Windows 10: What is the best method & drivers to reformat a Surface Book 2 w GTX1060 and reinstall...

Discus and support What is the best method & drivers to reformat a Surface Book 2 w GTX1060 and reinstall... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I own a 15" SB2 with 16gb ram and a GTX1060. I just finished backing everything up, and am at a point where I feel ready to reformat. My GPU has not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hirethestache, Jul 8, 2020.

1. What is the best method & drivers to reformat a Surface Book 2 w GTX1060 and reinstall...

I own a 15" SB2 with 16gb ram and a GTX1060. I just finished backing everything up, and am at a point where I feel ready to reformat. My GPU has not been functioning properly, and my overall system performance is extremely sluggish compared to when I got the SB2 new.

• What are the best drivers for each component (ram, cpu, gpu) to get up to speed quickly for each component once I perform the reformat?

• What's the go-to method for reformatting? I haven't had to do this in a number of years, has the process changed?

I want to start over from scratch to at least narrow down if the issues I'm currently suffering from are hardware or software related. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/hirethestache
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hirethestache, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware Update Nov. 18 Surface

Read more: Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware (Initial Release) Surface

Brink, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Update for Surface Book 2 on Windows 10 April 2018 v1803 - May 9 Surface

Source: Update for Surface Book 2 (09 May 2018) Surface

See also: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4055398

Brink, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

What is the best method & drivers to reformat a Surface Book 2 w GTX1060 and reinstall...

New Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware Update Nov. 18

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

What is the best method & drivers to reformat a Surface Book 2 w GTX1060 and reinstall...

1. What is the best method & drivers to reformat a Surface Book 2 w GTX1060 and reinstall... - Similar Threads - best method drivers

2. Reformat Surface Book to factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reformat Surface Book to factory settings: Hi, my surface is not working that well and the camera stopped working. I have tried several ways to get it sorted - even did a restore but still no camera. My next step is to do a full reformat to factory settings. My question is - will this install Windows 10 again or...
  3. Surface Book 2 Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2 Ethernet: Hi I have a Surface Book 2 and a Surface Dock, recently my ethernet LAN just disappear not sure why. I have tried rebooting, surface diagnostic, change lan cable and tested lan cable in other device in it worked fine. but not on my SB2. I checked that there is no driver...
  4. Surface Book 2 Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Book 2 Login: My buddy purchased his MS Surface Book2 a couple years ago. He always used facial recognition to log in. About a week ago, the facial recognition ceased to exist. He doesn't remember his Pin or Password. The hyperlink that says 'Forgot Pin' doesnt send me to another page...
  5. Surface Book 2 will not reset

Surface Book 2 will not reset: I created a USB restore drive from my machine, reset the computer and the restore dies at 65% and then not able to do anything. Is there any way I can create another restore usb without using my PC since it now does not work? I even went as far as saying wipe the whole...
  6. Trackpad on Surface Book 2 w/ 1903 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trackpad on Surface Book 2 w/ 1903 update: Hello, Have a user's trackpad that has had huge issues since 1903 was installed, i did a double check of the trackpad drivers and it's stating an Intel driver from 2006 is the best one. I just applied the Surface Book 2 Driver and Firmware package yesterday (I had applied...
  7. Surface Book 2 clean install - what about the drivers?

Surface Book 2 clean install - what about the drivers?: I was creating a recovery drive, just to have as a backup, for my Surface Book 2. I'm wondering, if I completely reinstall Windows 10 from the recover drive, a clean install, does Windows 10 automatically install all the drivers for the hardware? I didn't get any discs with...
  8. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  9. instagram on surface book 2

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    instagram on surface book 2: While attempting to install Instagram on a new surface book 2 device, an error read that requirements were needed. Directx and more than 2 GB of ram were indicated as the need but the machine has 8GB and is on Directx v12. Do you have any advice on what we should do next?...
  10. Surface Book 2 overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 overheating: Okay so I know the Surface Books have an issue with overheating. I absolutely LOVE my computer but obviously the overheating is an issue. Other posts talk about how its their screen that has the issue. I've even seen where the battery in the screen swoll up. My keyboard is...