Windows 10: What is the default brightness/contrast for a monitor?

Discus and support What is the default brightness/contrast for a monitor? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What is the default brightness/contrast for most computer users?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FF1612, Oct 13, 2020.

1. FF1612 Win User

What is the default brightness/contrast for a monitor?

What is the default brightness/contrast for most computer users?

:)

FF1612, Oct 13, 2020

2. Adjusting Monitor Brightness and contrast

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you want to adjust the monitor brightness and contrast

Please answer the below question to assist you better,

What is the make and model of the keyboard?

Please check the below steps and check if it helps,

• Type Calibrate display color in the Cortana search box, and click on same.
    • Click Next on Display Color Calibration window.
    • Click Next on Set basic color settings appears on the screen window.
    • Similarly, you get another window How to adjust gamma and click Next button to continue.
    • Adjust gamma window prompts.Set the gamma color settings by sliding up or down (as you prefer) the gamma sliders. When you drag the slider upward brightness of your desktop enhances and when pull it downward brightness
      decreases.This is the center step to adjust brightness so perform carefully. Press
      Next button.
    • Then you will see the Find the brightness and contrast controls for your display. Tap on
      Skip brightness and contrast adjustment if you want to avoid the adjustment of brightness and contrast.
    • Press on Next button until you get the window called How to adjust color balance.
    • In the window “How to adjust color balance”, hit the Next button to go further window.
    • Here, you will notice another window Adjust color balance. In this window, you have the option to adjust the primary colors like
      red, blue and green by sliding these (right or left) with mouse according to your need. After you optimize the colors press the
      Next button.
    • Finally, click Finish button to save the current color calibration settings on your Windows 10 desktop.

You may also update the display driver and check if it helps:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

I would also suggest you install the latest keyboard drivers from the manufacturing website and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 13, 2020
  4. What is the default brightness/contrast for a monitor?

Adjusting Monitor Brightness and contrast

Dear Anup, Greetings and good wishes

Very pleased to see your reply. I have given you the laptop details at the bottom of my reply but first I would like to tell you the result of the above exercise when I followed the steps you mentioned.

The below mentioned sequence of screens appeared. There were no sliders or adjusting options.

• Calibrate display color clicked on same thru cortana.
    • Clicked Next on Display Color Calibration window. No Sliders or adjustment options
    • Clicked Next on Set basic color settings window. No sliders or adjustment options
    • There was no screen for How to adjust gamma so I clicked Next button to continue.
    • When the above fourth step screen was not available to Adjust gamma window prompts. I Pressed
      Next button.
    • Then I saw the Find the brightness and contrast controls display. BUT NO SLIDERS or Adjustment options SO I Tapped on
      Skip brightness and contrast adjustment still to see what happens.
    • I got the window called How to adjust color balance. without any sliders.
    • In the window “How to adjust color balance”, I hit the Next button to go further window.
    • Here, I noticed another window Adjust color balance. In this window, I had no option or sliders to adjust the primary colors in fact there the strips had no red,
      blue or green colors except black and grey strips so I pressed the
      Next button.
    • Finally, I clicked the Finish button.
    IN ALL THE ABOVE STEPS I COULD NOT FIND ANY SLIDERS OR ADJUSTMENT OPTIONS ALL SCREENS WERE GREY WITH INSTRUCTIONS YOU MENTIONED ABOVE.

My Laptop Details
    Make: HP, Model: G42 477TU Note book (Laptop), Processor: Intel (R) core(TM) i5CPU M480 @2.67GHz, RAM: 4GB, System Type: 64-bit operating system,x64 based processor. The keyboard came installed with the Laptop and couldn't find any specifications or types
    written on the keyboard pad. As iam novice to technicalities it willbe great to learn from you if you can guide me find the same.
    Before ending my feed back I would like to give you a piece of information if etal it is linked to my problem. When I tried the windows update it says it cannot update Intel(R) HD Graphics due to Error 0x800f0203 although it was available. I tried this
    update several times but got the same error message.
    Looking forward to your reply ASAP.

[*]

Sriniwas SharmaGunttur, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

What is the default brightness/contrast for a monitor?

1. What is the default brightness/contrast for a monitor? - Similar Threads - default brightness contrast

2. Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop: I have bought an acer nitro v15 for my brother and its a good device but most importantly the screen looked amazing, so we bought another one but the contrast is extremely low, and there is no way I could find for a way to change the contrast and brightness from the OS, in...
  3. Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop: I have bought an acer nitro v15 for my brother and its a good device but most importantly the screen looked amazing, so we bought another one but the contrast is extremely low, and there is no way I could find for a way to change the contrast and brightness from the OS, in...
  4. Screen contrast changes depending on brightness.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen contrast changes depending on brightness.: I am using Windows 11 Pro build 22631 on dark mode and there seem to be some kind of adaptive brightness/contrast that changes if the window I'm in is dark or bright usually more noticeable when browsing the web. I searched for a way to disable it but couldn't figure it out....
  5. Screen Brightness/Contrast changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Brightness/Contrast changing: Hello. I have been trying to solve this problem for days now... hope you can help ( I'm new to the subreddit btw) So one day I decided to reposition my setup so I unplugged my monitor and when I set it up I noticed that my display has become more "pale" (I tested the...
  6. Contrast/brightness bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contrast/brightness bug: Hi recently got an Asus laptop after a while the laptop started to go high contrast and back to normal and I have already tried turning off high contrast settings, please help. PS I have tried Linux and no problem there....
  7. Contrast on monitor screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Contrast on monitor screen: I just had two cataract surgeries and the contrast on the monitor, which is not 100%, is giving me headaches. I read guidance online but I can't find the way to lessen it manually. Every couple weeks something pops up on login which gives me an opportunity but I can't find it...
  8. Monitor Contrast

Monitor Contrast: How do I adjust the contrast on my monitor? I am using a Lenovo S340. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-contrast/b128f162-7428-4cbc-97da-58ab343edbc2
  9. Windows help with brightness and contrast

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows help with brightness and contrast: I have been having this issue that I cannot adjust my brightness and contrast... It pisses me off because it is hard to play games. If someone know a solution to this problem, please help me. Any help is appreciated! submitted by /u/Qountiemi [link] [comments]...
  10. Contrast/Brightness Settings

Contrast/Brightness Settings: I've been having a lot of trouble with my contrast and brightness settings on my laptop. When I play games that are dark or take place during the night, I can hardly see anything. The games themselves do not always have the option to change these settings, however I've seen...