Windows 10: What is the Current Philosophy on Backing Up and Restore?

Discus and support What is the Current Philosophy on Backing Up and Restore? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to reestablish Backup and Restore Control Panel on my Windows 11 PC, and encountering the "a shadow copy could not be created" error. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Curmudgeon10, Feb 21, 2024.

1. What is the Current Philosophy on Backing Up and Restore?

I'm trying to reestablish Backup and Restore Control Panel on my Windows 11 PC, and encountering the "a shadow copy could not be created" error. I've read a lot about this error, and most of the suggested fixes seem to fall into the category of "try this" --- fooling around with vss services --- with most of the people seeking help saying "yea, I tried that and it didn't work."Is there a reasonably easy to follow solution -- that actually works not once, but fixes things permanently --- for this seemingly common issue?Looking at Control Panel something Windows 11 doesn't seem to promote t

:)

Curmudgeon10, Feb 21, 2024
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

What is the Current Philosophy on Backing Up and Restore? 42853d1485958256t-restoring-windows-10-image-using-macrium-reflect-.jpg
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Back up restore mystery..

Ccleaner may have f**ked up the back up, thinking OK there is 2 bootable partions took away rights from the back up. Tossing out suggestions.....

jaggerwild, Feb 21, 2024
  4. What is the Current Philosophy on Backing Up and Restore?

For cygwin changed my user password in Windows 7 ultimate

Here are a few comments:

• Your reply suggests that you do not back up "very important data" to an independent medium. You might want to use this incident to review your backup philosophy.
    • "System Restore" does NOT affect user data.
    • I recommend you check out Wikipedia to find out how System Restore really works.

Frederik Long, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

What is the Current Philosophy on Backing Up and Restore?

1. What is the Current Philosophy on Backing Up and Restore? - Similar Threads - Current Philosophy Backing

2. What is the Current Philosophy on Backing Up and Restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the Current Philosophy on Backing Up and Restore?: I'm trying to reestablish Backup and Restore Control Panel on my Windows 11 PC, and encountering the "a shadow copy could not be created" error. I've read a lot about this error, and most of the suggested fixes seem to fall into the category of "try this" --- fooling around...
  3. Restoring backed up files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring backed up files: I recently had to do a factory reset on my laptop. I backed up my files on a flash drive but when I try to restore them it asks me for a disk. There are no disks. How do I get my files back?...
  4. Restoring backed up files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring backed up files: I recently had to do a factory reset on my laptop. I backed up my files on a flash drive but when I try to restore them it asks me for a disk. There are no disks. How do I get my files back?...
  5. System Restore Back up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Back up: All In One 22-df0023wwindows 10 64 bitPurchased this new HP and want to make a recovery on an external hard drive. Any advice on the best way to do this? I thought about the system image back up, yet while doing some searching I saw where some were saying that they made an...
  6. Back up and Restore

Back up and Restore: Is back up and restore being removed from Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-and-restore/363a9b10-a680-4ac0-9893-a98771b1b31d
  7. back up and restore win10

back up and restore win10: I have a recovery drive to be backed up, it was 16 GB when i had bought a new pc now its doubled to 32 GB. Can i back up the previous 16 GB recovery drive so that I can manage with my 32 GB pen drive?...
  8. Back up and Restore

Back up and Restore: Win 10 Pro 64bit. Ever since I updated. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809, I cannot back up Computer. I get Error Code 0x80070013 Local Disk (E). I have 3-computers and get the same error code. Thanks...
  9. Back up and Restore

Back up and Restore: Win 10 Pro 64bit. Ever since I updated. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809, I cannot back up Computer. I get Error Code 0x80070013 Local Disk (E). I have 3-computers and get the same error code. Thanks...
  10. Back up and restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Back up and restore: Why does my windows 10 home have windows 7 backup and restore? It's a new machine and it came with windows 10. Does anyone know? 111055