Windows 10: What is the best way to access another drive with another windows?

Discus and support What is the best way to access another drive with another windows? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an HDD with windows 10 and just got an SSD with a fresh w10 install. Normally I would reboot to choose which drive to load from. Then move it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dusty.pants, Feb 12, 2020.

1. What is the best way to access another drive with another windows?

I have an HDD with windows 10 and just got an SSD with a fresh w10 install.

Normally I would reboot to choose which drive to load from. Then move it from Documents to public so I can transfer it.

Is there a better way for me to retrieve data from the HDD and move it to the SSD?

It is the same account for both drives, just two disks with w10.

:)

Dusty.pants, Feb 12, 2020
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. little cat, Feb 12, 2020
  4. DannibusX Win User

What is the best way to access another drive with another windows?

Accessing a Hard Drive...

...from a dead laptop.

My girlfriend's laptop recently s**t the bed, and she has a lot of photos she would like to retrieve from it. I used a USB to IDE cable to try, but it's a no go. Her drive has Windows XP Home on it, and my system has Win7 x64. The computer recognizes the drive, but it wants me to initialize it, which I think may format it.

I don't know if it's formatted FAT32 or NTFS. Are there any suggestions on accessing the drive to pull all this data off of it?

DannibusX, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

What is the best way to access another drive with another windows?

1. What is the best way to access another drive with another windows? - Similar Threads - best access another

2. Restrict another admin from accessing a drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restrict another admin from accessing a drive: Hi, I need to hide my drive D from another administrator on my PC, so they can't open it.I think it's done from the permissions settings, but I don't wanna mess anything up. Can anyone provide me with a step-by-step tutorial? Thank youI'm using Windows 10 pro - 21H2...
  3. Restrict another admin from accessing a drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restrict another admin from accessing a drive: Hi, I need to hide my drive D from another administrator on my PC, so they can't open it.I think it's done from the permissions settings, but I don't wanna mess anything up. Can anyone provide me with a step-by-step tutorial? Thank youI'm using Windows 10 pro - 21H2...
  4. The best way to move a big folder with many subfolders into another folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The best way to move a big folder with many subfolders into another folder?: Problem: I have few folder (eleven), each with several subfolders containing thousands of files. 100-300GB each. I would like to move all those folders, maintaining the structure, into a folder called "Old". How is the best way to do that, both for internal and external...
  5. Is there a way to access user files from another drive on the same PC?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a way to access user files from another drive on the same PC?: Hello not sure if anyone can help. I recently had a free trial from Avast to do a disk cleanup and so I did which ended up bricking my PC and being stuck on the scanning disk for errors loop. After trying different methods all day, I decided to put in a new hard drive and...
  6. Best way to move content from one W10 user to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to move content from one W10 user to another?: I have a W10 user that I've used for a long time, and I want to move its content to another user on the same PC. Is there some kind of software or something to make this process easier and less time consuming? The reason I want to do it is because the old user has a name...
  7. uninstall is there another way

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uninstall is there another way: Why cant i uninstall this[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-is-there-another-way/63a97353-efb4-4ce0-9757-75bc5b51e67f
  8. Getting Access to another network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting Access to another network drive: I have four computers on my network. I store all my files on one of the computers and the other three were able to access that computer whenever they needed to. I just replaced Verizon with Comcast but after they left I realized that I could no longer access the computer...
  9. What is the proper way to transfer the system from one drive to another?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the proper way to transfer the system from one drive to another?: I would like to put a larger hard drive on my laptop. What is the proper way to transfer the system from one drive to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/1171250e-61fe-469d-8daa-71d66371b165
  10. Best way to Transfer Win 10 1709 disk to another box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to Transfer Win 10 1709 disk to another box: Hi, I have been having update and other problems with 10 and even with all the great Ten Forum help, Win will not update. I would like to explore the possibility of moving the o/s disk into another box I have as I believe the problem is not with Win itself but with the...