Windows 10: What is the best software to make image backups in Windows 11 to an external drive?

Discus and support What is the best software to make image backups in Windows 11 to an external drive? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don't want to mess with the VSS and SPP error on backing up in Win 11, so I want to purchase the best sorftware to do image backups to external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Steven Lanphear, Feb 1, 2023.

1. What is the best software to make image backups in Windows 11 to an external drive?

I don't want to mess with the VSS and SPP error on backing up in Win 11, so I want to purchase the best sorftware to do image backups to external drives.Can you recommend one?

:)

Steven Lanphear, Feb 1, 2023
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Feb 1, 2023
  3. JATownes Win User
    Hard Drive / External Drive + Backups Configuration?

Drive configuration is really a personal choice. I prefer RAID-0 for OS & Games, another drive for media, another drive for personal stuff (Docs, pr0n, etc.) and an external for backup.

IMO, Windows 7 has a great backup utility.

JATownes, Feb 1, 2023
  4. suraswami Win User

What is the best software to make image backups in Windows 11 to an external drive?

Anyone know of good Free Backup software?

As the title says I want a good Backup Software that will take a image of my system (Windows XP) and put it on my new E-Sata drive. If its less than $20 I am ok to buy it. Free is most welcome.

Any suggestions?

*Toast :toast:

suraswami, Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

What is the best software to make image backups in Windows 11 to an external drive?

1. What is the best software to make image backups in Windows 11 to an external drive? - Similar Threads - best software image

2. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  3. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  4. What is the best software to make image backups in Windows 11 to an external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best software to make image backups in Windows 11 to an external drive?: I don't want to mess with the VSS and SPP error on backing up in Win 11, so I want to purchase the best sorftware to do image backups to external drives.Can you recommend one?...
  5. What's the best way to make a backup of C drive Windows 10 installation and settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the best way to make a backup of C drive Windows 10 installation and settings?: I want to install some third party Windows 10 themes but I've heard that when there's a Windows update, it can make the Windows unusable. So, is there a foolproof way to backup C drive Windows 10 installation and settings so that in case of a problem, I can quickly just...
  6. Best Backup software for 2020

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Best Backup software for 2020: I need to install backup software on a windows 10 laptop and on a Windows 7 laptop The software needs to: 1. Backup to a usb external hdd 2. Automatically backup on a set schedule, once a week. 3. Delete old backups when space runs out on the hdd. Which software (or...
  7. what format for backup external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what format for backup external drive: what format for backup external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-format-for-backup-external-drive/5797e3a5-1f76-4363-ad9b-c7204832a04c"
  8. Imaging vs data backup software..is there a difference...which is best

Imaging vs data backup software..is there a difference...which is best: There is so much on the web regarding backup software and so many backup software that it gets a little confusing. What is the difference between imaging backups and data backups? I have my OS and all my programs on an SSD Drive(C) and all Data Files on a Data Drive (D)...
  9. Best image backup for Windows 10

Best image backup for Windows 10: What do people think is the best fastest full image backup for Windows 10, like Macrium or Paragon whatever, free or paid. Also being able to do an image to put on any PC or migrating to SSD etc. 2302
  10. What's the best way to image W10 partitions for backup?

What's the best way to image W10 partitions for backup?: Hi -- I am looking for a good imaging program that will back up individual partitions in W10 -- including the boot partition. Preferably it's free but doesn't have to be. I had previously tried Aomei Backupper with W8.1 but just had a lot of problems restoring from image...