Windows 10: What is the cause of conflicting graphics drivers and software after windows 10 updates?

Discus and support What is the cause of conflicting graphics drivers and software after windows 10 updates? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased an Asus Vivobook X505ZA in August of 2020. From day 1 of purchase, after every Windows 10 update my graphics card drivers have to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sharkette, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Sharkette Win User

What is the cause of conflicting graphics drivers and software after windows 10 updates?

I purchased an Asus Vivobook X505ZA in August of 2020. From day 1 of purchase, after every Windows 10 update my graphics card drivers have to be uninstalled and reinstalled, because I always get the pop up notification saying software version and driver versions do not match. I'm using a Ryzen 5 2500u and Radeon Vega 8 mobile graphics. I've done a clean install of Windows, still does it. I've used DDU, and it still does it. And it's only after a windows update. Now, when I reinstall the drivers, it says "could not write to referenced memory" Why is it doing this? What can I do about it?&n

:)

Sharkette, Apr 25, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

My radeon HD 8670m graphics card isn´t useable, after windows 10 update

Hi Cadwell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the machine?

I suggest you to install the latest graphics drivers from AMD Drivers and Support
    and see if it works. This updated driver serves both the integrated and discrete graphics.

If the drivers fail to install, the possible causes could be:

• Missing critical or recommended Windows Updates.
    • Graphics driver and software conflicts.
    • False positives blocked by anti-virus software.

Make sure, all the Windows Updates are installed and follow the troubleshooting steps listed in
    Troubleshooting Common AMD Graphics Driver Installation Problems and check if it works.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Intel HD Graphics Driver

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might have caused due to the outdated drivers of the Graphics display card.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I would also suggest you to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver
      and select Update driver software.
    Refer:
    How to update the graphics card drivers

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 25, 2021
  4. What is the cause of conflicting graphics drivers and software after windows 10 updates?

Constant issues with windows update .. suspected to be graphics driver problem.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed trying to fix the issue. Go to the Windows update installed and let us know which Windows update KB number is conflict to the issue.

• Type update on the windows search bar and select View installed update.

• Check for the KB number.
    You can also hide/block the Windows update, visit the below link:

How to temporarily prevent a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check. At first, I suggest you to install the graphic card driver and try installing the Windows update. Go to the below link and click on AUTO DETECT YOUR GPU. It
    will automatically detect the updated graphics card driver.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

What is the cause of conflicting graphics drivers and software after windows 10 updates?

1. What is the cause of conflicting graphics drivers and software after windows 10 updates? - Similar Threads - cause conflicting graphics

2. Software Conflict With Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software Conflict With Windows: I changed my profile on my computer and after that I got locked out of sound forge. It won't recognize my sign in email and serial number so I can't open the software. After I changed my profile - I had to sign back into all my software and re synch with Microsoft. Every...
  3. Software Conflict With Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software Conflict With Windows: I changed my profile on my computer and after that I got locked out of sound forge. It won't recognize my sign in email and serial number so I can't open the software. After I changed my profile - I had to sign back into all my software and re synch with Microsoft. Every...
  4. Windows update conflict with AMD Adrenalin Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update conflict with AMD Adrenalin Software: yesterday I update my AMD driver and software version via AMD official site. its work properly with the latest driver and software, and then windows update automatically updating my driver to older version so my AMD Adrenalin software cannot be opened because the driver...
  5. Windows update conflict with AMD Adrenalin Software

Windows update conflict with AMD Adrenalin Software: yesterday I update my AMD driver and software version via AMD official site. its work properly with the latest driver and software, and then windows update automatically updating my driver to older version so my AMD Adrenalin software cannot be opened because the driver...
  6. Conflicting driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conflicting driver updates: Since I upgraded to Windows 11, I experienced a constant flickering screen going black and back to normal several times per second. Luckily, I managed to fix this by installing a newer version of my Intel UHD Graphics Driver through the Intel Driver & Support...
  7. Conflicting driver updates

Conflicting driver updates: Since I upgraded to Windows 11, I experienced a constant flickering screen going black and back to normal several times per second. Luckily, I managed to fix this by installing a newer version of my Intel UHD Graphics Driver through the Intel Driver & Support...
  8. Windows update 2004 and conflict with Nvidia graphics

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 2004 and conflict with Nvidia graphics: I have contacted microsoft's technician on chat. It seems that microsoft updates cannot be deleted until installed. When 2004 installs I'm sure it will be back to the same problem. 2004 will delete after installation but may reappear as a download, anyway, and then I will...
  9. Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?: Hi All, I've been having an issue for months now, appreciate if anyone could help me out. My PC tends to stutter at random. FPS in games remain constant 60-40 but audio crackles and the display lags. As far as I can tell, the stuttering is random as CPU/GPU/Memory never hit...
  10. software conflicts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    software conflicts: I currently have subscriptions with Malware and PC Reviver. Whenever I try to run Reviver , Malware quarantines it. Are there anyway to run both ,or are they just incompatible?...