Windows 10: What is the difference between a factory reset and...

Discus and support What is the difference between a factory reset and... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What is the difference between a factory reset and (I understand what a factory reset is) and creating a new user administrator and then deleting an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marshall Moore, May 8, 2019.

1. What is the difference between a factory reset and...

What is the difference between a factory reset and (I understand what a factory reset is) and creating a new user administrator and then deleting an old user administrator leaving only the new user. I hope my question makes sense. Thanks

:)

Marshall Moore, May 8, 2019
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 8, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, May 8, 2019
  4. What is the difference between a factory reset and...

Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], May 8, 2019
Thema:

What is the difference between a factory reset and...

1. What is the difference between a factory reset and... - Similar Threads - difference between factory

2. What is factory reset in windows 10????

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is factory reset in windows 10????: My desktop PC has pre-installed os as windows xp. After that I installed windows 7 genuine. With that product key, I upgraded it to windows 10 now. Now it is running windows 10 pro. But, now it is not working well. So I wish to reset my desktop PC. I wish to...
  3. What is the difference between features and capabilities?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the difference between features and capabilities?: Is there a clear definition of package, feature and capabilities? My understanding is; Packages are file or group of files which is used to install a software App, driver?, feature, services, patches, update, on demand feature, anymore? into the OS. Features are...
  4. What is the difference between Shutdown and Restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the difference between Shutdown and Restart?: When I receive an order to stop what I am doing and MS force an update, it gives me the option to Restart or Shutdown." Is there any difference? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-shutdown-and/fa211af9-a13d-43da-9f8d-a5d2973a5c77
  5. what is the difference between pin no. and password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what is the difference between pin no. and password?: difference between pin number and password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-pin-no-and-password/1e0895fc-8429-408c-88b6-bb210ad8fd29"
  6. What's the difference between Links & Favourites?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What's the difference between Links & Favourites?: What is the difference between %userprofile%\Links & %userprofile%\Favourites? If I type 'Links' in the directory bar it takes me to the Favourites folder, but Links is certainly a different folder. I want to know this simply because I want to know what sort of file goes...
  7. What is the difference between the Favorites and the Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the difference between the Favorites and the Quick Access?: In the File explorer there is the Favorite folder. I can add folder links there to access tem after. The bad thing about it is that I can not unfold it to directyl access targets inside. so every time I need to access one of my favorites I have to first navigate to the...
  8. What Is The Difference Between A "Windows Reset" and A "Repair/Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What Is The Difference Between A "Windows Reset" and A "Repair/Install: I am just curious ... what is the difference between the "Windows Reset" option under Recovery and a "repair/install"? 130080
  9. What Is The Difference Between A "Windows Reset" and A "Repair/Install

in Windows 10 Support
    What Is The Difference Between A "Windows Reset" and A "Repair/Install: I am just curious ... what is the difference between the "Windows Reset" option under Recovery and a "repair/install"? 130080
  10. What is the difference between 'This PC' and 'Libraries'?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the difference between 'This PC' and 'Libraries'?: In File Explorer I can see a number of ways to access my files. For example, if I wanted to go to my Pictures; I can go straight to Libraries >Pictures and make a selection Or I can go to 'This PC'> Pictures and make a selection So what is the difference? I know I am...