Windows 10: what is the best place to request MS add a feature to windows?

Discus and support what is the best place to request MS add a feature to windows? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The title says it all. Original request I am looking for a program that will lock my icons on the desktop positions I put them in and I read about a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by johnkoppms, Mar 5, 2020.

1. what is the best place to request MS add a feature to windows?

The title says it all.

Original request

I am looking for a program that will lock my icons on the desktop positions I put them in and I read about a program calledDesklock but I can't find any place to get it. Is this program any good and where can I find it. IfDesklock is no longer available can anyone else recommend another program that works to keep my desktop icons in their positions?

:)

johnkoppms, Mar 5, 2020

2. Windows 7 top feature request list leaked to the public

With Windows still managing to find its way to over 95 percent of the desktop computers sold each year, it's not surprising that one can find plenty of people interested in giving their feedback about what future versions of Windows should be able to do.

A few years ago, before Windows Vista had even shipped, Microsoft sent out a wish list form asking people what features they would like to see in the next version of Windows, currently code-named Windows 7. The top wished-for features in this list were recently leaked to the public and have popped up at various sites (e.g., Neowin). While anonymous sources at Microsoft tell us that they bear no relationship to the actual feature set Microsoft is currently writing for Windows 7, the list does provide interesting insight into what the Windows-using public most wants from Windows.

The features are listed in no particular order, but they break down into various categories depending on what part of Windows the feature request falls under. Many requests for improvements in Internet Explorer, such as a session restore function, are fairly obvious wishes for features that already exist in competitive products such as Firefox and Opera. Other suggestions, such as a tabbed Windows Explorer, look for features from web browsers to migrate into the general user interface.

what is the best place to request MS add a feature to windows? [​IMG]

Some of the feature requests are clearly unrealistic, such as the desire to "back up" Xbox 360 games to the PC (yeah, I don't think Microsoft will be doing that one). Others are minor user interface enhancements that would be nice additions but wouldn't really change the Windows experience, such as a progress bar when hibernating the system. However, there are a few that make good sense and would be welcome additions to the operating system, such as a built-in video and audio codec manager.

A Windows 7 insider who wishes to remain anonymous told Ars that the leaked feature list was gathered before any real development on Windows 7 was started, and readers should not expect to see requests from the list necessarily implemented in Microsoft’s next major Windows release.

Ben Clarke, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Feature request?

You've posted your request to an old, dead suggestion thread for a discontinued service (the My Phone service) that was provided for Windows Mobile devices.

Please make any windows phone 7 enhancement request in the
    Windows Phone 7 Feature Request forum, found here.

Julie fka profjulie, Mar 5, 2020
  4. what is the best place to request MS add a feature to windows?

Bug Fixes/Feature Requests For The Upcoming "Shango" Update

Hi L0gic_Bom8,

While we appreciate your feedback and attention to detail, the official place to have your voice heard is the

Feature Suggestions
    forum. That's where the Windows Phone Development Team pulls its inspiration for future updates and releases. Its a place to have your voice heard and others can also "vote up" your requests to show how important it is to them as well.

With that said, I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the progress made in Windows Phone 8.1 and many, if not most, of your items listed should be resolved. For the others, you really need to post them over in the Feature Suggestions to insure maximum
    viewability from the Windows Phone Development Team.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

what is the best place to request MS add a feature to windows?

1. what is the best place to request MS add a feature to windows? - Similar Threads - best place request

2. Whats the best MS Store software for optimization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whats the best MS Store software for optimization?: Hi, I bought a new computer but for some reason it was getting slower everyday so i thought installing any optimization third-party software to help me out but they were just consuming my computer's resources. So then i thought i should download an optimizer available on MS...
  3. Whats the best MS Store software for optimization?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whats the best MS Store software for optimization?: Hi, I bought a new computer but for some reason it was getting slower everyday so i thought installing any optimization third-party software to help me out but they were just consuming my computer's resources. So then i thought i should download an optimizer available on MS...
  4. Requesting to add a feature in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Requesting to add a feature in windows 11: I think a useful feature "Keep Always on Top" should be needed to add in windows 11 for every application window.Sometimes a user faces a situation where an application window needs to be kept always on top such as watching from another window we need to write in MS Word...
  5. Requesting to add a feature in windows 11

Requesting to add a feature in windows 11: I think a useful feature "Keep Always on Top" should be needed to add in windows 11 for every application window.Sometimes a user faces a situation where an application window needs to be kept always on top such as watching from another window we need to write in MS Word...
  6. Best place to buy W10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Best place to buy W10?: Hi :) I am looking to buy a W10 OEM license for a machine I am building. Recommendations for an online legitimate retailer? Thanks in advance. 163014
  7. Best place to get Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Best place to get Windows 10: I am building a new computer. Where is the best place to get Windows 10 and can it be installed without being linked to an microsoft account? I have seen people talking about the grey market. Are they legal. I want my windows legal and with no problems that will dectivate or...
  8. Feature Request

in Windows 10 Customization
    Feature Request: This a very mundane feature request, but wanted to see if Microsoft would add a left handed checkmark to the character map. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-request/c7da699a-b3ce-4f95-9d43-333db05a2ad0
  9. Best place to buy Windows from?

Best place to buy Windows from?: Hello everyone. I used to buy my Windows licences (and was able to gain access to the OS ISOs) from Softicle.com at a very good price. It might have even been someone on here who suggested them. They seem to be no more, as I emailed them today, but to no avail. Are there...
  10. What I miss in Windows 10 (feature requests)

in Windows 10 Support
    What I miss in Windows 10 (feature requests): Below are features that I consider important omissions or stepbacks, which I believe can be rectified or added in the autumn update pack 1. Networks - I can no longer rename or merge networks. As a roaming user I need it quite often. Renaming networks makes it easier to...