Windows 10: What is the best way to copy a windows profile on the same computer? Same user - new domain.

Discus and support What is the best way to copy a windows profile on the same computer? Same user - new domain. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We are about to change our windows domain. We'd like to leave their user profile identical. Is it anything more than just joining that PC under the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by boe_d, Mar 18, 2023.

1. boe_d Win User

What is the best way to copy a windows profile on the same computer? Same user - new domain.

We are about to change our windows domain. We'd like to leave their user profile identical. Is it anything more than just joining that PC under the new domain? I'm concerned about computers with multiple user profiles.

:)

boe_d, Mar 18, 2023
  2. boe_d Win User

What is the best way to copy a windows profile on the same computer? Same user - new domain.

We are about to change our windows domain. We'd like to leave their user profile identical. Is it anything more than just joining that PC under the new domain? I'm concerned about computers with multiple user profiles.

boe_d, Mar 19, 2023
  3. How to merge user profiles after joining new domain

We are in the process of moving to a new domain. In the new domain we will have new user names.

How can I merge the old profile with the new one? Preferably through a script as we need to move 2000+ computers from the old domain to the new one.

The "copy to" option in the user profile settings is grayed out for all profile except for "Default Profile".

Best regards,

Allistair

AllistairBlonk, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Rose Ter Win User

migrate user profile

Hi Adeel,

For us to better understand the problem and provide you the best resolution, please clarify the following:

• What do you mean when you mentioned domain user profile?
    • Are you trying to copy a local user profile to a domain account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

1. What is the best way to copy a windows profile on the same computer? Same user - new domain. - Similar Threads - best copy profile

2. Windows doesn't allow me to copy a user profile to another one in the same computer, how do...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows doesn't allow me to copy a user profile to another one in the same computer, how do...: I've first reached the Xbox support about getting the error message "0x800704cf" from one of theirs game launcher whenever I would try to log in with one of my accounts. They did everything they could to help me, allow all multiplayer settings, disable and enable all...
  3. What is the best way to copy a windows profile on the same computer? Same user - new domain.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best way to copy a windows profile on the same computer? Same user - new domain.: We are about to change our windows domain. We'd like to leave their user profile identical. Is it anything more than just joining that PC under the new domain? I'm concerned about computers with multiple user profiles....
  4. What is the best way to copy a windows profile on the same computer? Same user - new domain.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best way to copy a windows profile on the same computer? Same user - new domain.: We are about to change our windows domain. We'd like to leave their user profile identical. Is it anything more than just joining that PC under the new domain? I'm concerned about computers with multiple user profiles....
  5. How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?: When I bought a new PC a few years ago I set up the user profile under my Microsoft account. Then covid happened and my son ended up relying on it for school. So everything on that user profile is now all his settings. Now that I am needing to start using the PC, I don’t want...
  6. How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?

How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?: When I bought a new PC a few years ago I set up the user profile under my Microsoft account. Then covid happened and my son ended up relying on it for school. So everything on that user profile is now all his settings. Now that I am needing to start using the PC, I don’t want...
  7. How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. What's the best way to have two separate drive spaces on the same HDD for two users?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the best way to have two separate drive spaces on the same HDD for two users?: I've got a 2TB HDD (additional storage, not the main SSD where the windows install is) - an admin user and a standard user. I want the admin obv to have access to everything, but the standard user to have their own storage on a portion of the additional HDD but not to be able...
  9. StartIsBack / Same configuration for all users profiles ?

StartIsBack / Same configuration for all users profiles ?: Hi I want setup StartIsBack on a domain environnent. So, i've import the group policy template. Unfortunatly, not all options (at all...) are available. Is there a proper way to have the same configuration for all users profiles using the gui configuration interface...
  10. StartIsBack / Same configuration for all users profiles ?

in Windows 10 Support
    StartIsBack / Same configuration for all users profiles ?: Hi I want setup StartIsBack on a domain environnent. So, i've import the group policy template. Unfortunatly, not all options (at all...) are available. Is there a proper way to have the same configuration for all users profiles using the gui configuration interface...