Windows 10: What is the Device Census (devicecensus.exe) file in Windows 10?

Discus and support What is the Device Census (devicecensus.exe) file in Windows 10? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In recent days some Windows 10 users reported a never-before-seen executable file on their PC named Device Census (devicecensus.exe). Some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 1, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

What is the Device Census (devicecensus.exe) file in Windows 10?

WinClub, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Device Census

Hi Roy,

We understand your concern regarding Device Census. DeviceCensus.exe is part of Microsoft Windows Operating System, and it is an important part of it. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• When did you start noticing this behavior?
    • Did you make any significant changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Does the number of DeviceCensus.exe increase only when you're playing games?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps to prevent this from happening?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Jan Del Win User
    DeviceCensus.exe

Hi,

We found a thread that has similar query. We suggest checking the answer of DaveM121, one of our Content Creators, on this
    thread educating fellow community member about DeviceCensus.exe.

Let us know if you have other queries.

Jan Del, Aug 1, 2020
  4. What is the Device Census (devicecensus.exe) file in Windows 10?

Device census

every day from 3 to 4 Am Message Come up Application is allowed to accsess to camera and when i open this message i found the application name Device Census and the pathway for this application System32/Devicecensus.exe when i open this application manually
    the kaspersky message comes up each time i open it

AbdullahAbdulrahman, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

What is the Device Census (devicecensus.exe) file in Windows 10?

1. What is the Device Census (devicecensus.exe) file in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Device Census devicecensus

2. What is " tg_1.4.45.38.exe " file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is " tg_1.4.45.38.exe " file?: Hi. When connecting to the Internet This file in the section Processes with Network Activity Runs. Do this file to programs Malware related? Thank you for your attention and response. and Thanks to Windows Answers team....
  3. If I just got an update and it worked, Why is deviceCensus,exe asking what you already know?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I just got an update and it worked, Why is deviceCensus,exe asking what you already know?: How do we know what you are collecting with this app? Where can I see the white paper for this app? Where can I see the data you would collect? How can I opt out?...
  4. What is Device Census - I do not have a camera!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is Device Census - I do not have a camera!: What is Device Census - I do not have a camera? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-device-census-i-do-not-have-a-camera/6ae907ef-38c0-400a-92b7-4754343bf5cc
  5. What is Device Census in Windows 10? When antivirus program always alerts to this "program"

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is Device Census in Windows 10? When antivirus program always alerts to this "program": What is Device Census in Windows 10 and why does it always trigger a response from my antivirus program asking if I want to run it or not?...
  6. Device Census

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Census: Why does Device Census want to access my webcam......?????? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-census/c76c7141-42ae-40c5-a579-04d0a19fe878"
  7. Receiving Device Census notice every morning

Receiving Device Census notice every morning: Every morning when I open my laptop I have a security notice about Device Census. I tell it to block it. I don't want my webcam being used. It seems that if I block it, I should not get this notice every day. What is this about. Thank you....
  8. Device Census is using webcam

Device Census is using webcam: These replies have not been helpful. How can Microsoft justify using the webcam on MY laptop without my SPECIFIC approval. What an invasion of my privacy. Is this not arrogance on the part of Microsift? Have I misunderstood? If so, I am willing to apoligise for my ignorance....
  9. Device Census Stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Census Stopped working: On Thursday, July 12 2018 I updated Windows 10 to Version 1803, Os build 17134.165. Since then, every time I turn on my computer I get an application failure in Reliability Monitor: Device Census Stopped working. It's always the same : Description Faulting Application Path:...
  10. Device Census

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Census: Why is my device census has stopped working ando how to fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/device-census/b52ac796-dec9-48e8-b2a0-4b47026d9b48