Windows 10: What is the best program to lock (freeze) all the icons on my desktop?

Discus and support What is the best program to lock (freeze) all the icons on my desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all - This is especially infuriating after updating/changing graphics drivers. Does anyone know of a nice, small program that can lock the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Compumind, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Compumind Win User

What is the best program to lock (freeze) all the icons on my desktop?

Hi all -

This is especially infuriating after updating/changing graphics drivers.
    Does anyone know of a nice, small program that can lock the desktop in place so nothing gets scrambled?

TIA! What is the best program to lock (freeze) all the icons on my desktop? :)

:)

Compumind, Oct 15, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

4. RC#88 Win User

Desktop Icons Freezed

Hi ,

I downloaded an application called Fences , it a tool that helps to icon grouping on the desk top.

Soon i downloaded and installed the tool , all my desk top icons are freezed and cannot move.

The basic things are already tried like below but it doesn't work .

• Restarting the system
    • undoing of auto arrange
    Please suggest how to resolve this issue .

Thanks

RC

RC#88, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

1. What is the best program to lock (freeze) all the icons on my desktop? - Similar Threads - best program lock

2. This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons: What is this its on top of all my desktop icons and pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-icon-appeared-on-my-desktop-on-all-my-icons/cf37822c-5db9-4d34-a951-3edc712ddc95
  3. This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons: What is this its on top of all my desktop icons and pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-icon-appeared-on-my-desktop-on-all-my-icons/cf37822c-5db9-4d34-a951-3edc712ddc95
  4. Edge removed all my programs, leaving desktop icons unusable

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge removed all my programs, leaving desktop icons unusable: Hi, today my pc updated and downloaded the new edge program. However it also removed all my programs, leaving the desktop icons unusable. It also removed all the system restore points. This now leaves me with a pc with know programs. Can anyone please let me know how I can...
  5. What are all these little icons next to my programs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are all these little icons next to my programs?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KAJem [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h8kt93/what_are_all_these_little_icons_next_to_my/
  6. Program icon on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program icon on the desktop: I want to add program icons on the desktop. I have a PC running Windows 10. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-icon-on-the-desktop/270d66fb-772d-4107-90a8-5acfaafc5115
  7. What is the best program to lock (freeze) all the icons on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best program to lock (freeze) all the icons on my desktop?: Hi all - This is especially infuriating after updating/changing graphics drivers. Does anyone know of a nice, small program that can lock the desktop in place so nothing gets scrambled? TIA! :) 119926
  8. Desktop Icons Freezed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Freezed: Hi , I downloaded an application called Fences , it a tool that helps to icon grouping on the desk top. Soon i downloaded and installed the tool , all my desk top icons are freezed and cannot move. The basic things are already tried like below but it doesn't work...
  9. What's the Best Program to Check for Malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What's the Best Program to Check for Malware?: I'd like to know what's the best program to check for malware on my PC? 110997
  10. Whats the best Torrent program?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whats the best Torrent program?: I have been using bitlord, but I'm thinking of going to another torrent program. So which is the best? 26163