Windows 10: What is the best way to organize and maintain the sidebar?

Discus and support What is the best way to organize and maintain the sidebar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I've been taking some time today to declutter and reorganize some things starting with the sidebar. Within ten minutes I was exasperated, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Oleg6, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Oleg6 Win User

What is the best way to organize and maintain the sidebar?

Hi, I've been taking some time today to declutter and reorganize some things starting with the sidebar. Within ten minutes I was exasperated, I remember the last time when I first got W10 how fruitless all the effort was. Look at this.

What is the best way to organize and maintain the sidebar? [​IMG]

Appart from the ridiculous order of things (I mean who would list hard drives and usb ports between navigation the Icons "This PC, Libraries and Network, Control Panel"?) You can't move most of them or delete a lot of them. Now if I open up This PC, I get a duplicate list within a list, two of everything, Libraries duplicates another list. If I open Chris, I get things like .Hard Disc Manager 16 Basic .QtWebEngineProcess, a folder name ansel, AppData, dupes of Onedrive I don't even use it but I do have two. I shut down Quick Access after a week, maybe I should have closed the desktop and tried to use Quick Access. How do you stand the stacked up redundancy, every friggin icon listed twice? What a mess! < (only one, not a rant)Has anyone come up with a simple way to delete the seconds? To reorder? Stash them under a heading and never open it again. I can't find one heading that will let me empty it and repopulate it with the shortcuts I want. If someone has even a partial solution, something reasonably workable I'd love to hear it.Thanks in advance.

:)

Oleg6, Feb 13, 2019

2. cant get rid of windows sidebar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The sidebar is the inbuilt feature of Windows 10 and it cannot be removed, however please use the feedback app to provide us your valuable suggestion.

Steps to go to feedback app:

• Go to search tab
    • Type Windows feedback
    • Click the App
    Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Vista sidebar gadgets for overclockers?

Yeah I know where it's supposed to be but for some reason it's not there now...

Someone mentioned Everest having a sidebar feature, and I found it in the options... looks like it has a good amount of readings you can select for it to display, but even when I check "show sidebar" or whatever the box is, it doesn't show up or list it in my gadgets list...

steiner666, Feb 13, 2019
  4. What is the best way to organize and maintain the sidebar?

Sidebar in Messaging app, while in portrait mode?

In Messaging (Windows 10 Mobile, current version), while typing/reading a message (not list of conversations, but while within a conversation listing), there's a sidebar with my current/recent conversations while in landscape mode (ONLY in landscape mode),
    so it's a bit easier to bounce between different conversations. To me though, the keyboard is so much in the way that I don't like landscape mode, except for the sidebar.

I think I know the answer ("no"), but is there perhaps a way to see the sidebar when in portrait mode in messaging? Or put it across the top?

johnqflorida, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

What is the best way to organize and maintain the sidebar?

1. What is the best way to organize and maintain the sidebar? - Similar Threads - best organize maintain

2. What is the best way to organize photos using one drive with and external hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best way to organize photos using one drive with and external hard drive backup: I have thousands of pictures from around the world in different file formats. I currently have pictures on several external hard drives and computers and I want to get them all organized. my current plan is to transfer all pictures from all computers and external hard drives...
  3. What is the best way to organize photos using one drive with and external hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best way to organize photos using one drive with and external hard drive backup: I have thousands of pictures from around the world in different file formats. I currently have pictures on several external hard drives and computers and I want to get them all organized. my current plan is to transfer all pictures from all computers and external hard drives...
  4. What is the best way to organize photos using one drive with and external hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. What is the best way to backup my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the best way to backup my computer?: best way to make backup of whole system all programs, windows and etc and plz explain the following 1. File history2. Recovery driveif something happens like my boot drive fails then what to do*original title: backup...
  6. Best way to maintain DV7 drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Best way to maintain DV7 drivers: having problems maintaining DV7 drivers for the onboard camera on windows 10 os. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-way-to-maintain-dv7-drivers/259e7cb9-fe3c-45cc-8d69-bb23dd54553e
  7. What's the best way to backup OneDrive?

What's the best way to backup OneDrive?: I am liking OneDrive a lot, and I love the whole aspect of only downloading what I need to any device when I need it. Saves lots of storage on my laptops, but I have access to everything I need. That said, I don't like the idea of OneDrive being the only place where all of...
  8. What Would Be The Best Way To Do This?

What Would Be The Best Way To Do This?: I have an Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG and I am wanting to do a completely new Windows 10 install, swapping/upgrading my OS hard drive to a brand new SSD... and I want to make sure there is a hidden recovery partition after new Windows install. I was told to use Windows 10...
  9. what is the best photo organizer

what is the best photo organizer: am looking software to organize my photos, any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-photo-organizer/7f548d7a-aa9c-4907-89ff-a81406b55b6a"
  10. What Is Best Way To Obtain 1903

What Is Best Way To Obtain 1903: I noticed that Win10 1903 is now available for download and would like to update my desktop. I am in no hurry but my question is do I need to go ahead and download it myself or should I just wait for the update to be sent from Microsoft to my computer. I have been reading the...