Windows 10: What is the best way to move all of my Google Photos over to OneDrive?

Discus and support What is the best way to move all of my Google Photos over to OneDrive? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently got Office 365 and I want to use the cloud storage. So ive been trying to transfer with the Manage Archives part of Google Drive but it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RamsonGomes, Oct 28, 2019.

1. What is the best way to move all of my Google Photos over to OneDrive?

I recently got Office 365 and I want to use the cloud storage. So ive been trying to transfer with the Manage Archives part of Google Drive but it keeps giving me an error when I select it to go right to OneDrive.

So I tried downloading all the photos and then uploading but its about 200gb of photos and its way too much to upload quickly.

Is there a third-party application or website I could be using to do this better?

:)

RamsonGomes, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Whatsapp photos do not sync with OneDrive

Hi Luddy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums,

You may try adding the photos manually by using the Upload tool of the OneDrive app. Please follow the steps mentioned in the article below.

Upload files or photos to OneDrive in Android

We we do have a dedicated support forum for OneDrive related issues, I suggest to get in touch with OneDrive Support team, where we have the professionals well equipped with the knowledge on this subject. Please follow the steps given below.

• Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser.
    • Click the '?' help icon on the top banner of the page and select
      Email OneDrive support.
    • Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

For additional help, please refer to the following article.

OneDrive Help Center

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 28, 2019
  4. What is the best way to move all of my Google Photos over to OneDrive?

Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

Hi Jdmuratore,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. Were you able to see the Google photos folder in the File Explorer Pictures Library previously?
    2. Have you enabled the Sync feature in the Google Drive app?
    3. Are you able see the photos in the path under "C:\Users\,username>\Google Drive\Google Photos?

However, let us follow these methods to check if that works.

Method 1: Suggest you to Index the Google Drive folder and check if that helps. Refer to the suggestion provided by ‘Marc Cai’ from this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_cortana/windows-10-search-does-not-show-google-drive/c1560c83-0e77-4387-8ac0-d3e945729c16

Method 2: Suggest you to refer to the steps from this Google article to see if that helps.
    See photos & videos with Google Photos & Google Drive:
    https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6156103?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=0

Alternatively, you may also contact
    Google support
    for further help.

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

What is the best way to move all of my Google Photos over to OneDrive?

1. What is the best way to move all of my Google Photos over to OneDrive? - Similar Threads - best move Google

2. What Would Be The Best Way To Do This?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What Would Be The Best Way To Do This?: I have an Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG and I am wanting to do a completely new Windows 10 install, swapping/upgrading my OS hard drive to a brand new SSD... and I want to make sure there is a hidden recovery partition after new Windows install. I was told to use Windows 10...
  3. Accidentally moved all my files to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally moved all my files to OneDrive: After a buggy Windows update last month, my OS deleted itself. I had to reinstall Windows via USB and accepted OneDrive backup on setup. I didn't realize this would upload nearly all of my personal files to OneDrive. As I was trying to unlink my documents and pictures folders...
  4. What's The Best Way To Clear Google Chrome Cache

in Browsers and Email
    What's The Best Way To Clear Google Chrome Cache: Hello, I am wondering if anyone can link me to a webpage which shows the best way to clear the Google Chrome cache, and only the cache. I want to keep my search history & all other data. The reason why I want to try to clear up all the cache is because Google Chrome is...
  5. what is the best photo organizer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what is the best photo organizer: am looking software to organize my photos, any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-photo-organizer/7f548d7a-aa9c-4907-89ff-a81406b55b6a"
  6. What Is Best Way To Obtain 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What Is Best Way To Obtain 1903: I noticed that Win10 1903 is now available for download and would like to update my desktop. I am in no hurry but my question is do I need to go ahead and download it myself or should I just wait for the update to be sent from Microsoft to my computer. I have been reading the...
  7. What's the best way to transer all my files/folders*** to a new laptop? Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What's the best way to transer all my files/folders*** to a new laptop? Win10: I bought this laptop at the end of December 2015 but I can't help but feel that it's struggling to cope - so I've ordered a new one. This is an HP with AMD drivers - AMD are very poor in my experience with driver updates. The new one is a Lenovo Legion Y520 Laptop, Intel Core...
  8. Best, easiest and safest way to start over

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Best, easiest and safest way to start over: It may be worth waiting a week until the new spring update is out as ISO so you install the latest version thus saving massive update
  9. Whats the best way to backup my files?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Whats the best way to backup my files?: Along with my nice new shiny laptop with Windows 10 on it, I have a Western Digital My Passport Ultra drive with 2TB of space. What is the best way to backup all my files - should I use the WD Backup software or does Windows 10 have a backup solution built in that I can...
  10. all new way to view, manage, and share photos in OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    all new way to view, manage, and share photos in OneDrive: This has been a busy and exciting time for all of us on the OneDrive team. Last week, we unveiled more features coming with Windows 10 including how you can use Cortana to search your OneDrive, how you will be able to have your music available through Xbox Music, and how...