Windows 10: what is the best backup solution?

Discus and support what is the best backup solution? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I currently have about 10 hard drives of different sizes but they are mostly 4TB, they are used to store some videos. But no backup for any drives now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Tsw88, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Tsw88 Win User

what is the best backup solution?

I currently have about 10 hard drives of different sizes but they are mostly 4TB, they are used to store some videos. But no backup for any drives now, they are working fine though.

However, the drives are getting old, ranged from 2 to 4 years. I am now doing some sorting and backup plan. It's a big work, because most of them are over 90% of their capacity.

My current strategy is - Delete the unnecessary files (mostly videos) and sort the rest of files into two categories (1. to backup 2. no problem if lost )

In this case I estimate that I still have 10TB files to backup

I always thought that portable 2.5 drive is the best option of storage and backup but now I am feeling pain because of transferring and copying a lot of files which takes a lot of time and effort.

Any comment for my strategy and backup solution? Any better stragtegy or idea?

Is there any reliable online solution that will provide 10TB or more space in an economic fee?

:)

Tsw88, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Sean8 Win User

Need a Backup Solution

Automatic backup

newtekie1 helped alot with what he suggested. Been using it for almost 2 weeks now works awesome.

Sean8, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Need a Backup Solution

That system works great for backing up files and such. But I need to back up everything. The OS, programs, etc. Is this method still ok to use if I back up everything? Including the C:/Windows directory? How would I restore everything?

I was thinking about some kind of imaging software. I've played around with DriveImage XML in the past and I think it's a viable solution.

Also is there something out there with incremental backups? (only back up what has changed instead of everything) That would be nice.

angelkiller, Mar 8, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

1. what is the best backup solution? - Similar Threads - best backup solution

2. What is the best way to backup my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the best way to backup my computer?: best way to make backup of whole system all programs, windows and etc and plz explain the following 1. File history2. Recovery driveif something happens like my boot drive fails then what to do*original title: backup...
  3. Best solution for scheduled, local, online backup of windows system disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best solution for scheduled, local, online backup of windows system disk: Hi I amlooking for advice on how to make reliable online backup of windows system diskto local USB attached disk. Meaningthat if something goes wrong later on, you can restore SSD from latest backupand boot from SSD. Details: I havebeen using easeus backup for...
  4. What's the best solution for a reliable RAID 1 setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What's the best solution for a reliable RAID 1 setup: I wonder if you could kindly assist with a recommendation of the most reliable Raid 1 mirroring setup, with current implementation by BIOS, an option of Windows 10 Pro, or using Storage Spaces in Windows. The background is that my primary aim is to ensure a backup of my...
  5. What's the best way to backup OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What's the best way to backup OneDrive?: I am liking OneDrive a lot, and I love the whole aspect of only downloading what I need to any device when I need it. Saves lots of storage on my laptops, but I have access to everything I need. That said, I don't like the idea of OneDrive being the only place where all of...
  6. What is the best way to backup Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the best way to backup Windows 10?: want to back up my information which would be the best option to perform this action correctly? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-way-to-backup-windows-10/8b1960d1-df2a-4468-a139-835916a4f707
  7. best invoicing solution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    best invoicing solution?: I am doing very small business and I don't actually need a very systematic invoice. However, I have a plan to start to be a little bit more systematic in the coming new year Is there any free or low priced excel template, windows software or apps where it can let me have a...
  8. Windows Defender hogs memory, what is best solution?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender hogs memory, what is best solution?: I have always used Windows Defender until I found my PC running too slow. I looked at the operations and Defender was near the top of the list. I read about it hogging memory and shut it off. My PC ran like a dream. I stay clear from Bitdefender, Avast and others because...
  9. Whats the best way to backup my files?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Whats the best way to backup my files?: Along with my nice new shiny laptop with Windows 10 on it, I have a Western Digital My Passport Ultra drive with 2TB of space. What is the best way to backup all my files - should I use the WD Backup software or does Windows 10 have a backup solution built in that I can...
  10. What's the best way to image W10 partitions for backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What's the best way to image W10 partitions for backup?: Hi -- I am looking for a good imaging program that will back up individual partitions in W10 -- including the boot partition. Preferably it's free but doesn't have to be. I had previously tried Aomei Backupper with W8.1 but just had a lot of problems restoring from image...