Windows 10: What is the best method of Moving Software

Discus and support What is the best method of Moving Software in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a New computer with windows installed on a 500 GB M.2 SSD drive. I want to first Partition a new 1 TB M.2. SSD drive and migrate everything to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yourdaytosmile, Jan 2, 2019.

1. What is the best method of Moving Software

I have a New computer with windows installed on a 500 GB M.2 SSD drive. I want to first Partition a new 1 TB M.2. SSD drive and migrate everything to the larger SSD drive. My older Windows 10 Computer has a 1 TB SSD drive C, one 1 TB drive D and 3 2 TB drives E-F and L. Some drives have digital music libraries such as Native Instruments and Quantum Leap East West Libraries. The (1) 1TB drive and the (3) 2 TB drives are all 7200 rpm drives Sata III.

I use Pro Tools 2018 HD and is installed on the SSD drive along with other programs such as Windows Office, Adobe CS6 Master Suite, Ableton 10 Live, PreSonus Studio One 4, Sibelius Ultimate and Finale 25 to name a few.

When using programs such as Pro tools you place one's music libraries on a separate drive from the SSD and on another drive, separate from the Libraries is a drive to record to.

The Drive F is where Contacts, Downloads, Document, Favorites, Pictures and Video files are stored.

My new Computer has besides the 1 TB SSD drive (2) 6 GB 7200 rpm drives and a hot swap drive bay which will hold an 8 TB 7200 rpm drive that I can load to from the older computer. I have a USB 3.0 hard drive docking station so I have a way to go between the two computers.

I have Acronis True Image 2019 and Paragon Hard disk manager v 16.5. I also have Winrar 5.0

Any suggestions on moving, cloning (migration to the new computer) basically an easy way to setup the new computer. I have Windows 10 and both computers have their own license. The music libraries use an iLok dongle.

I have tried to create installation files and placed them on old drives for back up. Drives fail over time.

:)

yourdaytosmile, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Jizzler Win User
    Move method in php ??

Sounds like they just want you to create a method that modifies the x and y.

PHP: public function move(x, y) { $this->X += x; $this->Y += y; }[/quote] Your move method is just returning values, so nothing is changed.

Jizzler, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

What is the best method of Moving Software

Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10  

I've never seen or heard about doing this in the way you describe, not even thought about it. Now reading your chronological workflow I still do not understand why you are doing it in such a complicated way.

The verdict, my personal opinion:
    • Pros: None.
    • Cons: Everything.
    Method 1 as told in tutorial will work for you if you do it exactly as told: clean install Windows 10, boot to Audit Mode from OOBE region selection prompt, run Sysprep. That's it. Notice please that with clean install I mean booting from Windows 10 install media and installing Windows normally, not restoring a system image!

Kari, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

What is the best method of Moving Software

1. What is the best method of Moving Software - Similar Threads - best method Moving

2. What's the best professional text-to-speech software, and what's the best professional...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the best professional text-to-speech software, and what's the best professional...: I want to buy AI text-to-speech software that will read web pages to me and sound natural. What the best one? I also want to buy speech-to-text software so I can type with my voice. What the best one? Ideally it can learn names and new slang also. Currently use PC. Could...
  3. What is the best Antiviruse software?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the best Antiviruse software?: Please name the best Antiviruses software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-the-best-antiviruse-software/63bd7110-b391-4907-ab3b-d450285b6fc6
  4. Moving user folders to HDD - what is the best and simplest method

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving user folders to HDD - what is the best and simplest method: I need to reinstall Win10 as I keep getting BSOD since the recent update, but want to replicate my current document library heirarchy which is saved on the HDD. SSD contains OS, plus c:\users\UserABC > (Folder: Documents)HDD d:\users\UserABC > (Folders: Desktop; Downloads;...
  5. What is the best software for downloading videos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best software for downloading videos?: i would like to download a video presented buy intel called "How Wonderful Gets Done in 2021" found at How Wonderful Gets Done 2021 Event ' What downloader would you recommend? 177967
  6. Best software / method of removing duplicate files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best software / method of removing duplicate files: So I want to clean out my family’s Photo folder on our hard drive, mainly by removing duplicate photos from multiple imports over the years. However, there are over 1000 files in the folder, and there’s no way I’m sifting through all of those, so I went online to find a “file...
  7. What is best Antivirus software for windows 7

What is best Antivirus software for windows 7: Hello, My name is Steven lash San Diego, I have been using windows for many years but for last couple of months my laptop has been infected with virus. I have been using Microsoft Essential security antivirus for many years but it would not work properly on my laptop, can...
  8. What is the best anti-malware software?

What is the best anti-malware software?: What is the best anti-malware software? 89402
  9. What is the best driver updater software for 2018?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the best driver updater software for 2018?: Hi I always thought that the computer can automatically update its application when new version came online. But yesterday i heard from my friend that there are many driver updater software which are used sometimes. But i want to ask whether these updating software are...
  10. TH2 pulled, what is the best method to upgrade to 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TH2 pulled, what is the best method to upgrade to 10?: Hey all, So I have a Lenovo x230 laptop sitting here that has W7 Professional installed on it. I just grabbed an 850EVO SSD 250GB for it and I'm guessing I will have to clone W7 to the SSD to activate my W7 Pro license since it will deactivate once I swap out the HDD's?...