Windows 10: What is the best email client for Windows 10 in replacing WLM?

Discus and support What is the best email client for Windows 10 in replacing WLM? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; As you guys might experienced in the last couple of months, Windows Live Mail is becoming a mail client which is not performing as it was like before.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jyusa, Feb 29, 2016.

1. jyusa Win User

What is the best email client for Windows 10 in replacing WLM?

As you guys might experienced in the last couple of months, Windows Live Mail is becoming a mail client which is not performing as it was like before. Named that WLM is hard to sync with the MS server is one major issue and required to reset or re-register many times as new account in a week, but also you won't be able to drag and drop email messages in between accounts.

Please comment what you guys experienced and feel and what is best solution for Windows Live Mail for Windows 10!

:)

jyusa, Feb 29, 2016

2. What is the best email client for Windows 10

A kindergarten question for most, but I've self-taught, by trial & error from the beginning.

Using: Windows 10 Home, using MSN as homepage, look at email, Outlook.com, from there. Which is this, can you tell, POP or IMAP?

Thank you.

joanmariebernadette, Feb 29, 2016
  3. What is the best email client for Windows 10

Did you ever consider Mozilla Thunderbird email client?

Check it out it looks nice to me!

SteveBostic, Feb 29, 2016
  4. snoopy51 Win User

I use the Outlook 2016 as my primary Email client. I also use Mail, Thunderbird, web based Email like Comcast, Centurylink, and others.

But Windows Live Mail is a free program where as Outlook 2016 is part of Office 2016 or Office 365 and is not free!

snoopy51, Feb 29, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Feb 29, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    I use AOL since day1. But I have nothing to sync.

7. Berton Win User
    If by "MS server" it is meant Microsoft Exchange Server, I've noticed over time and various postings that most people had the best "luck?" using Microsoft Outlook [part of Microsoft Office] with it.

Berton, Feb 29, 2016
  8. mrgeek Win User

I had the same problem after using WLM 2011 for years. I went with Thunderbird with Calendar add-on. Very simple to learn and use. No account configuration problems for any of 3 accounts that I use, imported address books and folders, syncs pretty fast, good alerts and like the tabbed feature. And best of all, FREE.

mrgeek, Feb 29, 2016
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

This one is almost an Identical clone of Outlook, Free, Integrates with things like GMAIL etc too and works on Linux distros as well as Windows.

Download Zimbra Desktop

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 29, 2016
  10. meebers Win User
    The last Cum update broke my mail and Calendar app again. Tried your suggestion eM client. Works well, switching all my puters to it now. Tx...

meebers, Mar 1, 2016
  11. jyusa Win User
    The eM client is certainly a good suggestion IMO, except the free version handles maximum 2 accounts.

I'm still suspecting that WLM 2012 is having compatibility issues with Windows 10, particularly when syncing with MS's mail server. After extensive tests, eM does has syncing problems of Calendar and Mail too.

jyusa, Mar 1, 2016
  12. meebers Win User
    Yep, just found that out when trying to add 3rd account. *Eek

meebers, Mar 1, 2016
  13. What is the best email client for Windows 10 in replacing WLM?

I would go with eM Client. I've noticed some inconsistencies with Windows Live Mail 2012 since upgrading to Windows 10. Slow starting up at times, Mail Notification sounds doesn't always play or it's delayed. Occasionally my font size would change during composing. So I switched to eM Client and haven't looked back since. No more WLM 2012 for me! For link to download and try eM Client see post #3

robbie2745, Mar 1, 2016
  14. Ditendra Win User
    So far I tried, eM client, Thunderbird & Mailbird. Thunderbird has lots of options, but it's dead, plus has ugly interface. Mailbird is nice looking mail client, but lacks features. So I chose eM client. So far very good. Just one thing doesn't work: If you set for it's shortcut "start minimized" in Windows 10, it still won't start minimized. But I think they gonna fix it in the future. Anyway, not a big problem.

Ditendra, Mar 2, 2016
  15. Ditendra Win User
    So far I tried, eM client, Thunderbird & Mailbird. Thunderbird has lots of options, but it's dead, plus has ugly interface. Mailbird is nice looking mail client, but lacks features. So I chose eM client. So far very good. Just one thing doesn't work: If you set for it's shortcut "start minimized" in Windows 10, it still won't start minimized. But I think they gonna fix it in the future. Anyway, not a big problem.

EDIT: OOPS SRY FOR DUPLICATE MESSAGE, ACCIDENTALLY DID IT & CAN'T DELETE.

Ditendra, Mar 2, 2016
Thema:

1. What is the best email client for Windows 10 in replacing WLM? - Similar Threads - best email client

2. Anyone Using BlueMail for Windows? good WLM replacement?

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone Using BlueMail for Windows? good WLM replacement?: To my surprise a search of the Forum found no hits for BlueMail at all, I use it on my Android Phone, and think I might finally need a replacement for WLM ( to my chagrin ) as it is not handling newer HTML Mails well eg links to Google Drive Folders etc, but wonder if it is...
  3. What are the best RTP Windows clients?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are the best RTP Windows clients?: I currently have Windows in a VM and I would like to stream my Mic input into the VM from my laptop. It's a gaming VM (GPU passthrough, so the VM can fully play games with no issues), and I don't have a mic. For the Linux host using Pulseaudio I can stream my Mic over the...
  4. best torrent client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    best torrent client: you need to have used 2 or more of these to be able to have a good/decent answer: qBittorrent Deluge Transmission 1 of the sites said these 3 was the best ones gooogle is filled with spam from the marketing ppl, cant find any good info (maybe you're better at this)...
  5. How to transfer WLM calendar to another mail client?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer WLM calendar to another mail client?: To import a calendar to EmClient requires a .ics file. How can I export the WLM calendar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-wlm-calendar-to-another-mail/f925532b-e214-4620-b8cd-e5a1a3cc3d74"
  6. Best alternative desktop email client

in Browsers and Email
    Best alternative desktop email client: Currently using Win Live Mail 2013 on desktop, but very buggy. Have tried Mail app in Win 10 but not as comprehensive as WinLiveMail Any suggestions for alternative stand alone desktop email client? *Smile 72169
  7. WLM sending duplicate emails

in Browsers and Email
    WLM sending duplicate emails: When sending emails in WLM set up for IMAP I am getting the following error? The emails remain in the "Outbox" and then when they are fnally sent they are sent two or three times??? Can anyone provide some assistance as to why this is going on all of a sudden? Thanks...
  8. windows 10 email client

in Browsers and Email
    windows 10 email client: Hi, I just got a new computer with windows 10 and set up the email client. I cannot find an option that makes the client actaully download email from the email server (verizon). Is there such an option in Windows 10? If not, is there another mail client available to use?...
  9. What is the best email to have?

in Browsers and Email
    What is the best email to have?: What is the best email to have? My provider screw my email up so I'm asking what would the be the best email to have no matter what provider you have? 80967
  10. What is the best desktop search replacement for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best desktop search replacement for windows 10?: I am throwing this open to everyone. What is the best desktop search replacement for Windows 10? I would like one that is fast can find all files / programs etc.. and can integrate with windows 10. Thank you. 23042