

2. How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-bitlock-without-using-recovery-key/80a1fa6f-92cc-4b31-934b-30ae6a8e6599
  3. How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-bitlock-without-using-recovery-key/80a1fa6f-92cc-4b31-934b-30ae6a8e6599
  4. What are the benefit of changing hwid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the benefit of changing hwid: I just seen alot of people asking if their can change their hwid, i thought its not possible, but i guess i ill have to ask the higher up like this community, im pretty sure there are some cons when changing...
  5. What are the benefit of changing hwid

What are the benefit of changing hwid: I just seen alot of people asking if their can change their hwid, i thought its not possible, but i guess i ill have to ask the higher up like this community, im pretty sure there are some cons when changing...
  6. What are the benefits of using the Resilient File System ReFS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the benefits of using the Resilient File System ReFS?: Hi,I am currently on Windows 11 Pro... Would it be worth it if I changed to ReFS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-benefits-of-using-the-resilient-file/37e38d69-cc12-40ff-952b-6338c1daf8ab
  7. What are the benefits of using the Resilient File System ReFS?

What are the benefits of using the Resilient File System ReFS?: Hi,I am currently on Windows 11 Pro... Would it be worth it if I changed to ReFS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-benefits-of-using-the-resilient-file/37e38d69-cc12-40ff-952b-6338c1daf8ab
  8. Using BitLocker without a TPM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using BitLocker without a TPM: I have an older PC I want to protect the data on with BitLocker. It's running Windows 10 Pro, and the PC does not have a TPM.If I enable and setup BitLocker without a TPM, and set it to require a password on boot not a USB key, is the password itself encrypted? Normally the...
  9. Using BitLocker without a TPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using BitLocker without a TPM: I have an older PC I want to protect the data on with BitLocker. It's running Windows 10 Pro, and the PC does not have a TPM.If I enable and setup BitLocker without a TPM, and set it to require a password on boot not a USB key, is the password itself encrypted? Normally the...
  10. What is the benefit of joining this community

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What is the benefit of joining this community: What is the benefit of joining this community? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-benefit-of-joining-this-community/3b2a409c-afcf-4cac-bf89-358865d84106