Windows 10: What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer

Discus and support What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a new computer with WIndows 11 installed. The C: drive is an SSD. I copied all main files and folders from an HHD on another computer. All of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CLAUDE DRACOLAKIS, Jan 29, 2023.

1. What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer

I have a new computer with WIndows 11 installed. The C: drive is an SSD. I copied all main files and folders from an HHD on another computer. All of a sudden I notice that the C; drive shows as c: c: in file explorer. What does that mean and how di I correct it to show c: only.

:)

CLAUDE DRACOLAKIS, Jan 29, 2023
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jan 29, 2023
  3. C Drive icon disapear?

There might be an autorun.ini on C. Otherwise it's under folder options > file types in your explorer.

DanTheBanjoman, Jan 29, 2023
  4. LTK
    LTK Win User

What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer

Mysterious c:\mount folder on my SSD

I came looking for information here because I just discovered a C:\Mount folder on my own Intel SSD. It's about one gig in size, and most of that is from copies from files in C:\Windows. Attempting to access any of the files results in "The file cannot be accessed by the system" being displayed. The folder also contains a 'sources' folder, which is the only thing that's not a copy of another C:\ folder.

I haven't used any kind of mounting software in the time before that. Renaming the folder doesn't cause it to be recreated, and doesn't really have any effect.

What's weirder, the folder's 'Date Modified' shows a date in 2009, same date as the PerfLogs folder. I didn't even own this SSD back then, and I'm sure that Mount folder wasn't here a few weeks ago.

Does this provide any more clues to what this might be?

Thema:

What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer

1. What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer - Similar Threads - folder shows File

2. What is C:\$Extend folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is C:\$Extend folder: Hello, i just buy a laptop, but the C Storage Size is big because of that folder i havent install anything yet, it is safe to delete that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-cextend-folder/92e4a163-8244-405c-806b-8e2b6948df59
  3. What is C:\$Extend folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is C:\$Extend folder: Hello, i just buy a laptop, but the C Storage Size is big because of that folder i havent install anything yet, it is safe to delete that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-cextend-folder/92e4a163-8244-405c-806b-8e2b6948df59
  4. What is the folder C:\OS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the folder C:\OS?: Windows 11 Pro.The Drive/Partition label is OS C: but I also have a folder named C:\OS.It seems to have subfolders with the same names as folders directly under C:.What is this folder, how did it get there and do I need to keep it? All the files under C:\OS seem to be...
  5. What is the folder C:\OS?

What is the folder C:\OS?: Windows 11 Pro.The Drive/Partition label is OS C: but I also have a folder named C:\OS.It seems to have subfolders with the same names as folders directly under C:.What is this folder, how did it get there and do I need to keep it? All the files under C:\OS seem to be...
  6. What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer: I have a new computer with WIndows 11 installed. The C: drive is an SSD. I copied all main files and folders from an HHD on another computer. All of a sudden I notice that the C; drive shows as c: c: in file explorer. What does that mean and how di I correct it to show c:...
  7. What are these inaccessible folders in the C drive?

What are these inaccessible folders in the C drive?: I have a 3-month old rebuilt windows 10 desktop previous m/b failed, so replaced it, the cpu, RAM and the C drive with SSD that is showing a number of inaccessible folders in the C drive. Screenshot of this view, with hidden files shown option ticked, here:Every folder in the...
  8. File in C folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File in C folder: I have a file named "me.fo", I don't know if it was a virus file. Can I delete it?C:\Program Files x86\me.fo, when I click in the me.fo, I found an uninstall folder. So what I should do now?Thank everyone!...
  9. C:\ is not showing on file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\ is not showing on file explorer: C:\ is not showing after last windowa update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-is-not-showing-on-file-explorer/ef310090-c41f-4093-a043-dcec4477bed6
  10. C# or C++: What are the differences?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C# or C++: What are the differences?: Would you even notice a difference in the code for "Hello World"? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/get-started/tutorial-console-cpp?view=vs-2019 This is an introduction to C++. Would it look different in C#? Or should I look for a general introduction to C without paying...