Windows 10: What Is The Best R9 390 AMD Card To Date For Crossfire ?

Discus and support What Is The Best R9 390 AMD Card To Date For Crossfire ? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So far after lots of searching I found this one: Sapphire 11247-03-40G Sapphire NITRO R9 FURY graphics card Shop UK : Ballicom.co.uk : Buy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by RoadBlaster, Dec 12, 2016.

1. What Is The Best R9 390 AMD Card To Date For Crossfire ?

RoadBlaster, Dec 12, 2016

2. Which processor should I buy for gaming and movies?

Tiger Direct is probably best place for Kits and amazon for individual prices.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X 12 Core

AMD Radeon R9 Series Gaming Graphics Cards, or

AMD Radeon Crossfire Gaming Graphics Cards

Western Digital HDD

Intel sucks, so many issues and failures.

seahawks65, Dec 12, 2016
  3. Directx 12 no MultiGPU support.

Hi there Microsoft and Community.

This is my first Issue post for Microsoft couse of the GPU both Nividia and AMD.

The post is kinda stright forward, it's about the new DX and question is. Why is there no MultiGPU when DX12 it was Created?.

I know this is very new devoloped DirectX and I do expect Devs would say "we are working on it or samthing".

But what do I know? Maybe they haven't thought about it.

I use my AMD R9-390 on crossfire and it would be usless if only one can be used in games using DX12.

Exempel, Battlefiled 1

**Post has been moved by the moderator to the appropriate category**

NelsonFredholm, Dec 12, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

What Is The Best R9 390 AMD Card To Date For Crossfire ?

Do you already have one ? If so best would be identical to that one you already have.

CountMike, Dec 14, 2016
  5. No not got 1 or 2 yet, but wondered weather there is any better R9's than what I have found ?

RoadBlaster, Dec 14, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Than it's better to get one much stronger GPU, like Rx 480/8GB or GTX 1080. SLI/CF doesn't work in all games, actually in small percentage of games. Another problem is that FX 4170 of yours, bet it's a bottleneck even for one R9 290 let alone two.

CountMike, Dec 14, 2016
  7. Well the bottleneck calculator says your choice is wrong & it is only 256-Bit if you know about AMD you will know they open the bandwidth to 512-Bit to stop bottlenecking & all your choice will do is bottleneck me even more.

The Bottlenecker

The above link says the sluggish 8-cores & 6-Cores would work but never tried the 6-core as heard the 6350 is just a fast as my 4170 which to me out performs the 8350 & the 9590, I have tried these CPS to back my text up...

From point of view people who say something is bad just because (benchmark test says so) doe not prove nothing, testing it for real life in games proved to me not a lot of difference.

8. What Is The Best R9 390 AMD Card To Date For Crossfire ?

9. CountMike New Member
    My definition of bottleneck with CPU > GPU > CPU would be when either CPU or GPU hit close to 100% usage and the other one much less. But (there's always but), some game engines favor CPU some GPU, rare are ones that put equal load on both.
    Benchmarks, unless are made for specific game engine and even specific game may be just a staring point for troubleshooting or to get a general idea how a specific game may work but are just fine to compare results on same computer while overclocking for instance. One requirement to get accurate results is to use same version of benchmarking program or results will not be accurate.

CountMike, Dec 14, 2016
  10. Well a few weeks back I tested out a HD7970 which was 384-Bit & I ran this on gta v for 5 hours doing the same thing as with gt 730 & all I got was smooth gameplay, no stuttering when players arrived in the room or left no stutter what so ever, I think the only thing that holds me back is the gpu GT 730 - GTA V give me a max of 80% for the first 5 mins then goes down to 50% from there on with a quick jump to 80% with either card GT 730 or HD 7970.
    I still get the R9 cards as have a new psu waiting for them & not bothered about changing the cpu.

By Feb the AMD CPU's will be out to thrash Intel on the correct generation to compare to the Intel - I personally think Intel users are threatned by the amd 2.0 generation being able to compete in the first place & now when amd match Intel they look like they will be thrashed again on the same generation of cpu's... proving once again that instead of rushing into production 3.0 boards which go faulty due to ic failure, amd did it right again...

11. CountMike New Member
    I'm hoping for Zen to maybe not "trash" Intel but to be at least very competitive in price/performance department. Until than, I'm keeping my FX 6350 at 4.8GHz. It's performing just fine for me although not playing any large games partly due to R7 260, 1GB GPU.

CountMike, Dec 14, 2016
  12. Yes my real reason for "Zen" is that should pull the price down of the FX-6350 & FX-8350 for me to buy *Wink

RoadBlaster, Dec 15, 2016
  13. CountMike New Member

If I was you I would save money for dual GPUs for later on when all the dust about Zen settles. Pricing for it is still not known and is questionable how much (if any) prices for older models my drop.
    Patience is still a virtue.

CountMike, Dec 15, 2016
  14. Well I plan to buy "A" gpu in Jan so might buy from Amazon so if it does not work properly it can be returned "no quibbles" gurantee.

RoadBlaster, Dec 15, 2016
  15. CountMike New Member
    Good plan, I believe you'll be satisfied enough with one of them.

CountMike, Dec 15, 2016
Thema:

1. What Is The Best R9 390 AMD Card To Date For Crossfire ? - Similar Threads - Best 390 AMD

2. R9 390 WINDOWS 11 PROBLEM !!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    R9 390 WINDOWS 11 PROBLEM !!!!!: I have an "AMD R9 390" video card and my computer has Windows 11 operating system, but I am having a driver problem. No matter which game I enter, I get the error "your video card driver is outdated". When I look at the AMD application, my video card seems to be up to date. I...
  3. R9 390 WINDOWS 11 PROBLEM !!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    R9 390 WINDOWS 11 PROBLEM !!!!!: I have an "AMD R9 390" video card and my computer has Windows 11 operating system, but I am having a driver problem. No matter which game I enter, I get the error "your video card driver is outdated". When I look at the AMD application, my video card seems to be up to date. I...
  4. AMD R9 285 issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD R9 285 issue: I put a computer together recently and bought a used Radeon R9 285. It was working fine for the first few days but all of a sudden it stopped working. The PSU is brand new. It works if I uninstall the drivers but as soon as I do install the drivers I get a black screen right...
  5. AMD, How to choose the card on which to run a game & on/off Crossfire

AMD, How to choose the card on which to run a game & on/off Crossfire: Hi everyone, I don't play often but lately I am making my nephew play. I have a Radeon R5 + a Radeon R6. On my pc I had installed the recommended version of the AMD software: Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2. But when I was launching a game I used 100% R6 and 5-15% R5....
  6. MSI R9 390 Driver Issues

MSI R9 390 Driver Issues: So about a couple weeks ago, my graphics card has been running into issues with games crashing once I join in them. It says: "A fatal error occurred in the graphics driver. Code:38 Result:'Device removed, Reason: DXGI_Error_Device_Hung:Graphics device stopped responding....
  7. R9 390 Not Performing Well On GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    R9 390 Not Performing Well On GTA V: Hi, I recently upgraded from a HD7790 to an MSI R9 390 8gb. Every single game has an obvious performance increase, except GTA V. For some reason my old HD7790 can run GTA V on higher settings than my R9 390. Clearly something is wrong, but I'm not sure what. My CPU is an AMD...
  8. Just replaced AMD 6870 with AMD R9 390 getting constant BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Just replaced AMD 6870 with AMD R9 390 getting constant BSODs: When I start some games, I get BSOD "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" and have to manually restart. Usually happens within 2 minutes of starting the game, often sooner. I've got all the recent drivers, Windows 10 home, X58 Pro-E (MS-7522) motherboard, AMD R9 390. It has freezing...
  9. AMD Radeon R9 380X

AMD Radeon R9 380X: (For those thinking of getting an upgrade for 1080p gaming this Christmas... *Smile ) AMD Radeon R9 380X review feat. Sapphire: The best graphics card for 1080p gaming, priced to fight AMD's Radeon R9 380X fills a gaping hole in the world of graphics cards, and it's...
  10. Best AMD R9 280X Display Driver for W10?

Best AMD R9 280X Display Driver for W10?: Hey guys. What is the best known functioning Windows 10 display driver for the ASUS AMD Radeon R9 280X 3GB graphics card? I tried to update to the latest available from the AMD drivers & support page and I keep constantly experiencing my display driver crashing. It just...