Windows 10: What is the Default Owner of Data Partition?

Discus and support What is the Default Owner of Data Partition? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I recently changed the Default Owner of my Data Partition (Data HP E:) into Administrators but I would like to know who the real Default Owner is.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by witten1972, Sep 1, 2019.

1. What is the Default Owner of Data Partition?

Hi, I recently changed the Default Owner of my Data Partition (Data HP EWhat is the Default Owner of Data Partition? :) into Administrators but I would like to know who the real Default Owner is. Is it System, or TrustedInstaller?

My C Drive is TrustedInstaller and other Partitions are Administrators.

I would like to revert it back but I don't know who the Default Owner of a Partition is!

Lets say its System, can I choose Administrators for the files and folders within, except System Volume Information?

:)

witten1972, Sep 1, 2019

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

What is the Default Owner of Data Partition? partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Sep 1, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 1, 2019
  4. badrobot Win User

What is the Default Owner of Data Partition?

Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data

Download any of the suggested programs above and fire up Youtube for a step by step instruction. Easus is a good software. But I personally use MiniTool Partition Wizard.

It will only take 5 minutes to become a professional hard drive partitioner. What is the Default Owner of Data Partition? :)

badrobot, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

What is the Default Owner of Data Partition?

1. What is the Default Owner of Data Partition? - Similar Threads - Default Owner Data

2. Restore data to new partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore data to new partition: I have a new laptop with two partitions, one C: (ssd) for programfiles and and one A: (trad. harddisk). I want to install the data from my old computer C: but there is no way of choosing A: using restore with "History file". I have the backup on a external hard disk. What...
  3. Default Partition Reversed on Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Partition Reversed on Update: I've given feedback on Default partitions being reversed, especially by Fast Ring/Skip Ahead: I dual boot between Production and Insider versions of Windows 10. The Production partition is default. Insider partition gets an Update, so the next time I boot, Insider is the...
  4. What is an active partition?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is an active partition?: hi again, By accident I've partitioned my external HHD as active (by fiddling around with the Disk Manager), and it seems I can't undo it. Can that cause any damage to the bootup? I hope not. My system should boot up from the C: drive, as far as I know, and C: is an...
  5. Recover lost partitions and data

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recover lost partitions and data: I appreciate the help with this issue. I did something stupid, I freely admit that. Now I need help to fix the problem. My laptop running Windows 10 updated to the latest build and would not boot. I kept getting Missing boot manager missing. Eventually I removed the drive and...
  6. What is the default partition layout... a bit confused...

What is the default partition layout... a bit confused...: Hi there, I have just performed a clean install of Windows 10 from a bootable DVD, made from Media Creation Tool. Laptop with initial HP recovery stuff and OEM programs removed! During the installation I formatted only the primary partition C and now the laptop is running...
  7. What is "msftres" partition

What is "msftres" partition: Hi all, I want to delete all partition that are preinstalled in my new laptop and then I want to install Win 10 Pro. I went into GPARTED and I see: - EFI 260MB - msftres 16MB - WINDOWS 50GB - WINRE 300MB I want to install two new Win 10 Pro in UEFI and SECURE...
  8. Data on separate partition or drive?

Data on separate partition or drive?: Wondering how Windows 10 deals with putting data on a separate partition or drive. Does it use the same general method as in Windows 7, where it re-maps (for example) "Documents" to a folder on a different letter drive path? So that C:\Users\{user}\Documents becomes...
  9. What is the swap partition?

What is the swap partition?: When installing Windows 10, 8 or 7 they say that they will create a swap partition. What does this partition exactly? I would think that it is like the page file, a space that Windows uses when he runs out of RAM, but Windows also creates automatically the page file so...
  10. somehow my location data got turned off what are defaults ???

in Windows 10 Support
    somehow my location data got turned off what are defaults ???: Hi all somehow not sure if a update did it but cortana got turned off and so did my location stuff, so anyone know what the defaults are as i never played with it much, but want to reset it to default if anyone know what it is??? 32884