Windows 10: What is the difference between "Add a language" and adding a Local Experience Pack

Discus and support What is the difference between "Add a language" and adding a Local Experience Pack in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to set up language and localisation settings for English (United Kingdom). If you go to Settings > Time & Language > Language, there is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TimApt, Sep 15, 2019.

1. TimApt Win User

What is the difference between "Add a language" and adding a Local Experience Pack

I'm trying to set up language and localisation settings for English (United Kingdom). If you go to Settings > Time & Language > Language, there is the Add a windows display language with Local Experience Packs link and the Add a language button. What is the difference between these? If I add one, does that automatically set the other? And how do they relate to the Windows display language and Preferred languages settings?

When I tried to install the Local Experience Pack, it didn't then appear in the drop-down for the Windows Display Language setting. That only appeared after I then also used the Add a language button... or after I restarted.... or both! (It got very confusing). Is there a particular order I should do this in?

:)

TimApt, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Adding Local Experience Packs to your Windows 10 image

Source: Adding Local Experience Packs to your Windows image - Microsoft Tech Community - 254125

Brink, Sep 15, 2019
  3. WinDoge Win User
    Adding Local Experience Packs to your Windows 10 image

So this is why installing a second language worked fine before, but now it fails.

Before, when the second language I'm trying to install (English (US)) was a regular language pack it all worked fine, but now when I try to install it on a new computer it tries to install the English (US) Local Experience Pack instead and fails.

One would the think that English is a rather well known language that doesn't need a Local Experience Pack to improve translations (from English to English?) but apparently not.

WinDoge, Sep 15, 2019
  4. What is the difference between "Add a language" and adding a Local Experience Pack

Problems in installing a language pack in Windows 10

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem Enzo have had!

In my PC with Windows 10 (build 10586.29) I added the Italian language in the language section of settings but I had in the Windows display language the "A language pack isn't available"

I proceeded with all the steps above indicated but i could not to install language pack from MSDN (I had the message: "The language cannot be installed on this computer" with two different language packs)

Any suggestion?

Thank you.

MaurizioDesperate, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

What is the difference between "Add a language" and adding a Local Experience Pack

1. What is the difference between "Add a language" and adding a Local Experience Pack - Similar Threads - difference between Add

2. Random local experience packs in various languages in the app list

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Random local experience packs in various languages in the app list: Random local experience packs in various languages have downloaded themselves from Microsoft Store and appear in the apps and features list but can't be uninstalled. How do I get rid of them?...
  3. local experience pack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    local experience pack: Hello, Im im looking for a local experience packs download iso for the new win10 20h2 (2009) but i cant find.. Can anyone help ? submitted by /u/gjuuz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mrhmp2/local_experience_pack/
  4. Info on the Language Packs and the Local eXperience Packs

in Windows 10 Support
    Info on the Language Packs and the Local eXperience Packs: Hi What is the difference between the iso files that contain the Language Packs and the Local eXperience Packs? Could you please tell me the names of these iso files for Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 32 bit and 64 bit? Thanks Bye 172201
  5. No Handwriting in Language Experience pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Handwriting in Language Experience pack: The goal is installing complete Japanese support on offline Windows 10 workstation. Since langiage packages changed to appx format, I downloaded the appropriate "Local Experience Package" from: STORE: technically, using adguard sniffing service, but it does not change...
  6. How to Remove Local Experience Packs

How to Remove Local Experience Packs: Hello, I just bought a new laptop and it came with about 40 different Local Experience Packs installed. Since I only speak one language, these are pretty useless to me, but I don't see a way to uninstall them. Does anyone know how to get rid of these? [ATTACH]...
  7. Add a Language pack in Windows

Add a Language pack in Windows: Split from this thread. I have some trouble with the new update too. My window edition is Window 10 pro, in the new update, it makes the connection of Bluetooth headphone becomes really bad it's still ok in the last version even the sound is a little small and another...
  8. Adding a Language without Downloading a Language Pack

Adding a Language without Downloading a Language Pack: Recently, I added Japanese language through Settings to my Windows 10 PC in order to be able to write in Japanese. Unfortunately, it also started to download its language pack. I managed to stop it using task manager by stopping Delivery Opimisation process. I was in a...
  9. Adding Local Experience Packs to your Windows 10 image

in Windows 10 News
    Adding Local Experience Packs to your Windows 10 image: With Windows 10, version 1803, we started to deliver language translation improvements via Local Experience Packs, also referred to as LXPs. Local Experience Packs are AppX packages delivered via the Microsoft Store that enable users to experience Windows features like the...
  10. Adding English Language Pack

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding English Language Pack: With the previous build (10074) I could switch the interface between English and Swedish but although Win 10 tells me that I have switched to English it does not change, it just stays in Swedish. Is this a build 10122 thing? 6252