Windows 10: What is the correct process to swap hard discs of Windows 10 PCs

Discus and support What is the correct process to swap hard discs of Windows 10 PCs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello.I have an old Windows 10 Home laptop computer with a 1 TB SSD. The laptop has hardware issues that makes it run at 0,8 MHz. It runs slow. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Claudio Bogado Pompa, Nov 28, 2022.

1. What is the correct process to swap hard discs of Windows 10 PCs

Hello.I have an old Windows 10 Home laptop computer with a 1 TB SSD. The laptop has hardware issues that makes it run at 0,8 MHz. It runs slow. This laptop is used by my 6 year old son to play Roblox. With that clock speed he can not play because of the lag.I bought a used Windows 10 Professional PC with 256 GB SSD to give it to my son. This computer has not yet delivered to me.What is the correct process to swap SSDs between the two computers?When I receive the computer can I swap the SSDs and later on change the license type on each of them?Or should I start at least once the desktop PC to r

:)

Claudio Bogado Pompa, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2022
  3. Johnny5 Win User
    Building Again

I just tried to swap the hard drive for the one you suggested keakar but i purchased rush processing so its already in step 3... *Big Grin What is the correct process to swap hard discs of Windows 10 PCs :D

Johnny5, Nov 28, 2022
  4. GNJha Win User

What is the correct process to swap hard discs of Windows 10 PCs

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

What is the correct process to swap hard discs of Windows 10 PCs

1. What is the correct process to swap hard discs of Windows 10 PCs - Similar Threads - correct process swap

2. What is the correct process to swap hard discs of Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the correct process to swap hard discs of Windows 10 PCs: Hello.I have an old Windows 10 Home laptop computer with a 1 TB SSD. The laptop has hardware issues that makes it run at 0,8 MHz. It runs slow. This laptop is used by my 6 year old son to play Roblox. With that clock speed he can not play because of the lag.I bought a used...
  3. What is the correct process to swap hard discs of Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What is the correct process to swap hard discs of Windows 10 PCs: Hello.I have an old Windows 10 Home laptop computer with a 1 TB SSD. The laptop has hardware issues that makes it run at 0,8 MHz. It runs slow. This laptop is used by my 6 year old son to play Roblox. With that clock speed he can not play because of the lag.I bought a used...
  4. Swapping Windows 10 Versions between 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swapping Windows 10 Versions between 2 PCs: SCENARIO: I have a PC that I am going to retire. It has Windows 10 Pro. The new PC that I am buying comes with Windows 10 Home. ASK: I would like to put Windows 10 Pro on my new PC and Windows 10 Home on the old PC. Swap the Windows 10 versions. QUESTION: How can I do...
  5. What is the MAX number of hard disc drives for windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the MAX number of hard disc drives for windows 10: I am going to be buying a server with 24 drive bays. I have quite the collection of work files I want to store on it BUT... I want to hook them up like they were LOCAL drives using my NETDRIVE3 application. So each of them has a LOCAL letter and I can access then each as if...
  6. hard disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard disc: i bought a windows 10 machine and hadon C:Drive 117 gb of hard drive, i also have an extra on new Volume of E:Drive 1.36 TB my Question is i am running out on my C:Drive, HOW DO I GET TO USE THE E:Drive which holds 1.36 TB. i can not get to it as it will not let me get in...
  7. hard drive swap

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard drive swap: I have a new computer, and have that computer all setup. Can I take the old hard drive from the old computer and put it into the new computer (I dont need help on the mechanics). It is currently formatted for 2 logical drive. The current c: drive, I would reformat and use...
  8. Swapping hard drives

Swapping hard drives: How do I go about backing up windows to clone on a new hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/swapping-hard-drives/fac9a444-4f53-480d-aebc-2c98f61997fa
  9. windows 10 swap into new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 swap into new hard drive: I have an older computer, dell inspiron 1525, needs a new hard drive. I have a valid windows 10 pro 64 bit operating system. Is it possible to reinstall my windows OS on the new hard drive with the current product key?...
  10. Swapping hard drives.

Swapping hard drives.: I have recently purachsed a new laptop. A dell Inspiron 5570 and it came with a 1TB Hard Disk Drive. I also purchased a solid state drive with the plan to swap rhem out. I cant seem to figure out how to migrate the OS and files from the HDD to the SSD. I cannot boot...