Windows 10: What is the difference between a factory reset and...

Discus and support What is the difference between a factory reset and... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What is the difference between a factory reset and (I understand what a factory reset is) and creating a new user administrator and then deleting an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marshall Moore, May 8, 2019.

1. What is the difference between a factory reset and...

What is the difference between a factory reset and (I understand what a factory reset is) and creating a new user administrator and then deleting an old user administrator leaving only the new user. I hope my question makes sense. Thanks

:)

Marshall Moore, May 8, 2019
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 8, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, May 8, 2019
  4. What is the difference between a factory reset and...

Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], May 8, 2019
Thema:

What is the difference between a factory reset and...

1. What is the difference between a factory reset and... - Similar Threads - difference between factory

2. Whats the difference between reset OS from factory settings and re-install OS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whats the difference between reset OS from factory settings and re-install OS?: How to do either? Im not seeing any option to choose one them! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-difference-between-reset-os-from-factory/ed6b489f-8404-4027-8285-e9882223abda
  3. Whats the difference between reset OS from factory settings and re-install OS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whats the difference between reset OS from factory settings and re-install OS?: How to do either? Im not seeing any option to choose one them! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-difference-between-reset-os-from-factory/ed6b489f-8404-4027-8285-e9882223abda
  4. Whats the difference between reset OS from factory settings and re-install OS?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What's the difference between a hard reset and reinstalling Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the difference between a hard reset and reinstalling Windows?: Now I'm not talking about doing a soft reset. You know the one that it keeps your files. I'm talking about a hard reset. The one that deletes everything. What's the difference between doing this and reinstalling OS all together?...
  6. What's the difference between a hard reset and reinstalling Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the difference between a hard reset and reinstalling Windows?: Now I'm not talking about doing a soft reset. You know the one that it keeps your files. I'm talking about a hard reset. The one that deletes everything. What's the difference between doing this and reinstalling OS all together?...
  7. What’s the difference between these windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s the difference between these windows?: Right now I have windows 10 home. But I hear a lot about windows creator update? How do I know if I have this I’m not really sure if this is a whole is version or just an update.? If I don’t have it how do I go about getting it. I’m building a new pc and I’m installing a...
  8. What's the difference between a fresh install and reset of the PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What's the difference between a fresh install and reset of the PC?: Hi, I'd like to know if there are differences between doing a fresh install and reset the computer through the settings app. I don't understand the differences between the two options apart from the fact that the fresh install scan for updates and then reset the computer,...
  9. What Is The Difference Between A "Windows Reset" and A "Repair/Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What Is The Difference Between A "Windows Reset" and A "Repair/Install: I am just curious ... what is the difference between the "Windows Reset" option under Recovery and a "repair/install"? 130080
  10. What Is The Difference Between A "Windows Reset" and A "Repair/Install

in Windows 10 Support
    What Is The Difference Between A "Windows Reset" and A "Repair/Install: I am just curious ... what is the difference between the "Windows Reset" option under Recovery and a "repair/install"? 130080