Windows 10: What is the best version of Windows and IE for HP pavillion x360

Discus and support What is the best version of Windows and IE for HP pavillion x360 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 8.1 with Internet Explorer 11. I was upgraded to Windows 10 & don't know which IE it was using b/c Im just now learning all this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jennifer, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Jennifer Win User

What is the best version of Windows and IE for HP pavillion x360

I'm running Windows 8.1 with Internet Explorer 11. I was upgraded to Windows 10 & don't know which IE it was using b/c Im just now learning all this myself, I didnt even know you could choose etc. Long story but I had to do a factory reset. Now I would like to know info and people's opinions on what is the best combo for my device..or if i should leave it as it is at 8.1 w/IE 11. Also if I use windows 8.1, whats the best recommendation for IE...or just leave it.

:)

Jennifer, Dec 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 HDMI Sound Not Working

I do not use Intel WiDi but the sound does not pass through the cable connected HDMI interface to the TV on my HP Pavillion x360 running Windows 10 version 10.0.14393. There is no problem with the HDMI sound on my wife's older (by 2 years) HP Pavillion
    G6 running Windows 10 version 10.0.10586 and the same application. Not sure if the issue is hardware/driver or Windows version related.

Ed Beauchamp, Dec 3, 2016
  3. hazcat Win User
    My PC won't shut down after installing Windows 10

I have the exact same problem... on my HP Pavillion x360

hazcat, Dec 3, 2016
  4. Jennifer Win User

Also I did notice right before I finally decided to go back to the original settings and Windows...That all the updates since a certain point back had all failed.? No idea why. Everything before that and even the Windows 10 install were all successful. So i probably messed something up back then a few mo ago but now that I know a little more Im not worried. I just wanna know if Windows 10 is better than 8.1

Jennifer, Dec 3, 2016
  5. JBGoode Win User
    It's probably best to use the latest version of a browser and Internet Explorer 11 is the latest so you should be all set no matter which operating system you use. Windows 10 also has the new Edge browser (similar icon as IE) and is the one that Microsoft wants you to use, but the original Internet Explorer is buried in the Start Menu under Windows Accessories if you prefer to use that one. You can also download and use 3rd party browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

I think Windows 10 is better than 8 but that's just my opinion. I don't care for the tiled look of either of them to be honest and have downloaded Classic Shell to give mine a different look and a more usable start menu. For what it's worth, I upgraded my laptop from 8.1 to 10 last year and had a noticeable performance improvement.

JBGoode, Dec 3, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    And, in addition to what @JBGoode posted above - that might be a point causing confusion. The default browser that comes with Windows 10 is Edge. You have to go in settings and set Internet Explorer to be the default browser in Windows 10. So, it's possible, @Jennifer, that you actually never even used Internet Explorer in Windows 10 thinking that the default Edge browser was Internet Explorer.

Personally, if the computer will run Windows 10 with no hardware conflicts in Device Manger, then that is what I prefer to run on it.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What is the best version of Windows and IE for HP pavillion x360 - Similar Threads - best version pavillion

2. Touchpad doesn’t work on HP Pavillion x360 Convertible 14m-dw0xxx

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad doesn’t work on HP Pavillion x360 Convertible 14m-dw0xxx: For a few weeks now my I2C HID Device is showing an error 10 code. I’ve tried to update the driver and disable it, restart and enable it but these fixes were temporary and now don’t work anymore. My touchpad isn’t responsive at all....
  3. Touchpad doesn’t work on HP Pavillion x360 Convertible 14m-dw0xxx

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad doesn’t work on HP Pavillion x360 Convertible 14m-dw0xxx: For a few weeks now my I2C HID Device is showing an error 10 code. I’ve tried to update the driver and disable it, restart and enable it but these fixes were temporary and now don’t work anymore. My touchpad isn’t responsive at all....
  4. HP Pavillion x360 convertible - The airplane mode turns on and off automatically whenever...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavillion x360 convertible - The airplane mode turns on and off automatically whenever...: Hello,The airplane mode turns on and off automatically whenever the laptop is flipped into a tablet.I wanted to know what is the solution for this issue....
  5. HP Pavillion x360 convertible - The airplane mode turns on and off automatically whenever...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavillion x360 convertible - The airplane mode turns on and off automatically whenever...: Hello,The airplane mode turns on and off automatically whenever the laptop is flipped into a tablet.I wanted to know what is the solution for this issue....
  6. Best version of Windows 10 for HP Pavillion dv6.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best version of Windows 10 for HP Pavillion dv6.: I have an older pc which my mom currently uses. The model is HP Pavillion dv6 with 4 GB RAM and HDD. It currently runs windows 10 version 1903 and the apps that is used on the laptop is google drive sync, skype, zoom, ms office, Microsoft whiteboard, whatsapp, wechat and...
  7. $10 Prize - Drawing issue (HP Pavillion x360)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    $10 Prize - Drawing issue (HP Pavillion x360): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/WhiteMaze [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eup4fj/10_prize_drawing_issue_hp_pavillion_x360/
  8. HP Pavillion x360 reset to 8.1 instead of 10 / 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Pavillion x360 reset to 8.1 instead of 10 / 1809: I am disposing of this computer and wanted to do a reset with deletion of all of my personal info.. The reset worked, but instead of resetting with windows 10 / 1809 which was the op system prior to the reset it reset back to windows 8.1 which was the original system. (Not...
  9. HP Pavillion x360 Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Pavillion x360 Problems: Since getting my new laptop, I've encountered two really annoying problems with it that I can't find any solutions to: 1. Opening up folders causes immediate problems. The program will freeze and say Not Working, and it'll stay like that for a couple of minutes before the...
  10. HP Pavillion Troubles

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Pavillion Troubles: Last night my laptop worked perfectly fine. I turned it on when I arrived at home today only to have the Start menu not work, Cortona doesn't work either, my pins to taskbar do not show, as well as the right hand icons (sound, network, etc.) Any suggestions?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whats the best browser for hp pavilion x360