Windows 10: What is the best free method to share 100 music files on my hard drive with a friend?

Discus and support What is the best free method to share 100 music files on my hard drive with a friend? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The folder on my hard drive with 100+ music files is over one gigabyte. My friend lives in another city which rules out using a USB cable with both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sdmike1974, Feb 20, 2020.

1. What is the best free method to share 100 music files on my hard drive with a friend?

The folder on my hard drive with 100+ music files is over one gigabyte.

My friend lives in another city which rules out using a USB cable with both of our laptops in close proximity. We are both running Windows 10.

I was thinking of something like OneDrive where I could save the 100 files in cloud storage and then give him my username and password.

Are there other options which are better?

TIA.

:)

sdmike1974, Feb 20, 2020
  2. little cat, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Feb 20, 2020
  4. jl2509 Win User

What is the best free method to share 100 music files on my hard drive with a friend?

Network/Music sharing

Hi
    we are all in posistions of learning and difficulties every day my friend, there are no silly mistakes here, just challenges yet to be overcome.

This should still be achiveable via hard drive sharing though, and a homegroup was simply a home network shared.
    Sharing such a device would have restrictions to a local network only though.

However, I do think that you are confusing some protocols between internet and local networks, and to try and make things easier for you, it may be best to try an alternative approach.

For this I would suggest a NAS drive as you previously mentioned or try iTunes which can stream Movies, Music etc to any device which you are signed into.

A NAS drive normally comes with iTunes or Plex software just for this purpose.

I hope this helps.

jl2509, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

What is the best free method to share 100 music files on my hard drive with a friend?

1. What is the best free method to share 100 music files on my hard drive with a friend? - Similar Threads - best free method

2. What is the best free hard drive recovery software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the best free hard drive recovery software: What is the best free hard drive recovery software that can recover permanently deleted files. And will the recovery process hurt the hard drive in any way?...
  3. one drive a malicious websites best friend

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one drive a malicious websites best friend: Am i correct in thinking if i use one computer all the time for regular surfing and another computer for just banking , that one drive could download files into my banking computer from the regular everyday computer....
  4. What is the best hard drive for Surface pro 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the best hard drive for Surface pro 10?: What is the best hard drive for Surface pro 10? submitted by /u/JulietClarkeBio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jpr5xt/what_is_the_best_hard_drive_for_surface_pro_10/
  5. Best/Quickest method of transferring files.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best/Quickest method of transferring files.: Good afternoon, My Brother-In-Law has several external HDD's which he wants to organise. He wants to copy folders, and sub-folders from one location [F: for example] to another location [G: for example]. Would it be quicker to do this using the CMD prompt in Safe Mode...
  6. What’s my best option to back up my entire hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s my best option to back up my entire hard drive?: I want to be able to have a mirror backup of my entire drive thats is fully accessible / functional as a file backup, unlike the corrupted files you usually find from windows shadow copies. Preferably something I can backup on an external, what’s the best way to go about...
  7. What is the best method of Moving Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the best method of Moving Software: I have a New computer with windows installed on a 500 GB M.2 SSD drive. I want to first Partition a new 1 TB M.2. SSD drive and migrate everything to the larger SSD drive. My older Windows 10 Computer has a 1 TB SSD drive C, one 1 TB drive D and 3 2 TB drives E-F and L. Some...
  8. Best method to wipe an ssd drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best method to wipe an ssd drive?: Any tips? I've used secure erase in parted magic (the option for enhanced secure erase was blanked out) but then read somewhere that there is no secure way to wipe an ssd? Planning to reinstall and then sell the machine on. It's only a small 80gb drive and not new to me or...
  9. Music files have disappeared from my hard drive.

in Windows 10 Support
    Music files have disappeared from my hard drive.: Two days ago I was simultaneously listening to music on the Zune software and unzipping files using winrar to add to my collection as I have done thousands of times before without a problem. Suddenly my music stopped playing and the Zune software gave me an error code that I...
  10. What is the Best Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 News
    What is the Best Hard Drive?: It was one year ago that I first blogged about the failure rates of specific models of hard drives, so now is a good time for an update. At Backblaze, as of December 31, 2014, we had 41,213 disk drives spinning in our data center, storing all of the data for our unlimited...