Windows 10: What is the best way to sync files between computers on Windows 10?

Discus and support What is the best way to sync files between computers on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm a college student and I'd ideally like to be able to work on an Adobe Illustrator file on my laptop while not home, and resume progress from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Technical_Context, Nov 24, 2019.

1. What is the best way to sync files between computers on Windows 10?

I'm a college student and I'd ideally like to be able to work on an Adobe Illustrator file on my laptop while not home, and resume progress from my desktop once at home, in the quickest way possible. I'm not sure what the best way to do this is.

submitted by /u/Technical_Context
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Technical_Context, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 24, 2019
  3. vivitree Win User
    My iPhone can't sync the contacts to Mac

have you tried importing the contacts form the phone to google contacts then syncing then exporting them from there to a file on the computer then importing that into the address book
    or you can also go through the info page in itunes for your phone and sync contacts from the phone to the computer that way by checking the box that says sync contact to then select address book
    There is a step by step instruction on How to transfer iPhone contacts to my iMac. Hope it can do you a favor.

vivitree, Nov 24, 2019
  4. rss81 Win User

What is the best way to sync files between computers on Windows 10?

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

What is the best way to sync files between computers on Windows 10?

1. What is the best way to sync files between computers on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - best sync files

2. What is the best way to share drives/folders between 5 at-home computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best way to share drives/folders between 5 at-home computers?: I really struggle with MS Sharing. I have upgraded some machines to 11, and want to know the best method for sharing. These are the computers and roles:ALPHA: NAS and Media server. Has 2 shared drives that contain media files. Want this to be easily access for other computers...
  3. What is the best way to share drives/folders between 5 at-home computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best way to share drives/folders between 5 at-home computers?: I really struggle with MS Sharing. I have upgraded some machines to 11, and want to know the best method for sharing. These are the computers and roles:ALPHA: NAS and Media server. Has 2 shared drives that contain media files. Want this to be easily access for other computers...
  4. What is the best way to share drives/folders between 5 at-home computers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. What is the best way to backup my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the best way to backup my computer?: best way to make backup of whole system all programs, windows and etc and plz explain the following 1. File history2. Recovery driveif something happens like my boot drive fails then what to do*original title: backup...
  6. Best Way to Sync Save Games Between Desktop & Laptop PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best Way to Sync Save Games Between Desktop & Laptop PC: Sometimes my saved games mess up if i play say Euro Truck Simulator 2 on Desktop one week, then next week play it a bit on Desktop, and then when i play it on Desktop again, the profile/saved games are messed up. Should i just uninstall the same games on Laptop, and just...
  7. What is the best way to backup Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the best way to backup Windows 10?: want to back up my information which would be the best option to perform this action correctly? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-way-to-backup-windows-10/8b1960d1-df2a-4468-a139-835916a4f707
  8. Is there a way to sync configurations between computers?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to sync configurations between computers?: Hello, Ihave a laptop and desktop machines running windows 10 I regularly use. As I work I tend to configure more and more stuff (keyboard shortcuts, word autocomplete, default signatures, etc.). Is there a way to sync these settings through the computers? I should...
  9. Whats the best way to backup my files?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Whats the best way to backup my files?: Along with my nice new shiny laptop with Windows 10 on it, I have a Western Digital My Passport Ultra drive with 2TB of space. What is the best way to backup all my files - should I use the WD Backup software or does Windows 10 have a backup solution built in that I can...
  10. What's the best way to feedback on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's the best way to feedback on Windows 10?: I would like to recommend that MS stop f***ing around with the Control Panel. - If you want to add a new item, fine. But don't remove the old one because then we have to work to learn to find the new one as we waste valuable time. - If you want to add a new menu, maybe not...