Windows 10: What is the best way to get a print out of the contents of a Windows directory (file folder)?

Discus and support What is the best way to get a print out of the contents of a Windows directory (file folder)? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The only way I know to get a hardcopy of the files in a folder is to take successive Snips, put them into Word and print them out. Is there a better... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LaurelS., Jan 16, 2019.

1. LaurelS. Win User

What is the best way to get a print out of the contents of a Windows directory (file folder)?

The only way I know to get a hardcopy of the files in a folder is to take successive Snips, put them into Word and print them out. Is there a better way?

tia

las

:)

LaurelS., Jan 16, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Print Directory option in Windows 10

Tina,

I clicked "Me Too" on this one. Here is what I have found so far:

1. The command line method *does* work, but it's clumsy and awkward compared to KB 321379.

2. 'Directory List & Print' is a decent freeware. Used with its 'Copy to Clipboard' option, it's really not bad. I may actuallt send Infonautics the $20 if it works out well. I wish I could use it right from File Explorer, though.

How To Print Folder And Directory Contents In Windows.

2a. I am able to keep the 'Directory List & Print' link on my Start menu using 'Classic Shell' Windows Start button upgrade, which was so useful on Windows 8.1 that I *did* send them their suggested donation.

http://www.classicshell.net/

Here are some other links in my research.

For now, the winner is 'Directory List & Print', launched from 'Classic Shell'.

Hope this is helps.

All the best,

Rick

How to print list of files in folder in Windows 8

http://www.howtogeek.com/98064/how-to-print-or-save-a-directory-listing-to-a-file/

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-ways-to-print-folder-and-directory-contents-in-windows/

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/print-list-of-files-in-directory/

RickStockton, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

What is the best way to get a print out of the contents of a Windows directory (file folder)?

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

1. What is the best way to get a print out of the contents of a Windows directory (file folder)? - Similar Threads - best print contents

2. What’s the best uninstaller out there

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s the best uninstaller out there: What’s the best uninstaller out there that is free and won’t leave any files behind? submitted by /u/Mikeyyyy27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikszyo/whats_the_best_uninstaller_out_there/
  3. Looking for the best way to seach inside files content

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for the best way to seach inside files content: which 3rd party software can do it the best way? "Everything" app is search forever and halt. 162441
  4. whats the best cleaner out there?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    whats the best cleaner out there?: submitted by /u/Fazlul101 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/frs1q1/whats_the_best_cleaner_out_there/
  5. Duplicate File Directories & Their Contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate File Directories & Their Contents: I just noticed that several directories in my documents folder have been duplicated exactly including the contents. I have tried to delete these duplicate directories but then my shortcuts no longer work. The backup that I made just 2 days ago does not have these duplicates....
  6. Best way to migrate content and settings to a new system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to migrate content and settings to a new system: I've searched for a solution with little luck. We have an older PC on which my daughter has an account, content and preferences. I'm passing on my system and plan to install Windows 10 clean, then want to migrate her account to the computer. I've found some paid solutions,...
  7. Print content of files in a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Print content of files in a folder: I'm looking for a way to print the content of files (not a list of the files) that I have placed in a folder that I created, without opening each file individually....
  8. What's the best way to transer all my files/folders*** to a new laptop? Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What's the best way to transer all my files/folders*** to a new laptop? Win10: I bought this laptop at the end of December 2015 but I can't help but feel that it's struggling to cope - so I've ordered a new one. This is an HP with AMD drivers - AMD are very poor in my experience with driver updates. The new one is a Lenovo Legion Y520 Laptop, Intel Core...
  9. Whats the best way to backup my files?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Whats the best way to backup my files?: Along with my nice new shiny laptop with Windows 10 on it, I have a Western Digital My Passport Ultra drive with 2TB of space. What is the best way to backup all my files - should I use the WD Backup software or does Windows 10 have a backup solution built in that I can...
  10. Moving Windows folder to a partition + best way to get a System or DDR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows folder to a partition + best way to get a System or DDR: Dear all: I made a clean install of Win 10 on a Dell laptop and I it is untouched after finishing the upgrade. The 1GB DDR already has 3 partitions: OEM Partition................................39MB RECOVERY partition....................12.5GB...