Windows 10: What is the best way to remove a local profile from a Windows 10 PC without editing the...

Discus and support What is the best way to remove a local profile from a Windows 10 PC without editing the... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Admin privileges and would like to reduce the number of local profiles for a shared PC at a front desk, but so far the only solution I've found... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by cameramn4, Sep 24, 2018.

1. cameramn4 Win User

What is the best way to remove a local profile from a Windows 10 PC without editing the...

I have Admin privileges and would like to reduce the number of local profiles for a shared PC at a front desk, but so far the only solution I've found refers to deleting entries in the corresponding Windows Registry. Some have suggested Computer Management. In Windows 7, it may be under User Accounts.

:)

cameramn4, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

3. New Local Account Not Working In Windows 10

Hi Scott,

This issue could have happened due to corrupted profile on your Windows 10. We suggest that you delete the non-working profile on your PC and try to register it again.

To delete your non-working account, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the *Start menu**. It's the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Family & other users.

• Click on the account you wish to remove.

• Click on the remove button.

• Click on the Delete account and data button.

We also suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

What is the best way to remove a local profile from a Windows 10 PC without editing the...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

1. What is the best way to remove a local profile from a Windows 10 PC without editing the... - Similar Threads - best remove local

2. What is the best way of installing drivers for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best way of installing drivers for windows 10: I'm confused. How do I actually install drivers in Windows 10? Does windows install them automatically for me? Or should I go to my manufacturer website and download drivers from them and disable device installation service?...
  3. What is the best way of installing drivers for windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the best way of installing drivers for windows 10: I'm confused. How do I actually install drivers in Windows 10? Does windows install them automatically for me? Or should I go to my manufacturer website and download drivers from them and disable device installation service?...
  4. What's the Best Way to Manage Fonts on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's the Best Way to Manage Fonts on Windows 10?: In prepping for my imminent switch from Macs to PC, I've been reading/watching information of the default method for installing fonts. Is this the way most people use? What about large numbers of fonts ( a mix of downloads and commercial foundry, mostly TTF). What's the best...
  5. Is there a way to edit local group policy from cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to edit local group policy from cmd: I tried editing the local group policy from gui , now i trying to automate using a script . submitted by /u/the_oddsaint [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ldciap/is_there_a_way_to_edit_local_group_policy_from_cmd/
  6. What is the best way to backup Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the best way to backup Windows 10?: want to back up my information which would be the best option to perform this action correctly? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-way-to-backup-windows-10/8b1960d1-df2a-4468-a139-835916a4f707
  7. Removing an account from a profile without losing data on that profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing an account from a profile without losing data on that profile: Hi, I recently reopened this account to try to give the profile rights to another account of mine. After that, I was going to have this account deleted. Currently, the only thing I can do is give admin privilages to the new account. My question is: How do I get a profile...
  8. Best way to remove trialware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best way to remove trialware?: Hello ALL: We have a new Windows 10 Pro Laptop to be delivered Friday. It is a 17" HP and know it comes with Office trialware along with AV trialware. We own Office 2016 Pro and want to use it, but I want to just remove all of the junque that it comes with. Should I use...
  9. What's the best way to feedback on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's the best way to feedback on Windows 10?: I would like to recommend that MS stop f***ing around with the Control Panel. - If you want to add a new item, fine. But don't remove the old one because then we have to work to learn to find the new one as we waste valuable time. - If you want to add a new menu, maybe not...
  10. Whats the best way to install WIn 10 on a new PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Whats the best way to install WIn 10 on a new PC?: I was looking around and it seems very confused. Because it's a new PC it needs the cheaper OEM software, but this seems to be only supplied on disc. Rather odd considering many builds don't even have a disc player now. I see I can just download the source to create an...