Windows 10: What is the best power supply for Microsoft Surface Pro 4

Discus and support What is the best power supply for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am wondering what is the best power supply to purchase for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 to carry around in case I need to recharge it. The power supply... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jaburmester, Dec 6, 2015.

1. What is the best power supply for Microsoft Surface Pro 4

I am wondering what is the best power supply to purchase for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 to carry around in case I need to recharge it.

The power supply that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4 will be staying at home.

Thank you for all suggestions.

:)

jaburmester, Dec 6, 2015
  2. DDDickson Win User

Battery Charging problem

Tired both - neither changed anything.

The issue is much more complicated than anyone at Microsoft has yet to grasp (as shown by 3 hours on the phone with a microsoft technician and running surface specific checks and no help).

Since the last microsoft update, the computer does not recognize the power supply AND will not charge. The batteries, are found and working okay. AND even when the computer is powered off, the chargers will not charge the computer. None of the three
    will have their LED that is on the charging wand (that attaches to the computer) light up. I have one power supply unit that will give a charge, but the irony of this is that this third power supply is made by a non-microsoft company.

Not knowing exactly how the power supplies give power to the surface I can only surmise that when a valid power source is attached that the computer recognizes it and sends a signal back to the power supply wand that then lights up the LED in the wand.
    If the computer is off, the signal should still go through. But, this is not what is happening - no LED is lighting up, and yet all three power adapters work with my other Surface 4 - with the LED lighting.

i did uninstall the AC Adapter driver and reinstall it - no help.

So the question is do I have a hardware issue that does not create the feedback loop that the surface needs to light the LED?

Why does one adapter (non-microsoft) charge and yet not show the LED light.

Crazy.

DDDickson, Dec 6, 2015
  3. mah082659 Win User
    How to turn off Windows update in Windows 10.

Thanks Anusha!

I have been using a Surface Pro 3 for almost 2 years with Office 365. It's worked pretty well until the Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade then not so much. It also upgraded from Windows 8.1. Best Buy just replaced my Surface Pro 3 at no charge. I was under
    warranty and asked them to re-install a fresh copy of Windows 10. They reported they couldn't because of a recall, so they gave me a new/refurbished one with Windows 10. Cool! Microsoft said the recall was only for a power supply. Best Buy didn't ask to
    change out the power supply. Weird.

So, I installed ALL my software on my new Surface Pro 3 and Outlook is working with iCloud again, yeah! Then the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition installs itself and Outlook no longer works with iCloud, boo! I rolled back to the last update and it works
    again, at least for now. I am hoping that Anusha's fix prevents future updates from occurring. Not sure what I'm going to miss as a result of this or if my 365 subscription will still work, if it doesn't then maybe I'll have to migrate to Open Office, or
    an Apple.

People have a right to be upset, we don't know the extent of what Microsoft is doing with an upgrade before it gets installed. Their upgrade decisions are making "customers" mad. I'm also a stock holder, although I don't know for how much longer. The
    Surface Pro 3 is my first and maybe my last Microsoft computer. It's up to you Microsoft, start caring about your customers and they'll take care of you. Force them to do what you want and you'll lose them.

mah082659, Dec 6, 2015
  4. strollin Win User

What is the best power supply for Microsoft Surface Pro 4

You should be able to buy a supply for a Surface Pro 3 (36W supply) that will work with your Surface Pro 4 as long as your Pro 4 doesn't have the GPU.

strollin, Dec 6, 2015
  5. I'm not a big fan of third-party adapters, so I would get another one from Microsoft. When I had my Surface Pro 3, I did the same, and kept one in the office and one at home.

DeaconFrost, Dec 6, 2015
  6. strollin Win User
    I bought a dock for my Pro 3 so I leave it and it's supply at home and travel with the supply that came with the device.

Since the OP is asking for the "best" supply then I would have to agree with DeaconFrost to stick with the MS supply.

strollin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What is the best power supply for Microsoft Surface Pro 4

1. What is the best power supply for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - Similar Threads - best power supply

2. Why Surface Pro power supply failed just after warranty?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Surface Pro power supply failed just after warranty?: Why Surface Pro power supply failed just after the warranty? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-surface-pro-power-supply-failed-just-after/00c8603a-b6e2-4b7e-818d-16b0ec0a59be
  3. Why Surface Pro power supply failed just after warranty?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Surface Pro power supply failed just after warranty?: Why Surface Pro power supply failed just after the warranty? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-surface-pro-power-supply-failed-just-after/00c8603a-b6e2-4b7e-818d-16b0ec0a59be
  4. Microsoft Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Surface Pro 4: I have a Surface Pro 4, that got screwed up during a windows update. Now the device can no longer see the internal hard drive. I have tried the usual things. Like using Diskpart etc, the device can no longer see the internal hard drive. I believe this to be a known issue. Has...
  5. Surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4: Will not allow use of mouse and it is showing red as usual. Restart and shutdown were done. Also can't delete numerous emails using shift. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4/7672285a-3b80-40cd-951b-38b76f76bc2e
  6. Surface Pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 4: I have an issue where when I switch on my Surface Pro 4 it boots are far as the screen saver and shows at the bottom that it is in Flight Mode only, no wifi etc. It also states the camera not available and requests sign in with pin which it will not accept or my password will...
  7. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  8. What is the best music player for use with Microsoft Surface 4 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best music player for use with Microsoft Surface 4 ?: Hi, Just a question to all. What is the best music player for use with Microsoft Surface 4 and Windows 10 ? Thank you for all info given 31579
  9. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169
  10. In Photos: The Microsoft Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 News
    In Photos: The Microsoft Surface Pro 4: Feast your eyes on the new Surface Pro 4, the thinnest, lightest and most powerful tablet. Period. 6Gh4o9IqeEU Microsoft’s Surface Pro 4 features a beautiful 12.3-inch PixelSense Display and is 30 percent more powerful than its predecessor, the Surface Pro 3. The...