Windows 10: What is the best way to move all of my Google Photos over to OneDrive?

Discus and support What is the best way to move all of my Google Photos over to OneDrive? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently got Office 365 and I want to use the cloud storage. So ive been trying to transfer with the Manage Archives part of Google Drive but it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RamsonGomes, Oct 28, 2019.

1. What is the best way to move all of my Google Photos over to OneDrive?

I recently got Office 365 and I want to use the cloud storage. So ive been trying to transfer with the Manage Archives part of Google Drive but it keeps giving me an error when I select it to go right to OneDrive.

So I tried downloading all the photos and then uploading but its about 200gb of photos and its way too much to upload quickly.

Is there a third-party application or website I could be using to do this better?

:)

RamsonGomes, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Whatsapp photos do not sync with OneDrive

Hi Luddy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums,

You may try adding the photos manually by using the Upload tool of the OneDrive app. Please follow the steps mentioned in the article below.

Upload files or photos to OneDrive in Android

We we do have a dedicated support forum for OneDrive related issues, I suggest to get in touch with OneDrive Support team, where we have the professionals well equipped with the knowledge on this subject. Please follow the steps given below.

• Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser.
    • Click the '?' help icon on the top banner of the page and select
      Email OneDrive support.
    • Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

For additional help, please refer to the following article.

OneDrive Help Center

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 28, 2019
  4. What is the best way to move all of my Google Photos over to OneDrive?

Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

Hi Jdmuratore,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. Were you able to see the Google photos folder in the File Explorer Pictures Library previously?
    2. Have you enabled the Sync feature in the Google Drive app?
    3. Are you able see the photos in the path under "C:\Users\,username>\Google Drive\Google Photos?

However, let us follow these methods to check if that works.

Method 1: Suggest you to Index the Google Drive folder and check if that helps. Refer to the suggestion provided by ‘Marc Cai’ from this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_cortana/windows-10-search-does-not-show-google-drive/c1560c83-0e77-4387-8ac0-d3e945729c16

Method 2: Suggest you to refer to the steps from this Google article to see if that helps.
    See photos & videos with Google Photos & Google Drive:
    https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6156103?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=0

Alternatively, you may also contact
    Google support
    for further help.

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

What is the best way to move all of my Google Photos over to OneDrive?

1. What is the best way to move all of my Google Photos over to OneDrive? - Similar Threads - best move Google

2. What is the best way to transfer my iPhone photos to my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best way to transfer my iPhone photos to my laptop?: What is the best way to transfer my iPhone photos to my laptop which is running Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-way-to-transfer-my-iphone-photos/21e232f9-946f-42df-9056-ce211c4e466e
  3. What is the best way to transfer my iPhone photos to my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best way to transfer my iPhone photos to my laptop?: What is the best way to transfer my iPhone photos to my laptop which is running Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-way-to-transfer-my-iphone-photos/21e232f9-946f-42df-9056-ce211c4e466e
  4. Question: What’s the easiest way to move iCloud Photos and all Box Drive data to OneDrive?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question: What’s the easiest way to move iCloud Photos and all Box Drive data to OneDrive?...: I’ll have at least 100GB of space on my Microsoft 365 Personal plan left after I move about 113GB of data I have on iCloud Photos and all of Box Drive, allowing me to go back down to $0.99 per month for 50GB of iCloud and keep my 50 GB of free Box Drive storage not over 250...
  5. Question: What’s the easiest way to move iCloud Photos and all Box Drive data to OneDrive?...

Question: What’s the easiest way to move iCloud Photos and all Box Drive data to OneDrive?...: I’ll have at least 100GB of space on my Microsoft 365 Personal plan left after I move about 113GB of data I have on iCloud Photos and all of Box Drive, allowing me to go back down to $0.99 per month for 50GB of iCloud and keep my 50 GB of free Box Drive storage not over 250...
  6. What is the best way to move files & photos from One Drive?

What is the best way to move files & photos from One Drive?: Hello,I need guidance in following matter.What is the best way to move files & photos from One Drive? Will appreciate step by step instructions of the procedure. I will be doing this process on mobile phone & not on a computer or a laptop.I have tried creating a link for...
  7. What is the best way to move files & photos from One Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best way to move files & photos from One Drive?: Hello,I need guidance in following matter.What is the best way to move files & photos from One Drive? Will appreciate step by step instructions of the procedure. I will be doing this process on mobile phone & not on a computer or a laptop.I have tried creating a link for...
  8. Starting Over - Guidance Request: What's the best way to prepare?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Starting Over - Guidance Request: What's the best way to prepare?: What's the best way to prepare for "starting over" with a fresh install of Win 10 Pro? I'm not talking about the steps to reset, refresh, etc. Rather, I'm looking for guidance on how I can get back to normal the fastest. Consider... I have a home LAN with IOT devices, IP...
  9. What's the best way to backup OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What's the best way to backup OneDrive?: I am liking OneDrive a lot, and I love the whole aspect of only downloading what I need to any device when I need it. Saves lots of storage on my laptops, but I have access to everything I need. That said, I don't like the idea of OneDrive being the only place where all of...
  10. What's The Best Way To Clear Google Chrome Cache

in Browsers and Email
    What's The Best Way To Clear Google Chrome Cache: Hello, I am wondering if anyone can link me to a webpage which shows the best way to clear the Google Chrome cache, and only the cache. I want to keep my search history & all other data. The reason why I want to try to clear up all the cache is because Google Chrome is...