Windows 10: What is the best hard drive for Surface pro 10?

Discus and support What is the best hard drive for Surface pro 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; What is the best hard drive for Surface pro 10? submitted by /u/JulietClarkeBio [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JulietClarkeBio, Nov 7, 2020.

1. What is the best hard drive for Surface pro 10?

/u/JulietClarkeBio, Nov 7, 2020

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User
    How do I wipe the drive on a Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 computer?

Found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...m-a-usb-device

Ztruker, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

What is the best hard drive for Surface pro 10?

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

What is the best hard drive for Surface pro 10?

1. What is the best hard drive for Surface pro 10? - Similar Threads - best hard drive

2. What's best way to play VOB DVDs on Surface Pro 7?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What's best way to play VOB DVDs on Surface Pro 7?: I need to play DVDs on a Surface Pro 7, including VOB files. What's the easiest way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-best-way-to-play-vob-dvds-on-surface-pro-7/703b24d4-2e68-4631-9302-44bdc22bf9ad
  3. What is the best free hard drive recovery software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the best free hard drive recovery software: What is the best free hard drive recovery software that can recover permanently deleted files. And will the recovery process hurt the hard drive in any way?...
  4. Best hard drive health software?

in Windows 10 Support
    Best hard drive health software?: Is Hard Disk Sentinel the best overall? I have an SSD which had a lot of corrupt files, and I'm not sure if there's an underlying issue with this brand new Samsung QVO 870 SSD or if the file corruption was a consequence of something else. I downloaded Hard Disk Sentinel,...
  5. How best to ground Surface Pro 6?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How best to ground Surface Pro 6?: This is crazy, but I have had touchpad trackpad issues practically as long as I've owned this pc, and I FINALLY came across an answer online, but... I never noticed that my cursor responds normally when the Surface is unplugged because I don't use it on battery much, but when...
  6. 2018 Surface Pro not working with external hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2018 Surface Pro not working with external hard drives: Hi there So problem is I bought a surface pro with Windows 10. Had a brand new WD 4TB hard drive that just stopped working as it was started to be recognized as a Local Disk. So I tried all the fixes these threads could tell me with no luck. So I purchased a Toshiba 2TB...
  7. Whats the best way to deal with bad sectors in hard drive?

Whats the best way to deal with bad sectors in hard drive?: My hard drive used to have a bit of freeze on opening some of the files so I decided to run a chkdsk /f via CMD. That converted my disc to dynamic somehow and it wouldnt even let me boot to windows. Anyway after installing EaseUS partition master I was able to turn my hard...
  8. What is the best power supply for Microsoft Surface Pro 4

What is the best power supply for Microsoft Surface Pro 4: I am wondering what is the best power supply to purchase for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 to carry around in case I need to recharge it. The power supply that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4 will be staying at home. Thank you for all suggestions. 32924
  9. Microsoft Surface Pro Hard Drive Advice

Microsoft Surface Pro Hard Drive Advice: All, I need to replace the hard drive in my Surface Pro. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can order one? Any particular one that's high quality but not too expensive? Also, any good tutorial on how to replace one in a Surface??? Have a good day! Craig...
  10. What is the Best Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 News
    What is the Best Hard Drive?: It was one year ago that I first blogged about the failure rates of specific models of hard drives, so now is a good time for an update. At Backblaze, as of December 31, 2014, we had 41,213 disk drives spinning in our data center, storing all of the data for our unlimited...